Aynix wrote:
Imagine Tempest leaguestone "next area contains Radiating Tempest" :o

What is this Tempest doing?

According to the wiki:
1200% increased Rarity of Items dropped by slain enemies
600% increased Quantity of Items dropped by slain enemies
420% increased Rarity of Items found
70% increased Quantity of Items found
Nice one for sure, but corrupting tempest was probably more popular.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Yep. The interesting thing is the distribution, not the average drop rate.

I'd imagine it won't be too lopsided because none of the leagues by itself isn't particularly rewarding. For the ones with great potential benefit like Perandus or Talisman you also have to grind them a lot. You're likely looking at tens of repetitions before you really get off the ground, and closer to 100 before you get to the good stuff. It simply doesn't make sense to make them Chayula breach -level rare. I'm thinking more like corrupted essence -level rare, and possibly even more common.

Before reaching the mapping stage a character probably goes through around 150 areas, including repetitions and backtracking. During Essence league I played around 250 hours and did some 500 maps plus assorted other areas for prophecies and other non-map things. So let's assume a reasonably devoted player can find 1000 leaguestones during the league. With perfectly even droprates that would be 59 stones for each of the 17 leagues, which isn't too unreasonable. A 10:1 imbalance between rarest and most common would mean about 12 drops of the rare types. That's low enough that you won't get much Perandus coins at all, certainly not enough for any top-tier items. At a guess the actual droprate probably falls between these two values.
Why people thinks that league stones will have diffrent drop rate for diffrent leagues. They haven't said anything that some leagues will be more rare than other...
"
Aynix wrote:
Why people thinks that league stones will have diffrent drop rate for diffrent leagues. They haven't said anything that some leagues will be more rare than other...

Because we know that GGG wants their game to be based on trade. Trade requires a balance between supply and demand. If they give everyone what they want, there wont be any motivation for trade. So they ask themselves, "what do they want?" and restrict that so there will be a balance between supply and demand an a market is created.

Everyone seems to want Pend. Wanna place a bet that that stone is less frequent?
Will see, we have no info yet. I just want to see Tempest leaguestone, if they will have random tempest or something like "next zone will contain sharding tempest".
I wanted talisman as 1 of my leagues that one is pretty intensive grind wise and has to be up 100% of the time to make it worthwhile i just dont see that happening unless i nonstop trade for it and i am simply not gonna do that.
furthermore i am against even more micromanagement for me is just one to many thing to micromanage i just wanna slap in 3 stones and play my leagues of choice.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Because we know that GGG wants their game to be based on trade. Trade requires a balance between supply and demand. If they give everyone what they want, there wont be any motivation for trade. So they ask themselves, "what do they want?" and restrict that so there will be a balance between supply and demand an a market is created.

Everyone seems to want Pend. Wanna place a bet that that stone is less frequent?

I doubt it.

The better question they should be asking themselves is "what can we do to the other leagues to make them as enticing".

Perandus is also somewhat balanced by the fact you need to run several hundred of them before you can even start making use of them that well. It makes *much* more sense to let other people rune perandus and buy their coins, then run perandus yourself with Cadiro spawns later on.

Anarchy looks like it should be very popular, at least during the early game to get people geared.

Also a finer point i overlooked, one of the prefixes (presumably common to all) adds extra charges, and although it only shows +2 in the example it could quite easily have a range of 2-4, and there might be a suffix for it as well.
Last edited by Asmosis on Feb 19, 2017, 1:09:54 AM
It would be so awkward if they nerf Perandus League Stone drop rate, because of this little Thread. >_< Anarchy is at risk too... :o
Gonna play all of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info