Development Manifesto: Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

lol people complaining abut an entirely skippable part of the game.

I think breaches are pretty cool. As long as you are geared for them and have some good dps and mivement skills you can generally fight through them and get some sweet xp and occasionally some nice loot.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
"

I think breaches are pretty cool. As long as you are geared for them and have some good dps and mivement skills you can generally fight through them and get some sweet xp and occasionally some nice loot.

As long your screen doesn't freeze for 2seconds, ofc, you could do breaches
Yeah great news, i love breach mecanics !! :)
"
Ora9 wrote:
But that's not a bug, that's part of the mechanic, as I understood the Breach descriptions. You might dislike it and ask GGG to change that, of course - I just don't think it's a bug.

Yes, it's not a bug, But it's broken mechanic how breach monsters are spawned and "rendered" by passing visual breach frontier.

"

Part of the game that many people WANT TO SKIP - it's worst part in my opinion.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
I enjoyed breach, so I am happy to see it added as a core mechanic—so long as the placement of a breach never makes it mandatory. I have yet to encounter a breach that couldn't be avoided by taking a slightly different path, but I have read posts in this thread that mention some have been forced to break a breach just to progress deeper.

Anything that has the potential to bring a lower quality computer to a crawl, or anything that can kill a player who is off-screen, should not be unavoidable. Invisible monsters from a breach should also really be addressed—it's one thing to be killed near a breach, and another to be killed when a breach is open but no longer on-screen.
Last edited by Hereticide on Feb 14, 2017, 3:24:12 PM
Loved breach as i loved every boost to endgame monsterdensity.. and since its completly skippeble noone should realy have a problem with it in my opinion.
Hey! I don't normally post on the forums (like most players), but after reading this thread I felt like I had to post.

I played a fair bit this hardcore league, and really enjoyed it. Not once did I hear someone say they didn't like the league. Throughout the league, from conversations with people in my friends-list, guild, random parties, global chat etc - the general feeling I got is that everyone thought it was a solid league.

I'm not sure why there is so much hate and negativity in this thread, but I can say for sure that it absolutely does NOT reflect the feelings of active hardcore players.

It's a very sad thing to see, that a small group of extremely negative people can shout so loud, that any onlookers would think that's how the whole community feels. BUT IT ISN'T!!

My only complaint would be performance issues, but hey, that's nothing new or surprising.

Thanks GGG, keep up the good work, am looking forward to future leagues! :)
"
Anooose wrote:
Hey! I don't normally post on the forums (like most players), but after reading this thread I felt like I had to post.

I played a fair bit this hardcore league, and really enjoyed it. Not once did I hear someone say they didn't like the league. Throughout the league, from conversations with people in my friends-list, guild, random parties, global chat etc - the general feeling I got is that everyone thought it was a solid league.

I'm not sure why there is so much hate and negativity in this thread, but I can say for sure that it absolutely does NOT reflect the feelings of active hardcore players.

It's a very sad thing to see, that a small group of extremely negative people can shout so loud, that any onlookers would think that's how the whole community feels. BUT IT ISN'T!!

My only complaint would be performance issues, but hey, that's nothing new or surprising.

Thanks GGG, keep up the good work, am looking forward to future leagues! :)

^ word
from my friend list NOBODY said it was bad, in fact most of them think it was the best league (or one of)
sad to see here posts like "it was bad league because im bad and dont want to open breach and die" etc
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
Last edited by HQuality on Feb 15, 2017, 1:46:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info