Next league, make less grindy/trade enforced challenges.

I know this league (like many others) was completely solable and one could do all challenges without having to buy/sell stuff to facilitate; but since many challenges were based purely on RNG, like the jewels (why the hell is the concept of a challenge mixed up with 100% rng btw?!), identify uniques, upgrade uniques, i tried to do most of those solo, but in the end i just got tired and bought off the uniques/splinters i required to upgrade/identify.

A challenge is something you can manage with strategy and practice, not repetitive grind that relies a lot on RNG.

Imagine having to farm 300-500 chayula's splinters by itself incase bad luck with chaos id etc, damm, good luck SSF.

Edit: Liked a lot the idea from the guy below. Why enforce the usage of currency or atlas gimmicks?!
And teh conclusion is very important, make challenges that feel funny doing it, it's simple, after a challenge creative process is done, ask some people who play the game: "would you have fun doing this? How much fun"? STop this procedure when satisfied. lol
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Feb 14, 2017, 1:01:06 PM
Last bumped on Feb 28, 2017, 9:33:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
The_Risen wrote:
I know this league (like many others) was completely solable and one could do all challenges without having to buy/sell stuff to facilitate; but since many challenges were based purely on RNG, like the jewels (why the hell is the concept of a challenge mixed up with 100% rng btw?!), identify uniques, upgrade uniques, i tried to do most of those solo, but in the end i just got tired and bought off the uniques/splinters i required to upgrade/identify.

A challenge is something you can manage with strategy and practice, not repetitive grind that relies a lot on RNG.

Imagine having to farm 300-500 chayula's splinters by itself incase bad luck with chaos id etc, damm, good luck SSF.

Playing SSF. I dont mind grindy challenges. And I dont overly mind 'trade based' challenges. The ones I dislike most are the ones which "force me" (if I want to do them) to waste currency (jewels - even if I want corrupted jewels then corrupting boxes is obviously the better method which doesnt even count for the challenge - no idea whats up with "waste vaal orbs for nothing" challenge).
And worst is the "get 25x Atlas bonus in red maps" one. Maybe I dont want to unlock "everything" in the Atlas? Challenge shouldnt force me to screw up the Atlas. This one reduced my motivation to do some challenges to close to zero. It wasnt very high to start with as I dont care about the MTX stuff. But if the challenges wouldnt be anti-fun I would probably put in some effort. So from my perspective: If GGG wants people to do challenges: Make better ones without detrimental side effects.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
It's nothing like a waste.
There are very good unique jewels that you can get from corruption, and it can eventually upgrade some correct jwls into something a bit better.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
There were definitely a couple of "bullshit RNG" challenges this time, but the jewels were not one. If you vaaled 100 jewels or so, and actually kept track of what you were doing, you should easily have gotten it. There are enough really common corrupt only jewels that you can get like... 8? with no effort/time at all. The problematic RNG challenges IMO were Splinters from Chayula herself, and the Warbands box. It should have been of each type, and been a lower tier challenge, and the boxes should have just been any unique box (and hell, they could have even nerfed the spawn rate of Strange Barrels, which I think I found at least 15 of this league). These were the only two real RNG challenges that I saw a lot of people having a hard time with.

I don't mind the "grindy" challenges at all. In fact, I think they are some of the best ones. The end game grinds and map tiers were some of the most legitimate "challenges" there were. Sure, the 10k tiers was easy to do with tier 11 strands or whatever, but that was still an investment in time, which is what a grind is.

The fact of the matter is that if you choose to play a hard mode (ie. refuse to trade/party/share etc.) that's on you when it prevents you from hitting your goal with challenges.

I also think some folks maybe need a reality check with regards to their challenge tier goal. If you are a super casual, a couple hours a week type of player, then go for 12. That should be reasonably easy to achieve. If you play more than that but aren't a no-lifer, then 24 is for you. If you have serious time to commit, and want to make that investment of time (and currency lol), then 36 is for those guys.
U MAD?
"
Fruz wrote:
There are very good unique jewels that you can get from corruption,

I am not saying corrupting "jewels" is a bad thing to do. Its just inefficient. You are better off corrupting 'Jewelers' strongboxes with quantity. Game shouldnt "tell" players to be inefficient.

