2.5.2d Redeploy

You pushed a release that wasn't meant to be used by the game client. I still have the UI disappearing issue.
Knocked me out of the server and lost the heavily modded tier 15 map I was in.... Thanks for the warning.

Oh, and also PoE had to update 12.4 mb in Steam before I could log back in.
"
gubaguy wrote:
When i attempt to load POE through steam it asks to download a 12GB patch that it didnt ask for yesterday.

http://imgur.com/aPPrzaq

steam handles the resource file differently. while the standalone version can patch individual files into the resource file, steam has to download the changed chunks of the zipfile which can be quite huge.

if you're short on bandwidth i recommend mailing ggg suport and switch to the standaloe version.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
it doesnt update,stuck at 0.00%
IGN-BeautifulMiledi or OnlyUseCold
"
vio wrote:
"
gubaguy wrote:
When i attempt to load POE through steam it asks to download a 12GB patch that it didnt ask for yesterday.

http://imgur.com/aPPrzaq

steam handles the resource file differently. while the standalone version can patch individual files into the resource file, steam has to download the changed chunks of the zipfile which can be quite huge.

if you're short on bandwidth i recommend mailing ggg suport and switch to the standaloe version.

thats stupid... Will steam automatically remove the excess files once its done patchign at least, so i dont jsut have 13 GB of space wasted, or woudl i jsut be better off redownloading the entire game from scratch through steam?
After those 2 patches i started to see black screen of death after couple of minutes in POE.
I am getting better DX 9Ex performance, up to 300fps when before it was around 200fps. Of course this is with the usual spikes dropping to 30fps and below.

DX 11 is the same as before, as in half the FPS of DX 9Ex at around 150fps with the same spikes.

"
gubaguy wrote:
Will steam automatically remove the excess files once its done patchign at least, so i dont jsut have 13 GB of space wasted, or woudl i jsut be better off redownloading the entire game from scratch through steam?

steam updates the resource file to the same state as ggg released it. so there is no fragmentation and no additional excess files. the folder is probably due to steam keeping a copy of the file if i remember right.

redownloading the game on steam will not reduce the file size.

---

there is only a defragmenter for the standalone version's resource file and you can also reduce the file size by re-downloading the resource file using this poe version.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
GGG could you guys not roll this patch out until the end of the league?
I am having such bad frame drops and lags even in my hideout that I cannot possibly play.
It was fine literally yesterday and when I got on today I was getting impossibly bad performance.

I know my rig is bad :

Intel Core i5 (3rd Gen) 3210M / 2.5 GHz
DDR3 SDRAM 6GB
7200 rpm HDD
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M
DX9
Steam

but isn't this patch supposed to help people like me? This patch and the one you rolled back before is having the opposite of the desired effect.

I am very close to 36 and if you give me 2 weeks I can make it there. So please please please roll this patch back until the next league.
Last edited by Higgly on Feb 8, 2017, 7:59:47 AM
Intel Core i5 5600K 4,4GHZ
Asus Strix GTX 1060 oc 6Gb
32Gb DDR4 Ram

In Low settings, Dx9ex-Dx11 in the toown i have 240-270 fps, go in hideout, i have 90-110 fps. ohh its nice, i craft a map, burning ground in a map, and i have 18-40 fps... What??? go a chilled ground map and sea witches, beyond. and i have 0-10 fps.. lol WTFFF Go GTA5 Play in Ultra and i have 80 fps, Watta...
Last edited by HermonDroid on Feb 8, 2017, 8:50:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info