2.5.2d Redeploy

Still have the missing UI bug here.
"
Switch to Fullscreen mode, Windowed Fullscreen mode hurts FPS. If you use some AHK scripts which require Windowed mode you can use ALT+Enter to switch between Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen.

Oh yes... fullscreen mode for 5 more fps is like suggesting to stop pissing in the sea to no longer pollute while we know that the pollution come from elsewhere, honestly ...

I have a gaming ring, and i'm running the game, in minimum setting, Dx9 ( While every game i quoted for my fps test are Dx11), without shadows... man 40 fps this is trash honestly, windowed or fullscreen, dosent matter that's not supposed to happend

Ps: don't take it personally tho, i don't have anything against your advice, just telling you the problem is elswehere
Last edited by Criitik on Feb 9, 2017, 12:11:20 PM
"
Criitik wrote:
"
Switch to Fullscreen mode, Windowed Fullscreen mode hurts FPS. If you use some AHK scripts which require Windowed mode you can use ALT+Enter to switch between Windowed Fullscreen and Fullscreen.

Oh yes... fullscreen mode for 5 more fps is like suggesting to stop pissing in the sea to no longer pollute while we know that the pollution come from elsewhere, honestly ...

I have a gaming ring, and i'm running the game, in minimum setting, Dx9 ( While every game i quoted for my fps test are Dx11), without shadows... man 40 fps this is trash honestly, windowed or fullscreen, dosent matter that's not supposed to happend

Ps: don't take it personally tho, i don't have anything against your advice, just telling you the problem is elswehere

No worries. I know what you mean. Somewhere around 2.5.2 patches GGG fucked the performance up badly.

On my old pc (phenom 2 1090t 6x3,2ghz, nvidia gt 740, ssd, 8gb ram, win7, dx9ex client with vsync enabled, everything on low or disabled) i've noticed a huge difference between fullscreen and windows fullscreen. Thats why i suggested it. Somewhere around 2.5.2x patches it got a lot worse for me with this setup, even fullscreen. Yes those patches "should not" affect dx9 users but ... they do.

Got myself a new pc like a week ago (i5-7600, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 1060, ssd, win10, poe with dx11beta) even with this setup it's funky from time to time. FPS going from 250-300 down to 130-80. Sometimes it just stutters for seconds with ~3-5fps.

If you have the chance try Win 8 or Win 10 on your gaming rig [disclaimer: i'm not a fan of win8/10] they support Directx 11.1 (windows 7 does not). Concerned about your privacy on windows 10? Install https://modzero.github.io/fix-windows-privacy/.
Dx 11 after 2.5.2D redeploy.

Windowed fullscreen - strange fps drops, vsync problems, crashes (from regular crashes to "out of nowhere, without any reasons power button flip - like"), graphical errors... Maybe windowed fullscreen was the case of my previous dx9 problems (started since perandus).

Fullscreen - really smooth, comparable to dx9. In some cases it outperforms dx9 with disabled shadows in terms of overall look and feel. But trying to alt tab to another window causes the game to fallback to regular windowed mode.
"
loardpcm wrote:
"
Criitik wrote:
"

No worries. I know what you mean. Somewhere around 2.5.2 patches GGG fucked the performance up badly.

On my old pc (phenom 2 1090t 6x3,2ghz, nvidia gt 740, ssd, 8gb ram, win7, dx9ex client with vsync enabled, everything on low or disabled) i've noticed a huge difference between fullscreen and windows fullscreen. Thats why i suggested it. Somewhere around 2.5.2x patches it got a lot worse for me with this setup, even fullscreen. Yes those patches "should not" affect dx9 users but ... they do.

Got myself a new pc like a week ago (i5-7600, 16gb ram, nvidia gtx 1060, ssd, win10, poe with dx11beta) even with this setup it's funky from time to time. FPS going from 250-300 down to 130-80. Sometimes it just stutters for seconds with ~3-5fps.

If you have the chance try Win 8 or Win 10 on your gaming rig [disclaimer: i'm not a fan of win8/10] they support Directx 11.1 (windows 7 does not). Concerned about your privacy on windows 10? Install https://modzero.github.io/fix-windows-privacy/.

I guess i will try Windows 10 one day ... also for Dx12 games :/ even if i neither like it ...
Hi, on 500 Mbit broadband with 40 ms latency server it gets very big latency spikes and the game stutters, it is as of now unplayable. tried dx9, dx9ex dx11 beta, windowed, fullscreen, no loot filter, nothing helps, (win 10) pls fix
Last edited by Djrommy on Feb 10, 2017, 3:06:52 PM
IF you guys use Windows 10, remove the Xbox app (via powershell.) REBOOT IMMEDIATELY.

Running any game after you get rid of it will silently reinstall the app, reintroducing your issues.
Last edited by bvanharjr on Feb 14, 2017, 3:05:41 AM
I am just waiting the new patch, hoping for a performance improvement, so i could actually playing hardcore in the lag breach league
only want know server time
"
ScrappyBoss wrote:
"

Thanks for the redeploy!

Everything's smooth here w/ DX9Ex.

Really?
I was running a map and during a Vagan mission I froze and crashed. (Around 8:10pm, Qarl posted at 8:08pm)
Right afterwards, I tried to restart PoE and had to wait due to a patch (this redeployment) and once I loaded the game up (Running DX9Ex) I had to wait at least 20 seconds between the area/map changes. The moment I "loaded" back into my Strand map, my screen completely froze and I waited 2 minutes before I locked my screen and alt-tabbed back into PoE, where I was told I was disconnected (obviously).

Now I switched to DX11 Beta and while I don't have the waiting time inbetween area changes, my movement feels much slower (graphics could be argued to look better but I can live with lower graphics as long as I can enjoy the game. I can't really enjoy if I die due to my screen lagging).

I don't know if anyone knows a fix for this or if I'm just now screwed and hoping that once I log back in 2-3 hours, the issue is relatively better.

I hope the majority of players in Wraeclast is having a more favorable outcome with this redeployment!

First you need to check if your graphic card drivers are updated to the latest version. If you have an AMD card this is very important!

Second, when you change from one DX version to another you need to check the graphic settings because they can change to the highest quality and if your graphics card dont handle high settings, this can cause performance problems. Press F1 and check your FPS during gameplay, it should be at least 35-45 FPS. If not, try lowering down the graphic settings.

The feature "Post Processing" can cause problems sometimes, like black screen or levels and textures not loading correctly, you can just disable it if needed.

If you have internet problems you should check if you are using the right server (low ping)
You can change your networking mode to Predictive on settings > UI and see if it gets better.

Again, press F1 and check latency (ms)

I hope this helps. GL!

Last edited by CrisFenix on Feb 14, 2017, 1:53:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info