Development Manifesto: Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

Um... good
M-M-MaMa Mia
"
unlucky_child wrote:
Now almost every new league = core league.
New items/gems = OP so ppl would play it, then nerf.

I know why you add breach to the core league. Simply because you had so much work and theres so much contanin, but think twice.

Zana mod is fine for me.

Before the last two leagues, people were actually complaining that GGG weren't adding temp league mechanics into the core game anymore (cos, you know, they hadn't for several leagues in a row). Now they've started adding em' again and folks complain about that. You can't please everyone, I suppose.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:

I know why you add breach to the core league. Simply because you had so much work and theres so much contanin, but think twice.

Zana mod is fine for me.

Before the last two leagues, people were actually complaining that GGG weren't adding temp league mechanics into the core game anymore (cos, you know, they hadn't for several leagues in a row). Now they've started adding em' again and folks complain about that. You can't please everyone, I suppose.

Its ok, but not good in the long term for the game. League specific items would lose its values. This is a grinding game, so items losing its values = very bad for the economy/game. Adding that as zana mod is the best solution
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
There were damn good reasons why perandus was denied a core game appearance. It not only completely broke the economy but also introduced heavy lag issues for everyone. Now we have the exact same deal and it gets added which is very weird to me.

Its also funny to see how they are apparently doing it based on a forum feedback but when the forum feedback doesn't suit them(the lab case) they shrug it off and say its only a vocal minority and the people who play the game clearly enjoy it(forget that its a friggin mandatory content that needs to be completed on every new character).

So yea I am very displeased with this and might reconsider keeping up with the game. There are other better things to do.
"
unlucky_child wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
unlucky_child wrote:

Zana mod is fine for me.

Its ok, but not good in the long term for the game. League specific items would lose its values. This is a grinding game, so items losing its values = very bad for the economy/game. Adding that as zana mod is the best solution

Protecting the league-specific item economy is a terrible reason not to add a league into the game. That's like expecting the real-world govt. to shape laws in order to protect a private (not even public, but private!) monopoly. The value of those items ought to be determined by market forces, not by gating them behind when you started playing the game or the zana contest. I've been here for 3.5 years and have some legacy items and yet I'd still be glad to one day see the announcement of league-specific uniques being made generally droppable again (even with a nerf, if needed). I play temp leagues for their league mechanics, not the chance to make a cash-grab for Standard.
Last edited by Exile009 on Feb 12, 2017, 9:55:47 PM

Dude, if you add too much of league specific game mechanics/areas into the game, when the new league is out, ppl wont enjoy that new league. Old league should be in SD as zana mod.
24.1.2018 [quote="Dro28"]wheres my fragment tab?[/quote]

(I thought that was a joke)

25.1.2018: GGG- Introducing the Fragment Stash Tab!
"
Samadhi1989 wrote:
best leauge until now. only iq 85 ***voters dont like breach

I disagree. If you're a performance bound player it is very easy to die in breaches. It's like literally slow motion death, constant flasking, and praying to god you're hitting something for leech. That being said, if I wasn't performance bound, I would actually like breaches a lot more. I do kind of like them for recipes/splinters but with my performance bottleneck, it's very difficult to pull off if you're lagging while being surrounded by monsters.

As for mechanics being added,that's pretty good. I liked the essence leagues a lot. Great items/no performance issues. If I died, it's because I screwed up, not my computer ...
Last edited by Slicer9875 on Feb 12, 2017, 10:12:43 PM
Great! I love adding additional challenging content to the game that is COMPLETELY AVOIDABLE if you don't like it or if your build and / or computer cannot handle it.

There is no downside as long as it is AVOIDABLE.

Consequently, the corridor breaches need to not be a thing any more, or make it so it takes three touches to activate a breach like the essence mobs.

Also can we eliminate or fix ground effects! Geezz luizz!

One more thing, can we change how the timers work in breach domains?? Please??
Sometimes you can lose a Chaylula breach on just RNG! Crazy!
I know breaches are good

But why the mobs from breach can go outside the breach in invisible form and keep attacking me?

So I think there is no need for us to 'open' a breach or something,just let them spamming around the map like bloodline things.I think it is acceptable for someone who killed by performance lagging

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info