Next league, make less grindy/trade enforced challenges.

Yeah, i said it before and i keep my though, the jewels challenge is pure bullshit:

Not that i even tried to do it, but i would expect a challenge having the possibility to be done naturally, as all the others have if you just play.

This challenge is pure rng and you're forced to vaal stuff, vaal should keep as an option, not everyone like to vaal items.

It is the same as the "chromatic problem" which they kinda softened making the 3 colors with Vorici cost less, you still can take forever to color something right if you want off colors.

You shouldn't be forced to play pure rng or go home ever. It gets frustrating sometimes and people don't play a game to have a 100% chance to get frustrated.

I'm not saying it is hard to get those jewels, it just isn't a challenge at all, it doesn't depends on you, depends on the game deciding to give you the corruption results.

All the others i got just by playing(a lot), even the get splinters from Chayula, which i saw a lot of people complaining about. I met Chayula more than 10 times in breaches, so i just think people complaining about it don't play much the game at all.

Anyway, i think the next league challenges are prepared already, so hehh, there won't be changes if there are shitty challenges like that one on it.
Sometimes...
no no no make more 'trade sets of divination cards' and 'identify those uniques', it's so much fun omg you get to sit on poe trade and then read cool afk messages, like, alot. kappa
"
Peterlerock wrote:
That's just not true.

It actually is kinda true, if you logically assume they speak not of the couple dozen inconsequential challenges. I'm pretty sure when SSF leagues come, we'll see some stuff that looks pretty embarrassing to GGG.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
a) 2 of those, you can simply buy for a couple chaos.

If by "couple of chaos" you mean "a few exalts." DO remember that when an item becomes required for a challenge, its value goes up astronomically. (See: the old "identify these uniques" challenges resulted in a number of items basically losing an exalt-plus in value just for being ID'd)

A Mortal set is currently 1.5 ex; expect it to go for 3-5 ex at least in Legacy. (I expect "Shares" will run about an exalt per) Similarly, expect other things to jump in price too; it's simple economics of supply and demand: challenges amp the demand to basically include "the whole server."

"
Peterlerock wrote:
b) is it really wrong to include a couple challenges for the crazy people?

Yes, it is wrong regardless of what you think, because this is a game meant to have more than a half-dozen players. For those wanting to push hard, that's what level 100/the ladder is for. There's no ladder for challenges.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
Does anybody deserve to get 36 or even 40 challenges?
Do you want them handed to you on a silver plate?

Yep, that's classic, "go insult others for being lazy."

Yes, at its basis for OBJECTIVELY good gameplay, the player should be rewarded for playing well, and moreover, the reward should be commensurate to the effort and quality of play.

Obscene grindwalls make it virtually impossible to give a valid reward. Especially when the reward is only an extension of a lower tier of them that are VASTLY easier to get.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
BTW: Not a single one of the challenges requires a party or rotation.

Given that I notice you've only just gotten to your first 36/40, I really don't think anyone would consider you qualified to make that statement.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:

"
Peterlerock wrote:
a) 2 of those, you can simply buy for a couple chaos.

If by "couple of chaos" you mean "a few exalts." DO remember that when an item becomes required for a challenge, its value goes up astronomically. (See: the old "identify these uniques" challenges resulted in a number of items basically losing an exalt-plus in value just for being ID'd)

As clearly indicated by the structure of my post, I was talking about "Shaper Kill" and "Chayula Kill", not about identifying some astronomically expensive uniques.

Those 2 challenges were regularly offered in 820 for about 10-15 chaos (not the actual loot, just being in the map when the boss was killed).

---

For the rest:
There's nothing "objective" here, no matter how hard you try.
It's a matter of taste.

In games like this, I prefer to have some things out of reach, so I can hope and dream and wish. And fail. I want stuff in my games that I will not be able to complete. Same as I want monsters to regularly kill my characters, because otherwise it would be incredibly boring to me.

(about your rude last statement: it should be kind of obvious that I didn't even try to go for the challenges in the past, skipped entire leagues etc.)
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Feb 28, 2017, 5:42:45 PM
"
Peterlerock wrote:
(about your rude last statement: it should be kind of obvious that I didn't even try to go for the challenges in the past, skipped entire leagues etc.)

That's the whole crux of it: you have zero experience, so you're in absolutely zero position to be an "authority" on what works and what doesn't. It's not being rude; it's simply pointing out an objective fact, even if you find it being brought up a little embarrassing.

Moreover, that you say you should "always have something out of reach" is being a bit self-centered, as you're basically asking the game to be built entirely around your own expectations.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info