Development Manifesto: Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

The next league will be called Apocalypse League and it'll have every prior league mod, making them more or less common based on some weird factor.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
nice
best leauge until now. only iq 85 ***voters dont like breach
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
please no

tfw u've never played it : )
TOILETTE  BRUSH  BOYS

@Etti
Perandus > Breach
"
7thFullMoon wrote:
please no

I'm with you. This insistence by GGG to have monsters rushing you (Perandus/Breach are two that i've played) just cause game failure followed by toon death followed by the screen finally updating.

With the death costing 10% XP but the reward way less (what value <1% ??? unknown really)

It's like boss fights, you know you only get less than 1% XP cause you wait to ding to the level before taking on the fight and it's only one death to get to exactly 0.

Now some might say "Don't Die". Why? Why do i have to build a toon that's cookie cutter perfect. Why can't i make one that's fun ? Why can't i make one that's a glass cannon and still progress ?

X
People who say no: just don't activate the breach? It's opt-in content, like skipping a strongbox you can skip the hand.

I'm very happy to see breach added as a core game mechanic. Standard needs more league content more often.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Nice I for one would like this to be adopted to main game however, PLZ fix bugs first before implementing it.

Also may I suggest fixing the damn timer in Uul-Netol's domain,

Possible a slight % increase to Chayula breach's maybe .5-1% increase?

Those are my main concerns really, The rest is just nit picken

In game idk maybe make it a Zana Map mod?
Last edited by RivalOfGod on Feb 12, 2017, 6:44:10 PM
oh god, really didn't want this one to stay, really sucks for my greedy leveling xD
Well, that sounds like an outright terrible idea. I'll be the first to admit that I just personally hated Breach, but there are far too many issues with it to keep it in the game.
Even considering keeping it while there's still the issue of being murdered by invisible monsters that you can't interact with (even though it's of course intended that you're within the Breach for its duration) is patently absurd. This should have never been a thing to begin with, but definitely needs to be solved before making it part of the core game. It's the kind of thing no-one should ever, say, lose a hardcore character to. But it's there.
Then there's the issue of performance during the absolute cluster that is a Breach, the part where it's completely degenerate towards any build that isn't focused on clear speed, and so on.
Last edited by Velari on Feb 12, 2017, 5:37:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info