[2.6] Blade of Solaris – CwC Blade Vortex, now with 2.6 Shaper video and PoB Code!

You can run it as hybrid or CI but it's not something I'd recommend. Low life simply gains too much damage (pain attunement, vulnerability, herald of ash).
So I’ve been playing this build for a week or two now (been busy with Mass Effect recently :P) and seems to work well. As mentioned, I liquidated all my (10-15ex) of gear and respecced from Ele ST Raider to this BV Pathfinder. Also had about 10ex saved, and after fully gearing up, probably dumped about 20-25ex into my gear (a good chunk, like 5 ex, spent putting %ES on rings and divining all my gear… really shitty divine luck, still only have a 188% shavs)

First I’d like to thank OP for a good build.
I downed Shaper for the first time this league, pretty easily. I probably could have killed him last league on my HoWA ST Raider, but kinda just tried him once (failed) then got bored of the league and quit.

Killed shaper 3 times so far, getting the hang of things – not deathless yet, but generally 2-3 portals gets him down. I seem to primarily die when I run out of flasks (due to running around, avoiding slam, popping them before his transitions etc.) Just not used to a build that doesn’t have 100% uptime leech (like attack/vaal pact builds.)

I did make a few adjustments as a previous poster mentioned.
I dropped the Spell Duration cluster (that path’s through the Evasion) since it felt primarily like a QoL thing and a big investment at that for like, 10+ points? With BV duration on helm and the 1 cluster by Shaper, I was already able to maintain 20 stacks.

With those 10 points, it felt much more efficient picking up 2nd curse and the chaos damage cluster next to it.
This seems to help much more for mapping – which I understand BV is not optimal for doing, but I do occasionally like running a few maps. Using the Wither/CWC setup for mapping is just… bad. It does work, but it’s clunky.

Instead, with 2 curses, simply run Warlord’s mark on Blasphemy and CWDT with Vulnerability.
This way, I get passive leech (both life and mana, the mana is important for my next part…) and Vuln is basically up 100% of the time on bosses/single target stuff anyway, where you really need it (since trash blows up anyway.)

On maps, I switch out Wither / CwC to Spell Echo + Added Chaos.
This feels much smoother, as I can just stop to cast 2-3 times (instantly 6-9 stacks) – pop a quicksilver, and just sprint through like 10 packs.

Previously, I’d literally have to stand still and channel Wither for like… 6-8 seconds just to build up a good 6-7 stacks… and basically have to stand still again to refresh like 7s later.

On a sidenote, I tested the damage of using just 1 Obliteration wand on a T15 Shaped Quay, with 2 sextants, and beyond/bloodline leaguestones… and everyone still exploded as fast as if I was using 2 wands. As such, I was debating the worth of actually using dual wands over a shield.

Having even a mediocre 450ES shield pumps up my ES from like 9300 to 11,500. That’s a good chunk. The added buffer would help against instagibs – IE, I HAVE found rips/near-rips to stuff like big porcupine packs (since not running a cwdt/IT setup) or big volatile packs.

Sorry for the long read, just figured I’d put out my opinions and hope this helps others interested in this build 

(On a side-note, how do you think this compares to say, Fyndel’s BV build? I was considering trying it out since trees are almost the same, but I don’t really like his use of 2 Ming’s hearts and relying on a Flask of Resistance to cap resists… Crit-based seems nice though!)
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Cheers, glad you're having fun with it. Interesting to see people's variations on the theme.

If you'd like to see my solution for a self-cast version, you can look at "StairMaster" on my character profile. WIP, but you'll get the general idea. I don't care for swapping gems at all, so my preference is always for something that works universally without much fiddling. Waiting on a level 3 enlighten, but eventually max level clarity is run off mana.

Again, personally speaking, I'd much rather grab leech % on boots than go up toward the curse cluster to gain Warlord's. The only instance where I found myself routinely strapped for flask charges was Chimera, during add and cloud phases.

If your auras and flasks are set up correctly, you'll find that Elemental Focus will yield more damage than added chaos as well. At least for Solaris, which is where we really kill about the min-max.

RE: Fyndel's BV build – I'm hesitant to comment on builds I've not played, but the prospect of dropping +20% ES rings for -10% rings makes me shudder involuntarily.
Last edited by kechari on Mar 31, 2017, 4:11:14 AM
Last edited by justasaint on Apr 5, 2017, 1:17:22 PM
hey @kechari, ty for build. few question here.

i dont familiar with RF, as i understood, u use RF only on hight end bosses, right? just turn on it before fight start.

next q

any sense to get rings with %chaos dmg or opal rings for ele dmg?

ty ty
Yes, RF is mostly just for end game bosses.

% Chaos and Opal rings are of course good, but both come at the expense of resists. Very much down to your individual gear to see if you can swing it.
Last edited by kechari on Apr 6, 2017, 9:14:34 PM
Last edited by almazn2015 on Apr 8, 2017, 1:19:51 AM
guys, what about reflect map? phys/ele ? painfull or runable?
Both should be fine provided you're adept at keeping your flasks up.
i have problems with my BV stacks any idea? BTW mapping with this problem sux ...
Last edited by Fedega on Apr 9, 2017, 2:40:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info