Next league, make less grindy/trade enforced challenges.

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
100% agreed.
bought
All 11 of my Artist cards after running like 200 "over grown ruin" and finding zero
The treasure prophecy (2 sets before I found unique strong box)

I usually dont give a crap about challenges though and any i get are by accident. I certainly never focused on them. Had to have dem wings this time.

Good thing is MTX sux next season so I'm back to not caring

My only real goal in this game every season is kill hardest bosses

You picked an exceptionally rare 11 set xD

Chains that Bind drops pretty frequently in Crematoriums.
U MAD?
+1 to this post.

- No more "waste your currency to obtain a challenge based on RNG". One of the challenges i don't have is jewels.

- No more "do 10K maps".

- No more "obtain a unique strongbox, but only one of THESE".

- No more "divination card's challenges, again RNG".

- End grind challenges are ok.
"
Hughs wrote:
+1 to this post.

- No more "waste your currency to obtain a challenge based on RNG". One of the challenges i don't have is jewels.

- No more "do 10K maps".

- No more "obtain a unique strongbox, but only one of THESE".

- No more "divination card's challenges, again RNG".

- End grind challenges are ok.

ACtually 10k maps was okish........ guess some ppl have jobs though (i was on vacation lmao, but didn't even play much.....)
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!

I don't think you should accept that because it's "doable" SSF, that it's OK. That seems to be your opening premise and it's silly.

It is a very bad thing that the challenge leagues are currently balanced around the one percenters with 100's of exalts and the people who do party rotations (even though playing this game with a full party is about as fun as an epileptic seizure..and may cause them).

SSF, you have to do such epic grinds against the RNG that only a handful of players can even get in the 30s and no it is not really OK.

All of the challenges are balanced around party rotations and a corrupt and lopsided economy of people just paying to get things done for them and it really detracts from the fun of the leagues. I'm not sure what the solution is.
"
tincow wrote:

It is a very bad thing that the challenge leagues are currently balanced around the one percenters with 100's of exalts and the people who do party rotations (even though playing this game with a full party is about as fun as an epileptic seizure..and may cause them).

SSF, you have to do such epic grinds against the RNG that only a handful of players can even get in the 30s and no it is not really OK.

All of the challenges are balanced around party rotations and a corrupt and lopsided economy of people just paying to get things done for them and it really detracts from the fun of the leagues. I'm not sure what the solution is.

That's just not true.

There are 11 challenges that are somewhat hard and maybe out of reach for a casual, but dedicated player:

*Get Splinters from Chayula
*Kill Chayula
*identify chayula item
*Open Warband chest
*10.000 map tiers
*open perandus coffers
*create corrupted jewels
*endgame grind
*Nemesis monster sextant mod
*kill Shaper
*11 divination cards

That's 11/40, about 25% of the challenges, not "all of them".
The remaining 29/40 can be done by working on them for a little while, exploring the game, stepping out of your way, farming a bit in specific zones on your way to level 90. Some depend on RNG, but RNG that will happen (like farming a specific zone for a vaal side area).

Now, let's devide those 11 into groups:

*10.000 map tiers
*endgame grind
*kill Shaper
*Kill Chayula
Those 4 are meant for the very dedicated players, people who really sink a lot of time into the game. But:
a) 2 of those, you can simply buy for a couple chaos.
b) is it really wrong to include a couple challenges for the crazy people? I think not.

Then, we have the "waste your currency" challenges...
*open perandus coffers
*create corrupted jewels
*11 divination cards
*Nemesis monster sextant mod
Those can be somewhat forced by blindly throwing currency in their general direction.
I'm not a big fan of those, but they are probably fine.
All you need to do is gather and then waste a lot of currency.

Then, we have the stupid RNG...
*Get Splinters from Chayula
*identify chayula item
*Open Warband chest
Unlike some of the other RNG challenges, those depend on too much luck.
A stupid amount of luck (even though I got all 3 within 6k map tiers, I consider them nonsense).

The real question is:
Does anybody deserve to get 36 or even 40 challenges?
Do you want them handed to you on a silver plate?
Or is it fine to keep a couple challenges crazy or unlikely enough so that only the elitists / no-lifers will get them?

BTW: Not a single one of the challenges requires a party or rotation.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
Last edited by Peterlerock on Feb 26, 2017, 3:51:10 PM
Every league I've seen so far has had a 'find a unique chest' (if not a *specific* unique chest)... since I don't play enough to afford the super expensive end game meta gear I've never seen - not once in two years - a unique strongbox. So I've never been able to complete that challenge.... among the many others I've never completed because of RNG...

double-ghost, treasurer ghost, other stupid RNG based stuff you have 90 days to complete.
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
Every league I've seen so far has had a 'find a unique chest' (if not a *specific* unique chest)... since I don't play enough to afford the super expensive end game meta gear I've never seen - not once in two years - a unique strongbox. So I've never been able to complete that challenge....

How do you connect your quality of gear to the appearance of a unique strongbox?
Even if you wear the most crappiest gear ever, and only play cruel dried lake, you still have the same chance of finding such a chest as a full-mirrored shaper farmer.

"
double-ghost

Put a mid tier "shore" map in your map device (buy one if you cannot make it to tier 8 for whatever reason).
Slowly lower the health of the map boss. A ghost appears. Don't kill the ghost, let it enter the map boss. Slowly lower his health a bit more. A second ghost appears. Don't kill the ghost, let it enter the map boss. Challenge done, whithout any RNG.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
No problem with grindy or "RNG" challenges, but ones that require you to buy useless shit like cards, that are otherwise completely useless are the worst. I'd much rather buy some multi-ex unique and identify it than PM 40 people to buy a single fucking (useless) card.

I got 40/40 in three leagues in a row. This one - I gave up. I couldn't bare the idiocy of corrupting jewels. :2

Losing a Perandus Manor on (fucking forced) a Perandus map was a final blow that made me quit.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Feb 27, 2017, 6:23:23 AM
"
Perq wrote:
No problem with grindy or "RNG" challenges, but ones that require you to buy useless shit like cards, that are otherwise completely useless are the worst. I'd much rather buy some multi-ex unique and identify it than PM 40 people to buy a single fucking (useless) card.

I got 40/40 in three leagues in a row. This one - I gave up. I couldn't bare the idiocy of corrupting jewels. :2

Losing a Perandus Manor on (fucking forced) a Perandus map was a final blow that made me quit.
I don't get it.

You say grindy is fine and then use cards as example of something that you needed to buy?

I mean, how and why?
I've gotten all cards challenge without buying a single card this league. the toughest two (ie once where I had to actually use any extra effort) were 11 and 12. Running some crematorium and vault maps (and I haven't bought a single map either) I fairly easily got them.

in no way shape or form does the card challenge require you to buy anything.
Wasn't so lucky with the cards, even tho I ran these maps. :V
To me it is simply artificially pumping the interest in them, while also making them expensive. Nobody would ever look at them without these challenges, and that is far bigger problem than buying them in the first place. This simply makes the issue visible. :C
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info