Breach As a Core Game Mechanic

私は初期リーグからプレイしているが

どんどん簡単になって面白みに欠ける

それに気が付かないGGGや、今後のPoEのことを思うと私は悲しい

Q_Q
I would like it if the breaches are still everywhere, normal world and maps, but rarer, like you did with essences.

And thanks for your great work!
Love it. Breach is by far my favorite league.
Yes.... Destroy the game! If we will not have instant life leech we can say good bye to endgame content... But as i see people are happy with all nerfing and destroy builds...
Well, this sounds great :). Let's hope all major builds will be viable to do the breaches when they come out to main league in 3.0.0
Awaklin - Awake, Living and Loving
"
kizzderose wrote:
I would like it if the breaches are still everywhere, normal world and maps, but rarer, like you did with essences.

And thanks for your great work!

Absolutely agree here.

And TBH, that's what I've been suspecting all along because of the "Area contains Breaches" note in the automap. If every (combat) area in the Breach league can contain them, and there won't be any breaches outside of it, the note seems unnecessary, right? Breach players know that there will be breaches lying around. It only makes sense for when there *might* be breaches.
before implementing breaches into your core game it would be wise to test game performance by yourself on a system that is not actually a 10k $ pc. As far as I know POE is not in alpha/beta status anymore but game performance in breach league was pretty bad (if you need proof: watch kripparrian's twitch vods from december/january you pretty much get the impression that he is playing some early access version (shadows disabled/AA off/ even though playing in a group of only 2 players)
ALLOCATING SPACE
"
Hermike wrote:
Yes.... Destroy the game! If we will not have instant life leech we can say good bye to endgame content... But as i see people are happy with all nerfing and destroy builds...

It won't destroy the endgame. It will definitely be a major blow to most every current meta in the game but people will still be able to do it. GGG has repeatedly switched up endgame content/builds with nerfs/changes to gems and the tree so this change should come as no surprise. Also, Righteous Fire will likely make a huge comeback because of this. The RF gear has been extremely cheap since perandus league and with changes to ES meta + instant leech it will push a lot of players back into the -no brainer- RF build. We don't know what changes will be made yet so we can't look at it as nothing but a nerf. They could add passive regen to es/life or nodes that grant regen to ES which would keep players from being forced into ZO/Occultist. It's too early to say that the endgame will be impossible. All we do know is that the meta is going to change, which isn't entirely a bad thing.
@Hermike

And again another angry person that does not consider the fact that GGG can (and did do so in the past) rebalance the endgame accordingly to other changes made (e.g. to ES, Vaal Pact, Flasks, Double Dipping). Guardians + Shaper might get lower spike damage and less life for example, so you don´t have to rely on high ES + insta leech and double dipping.

I hope GGG won´t be too careful and scared with the balance and mechanic changes. I really hope for a new gameplay feeling and a new meta. Which by the way always happens from time to time in PoE and is a good thing, but certain people are always outraged all the time.
There was hate when ll sparker got nerfed, hate when aura reservations changed, hate when snapshotting got removed, the list goes on forever.
Last edited by TheManWhoLaughs on Feb 14, 2017, 3:57:34 PM
As a fairly new player in PoE I am quite happy that there is new content AND also some nerfs,
when needed, to me that keeps a game interesting. In a lot of videos you can hear people saying
that the game has become "to easy".
I left D3 because this "META stuff" killed it all for me.

Now, if there is a balancing regarding ES, which is compared to life builds
probably also really necessary to avoid that ES is the only way to go, then this is fine with me.
(Else that would bevery close to the D3 problematic)

Without meaning any bad, I noticed that there is a little twist in the community regarding how and where the game goes.
Players who play 10hrs a day will have obviously a different view of the game then players who play 10hrs a week.
Would you think that this could be the case?

As for now it has become a lot of fun for me and I rather would see some of the technical aspects of the core engine.
Also I am hoping that the Xbox version development doesn't make a "Donky King" of this game.
Keep it coming!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info