"
Fruz wrote:
and it can eventually upgrade some correct jwls into something a bit better.
Maybe. But who has enough "correct" jewels to complete the challenge with them?
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
There are very good unique jewels that you can get from corruption,

I am not saying corrupting "jewels" is a bad thing to do. Its just inefficient. You are better off corrupting 'Jewelers' strongboxes with quantity. Game shouldnt "tell" players to be inefficient.

"
Fruz wrote:
and it can eventually upgrade some correct jwls into something a bit better.
Maybe. But who has enough "correct" jewels to complete the challenge with them?

What are "correct" jewels? Literally ANY viridian jewel (white, blue, yellow, or unique) can be corrupted into ANY of the corrupt-only Viridians. Same for Cobalt and Crimson. The only thing that matters for corrupting a jewel into a "corrupt-only" jewel is the base type.
U MAD?
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I also think some folks maybe need a reality check with regards to their challenge tier goal. If you are a super casual, a couple hours a week type of player, then go for 12. That should be reasonably easy to achieve. If you play more than that but aren't a no-lifer, then 24 is for you. If you have serious time to commit, and want to make that investment of time (and currency lol), then 36 is for those guys.

What about "those guys" with 40?

"
Docbp87 wrote:
What are "correct" jewels? Literally ANY viridian jewel (white, blue, yellow, or unique) can be corrupted into ANY of the corrupt-only Viridians. Same for Cobalt and Crimson. The only thing that matters for corrupting a jewel into a "corrupt-only" jewel is the base type.

You misinterpreted 'Fruz's quote. I think. At least I interpreted it as "If you are lucky and dont brick it it has a chance to get a good implict from the Vaal orb". So "correct" == "has a certain amount of value".
"
Zrevnur wrote:

You misinterpreted 'Fruz's quote. I think. At least I interpreted it as "If you are lucky and dont brick it it has a chance to get a good implict from the Vaal orb". So "correct" == "has a certain amount of value".

No one would ever vaal a jewel that was already good to try to get the challenge, so that doesn't even make sense. You vaal garbage viridians to try to get Sac Harvests, not GG Viridians that you can sell on their own... I don't know anyone that vaals jewels for the implicits...

Also, corrupting jeweler's boxes is a terrible way to get corrupt-only jewels, if you are specifically trying to get them. It might take a lifetime to get a Sac Harvest or a Hungry Abyss from vaaling jeweler's boxes. You will get one MUCH faster by vaaling every shit blue viridian jewel you find.
U MAD?
Most feel 'pretty good' for me. Even tho I had 'a life' and couldn't put in crazy amounts of time.

My bitch's are per usal are, trade. - Plz add a Phone client. It'd be godly and I'd be over the moon and buying more packs again if there was some sort of sane trade.
Chat and Trade from Phone App would soo fix so much issues.

Other one, chayula I black screened every time untill dead, then the client would load/draw.
Sad/Deflated not mad. Ya's done a super job on less 'bs deaths' so keep up the optimation and good work.

Other note. The 10,000 map tiers was a GGGenius idea! More reward for more risk! Let you chip away when tired, or push it hard with a group/when awake-in the mood.
It would have been MUCH better if the 'hand in card sets' was like that, any tier/amount. I would have much prefered to chase bigger/longer sets than say the 11 cards, which pplz cornered the market and were crazy price each. (Sure was farming spots, but then your still missing out on currency for not selling them.)

Overall, much better challanges. Still was in the 'meh' boat by the end tho.
I did end up going, "I got better things to do with my life" and not bother.
"
Docbp87 wrote:
I don't know anyone that vaals jewels for the implicits...

It makes some sense for SSF to do that if one wants 'silence': Vaal best unused jewels. If its a brick => nothing lost. If not some minor (other good implicit) or major (silence, lucky rare) gain.

"
Docbp87 wrote:
Also, corrupting jeweler's boxes is a terrible way to get corrupt-only jewels, if you are specifically trying to get them.

You are right at least for a SSF player. But for SSF it is only true if I want a corrupted unique Viridian. And even then it does not make the challenge efficient. I would still be better off corrupting boxes than corrupting other jewel types.
For a trading player corrupting boxes obviously beats corrupting individual jewels of a "bad" (in terms of expected trading profit) type.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info