Predict 3.0, win a Mirror of Kalandra

"
elwindakos wrote:
the question is:Will that "game-changing" mechanic that was mentioned on the podcast will be announced on the 14th with 3.0?

chris respond is:
Yes, and to be specific, it relates to the Cruel stuff.

He is specific about it.If it relates to cruel then you cant make assumptions and assertions of inventory space...

Hell if I know what he means by that, I mean, how can it be related to the 'Cruel stuff' if we know the playthrough is getting removed.

Hmm, they said in the manifesto that the game is having '10 total acts', might be because haven't exactly said anywhere that 'cruel is getting removed'. Maybe what he refers to is some system that will solve the problem of skill points and bandit quests from cruel, maybe something that will detach sidequests from the main game, or some new way to earn extra skill points instead of sidequests.

Maybe something similar to devotion system in GD, all we needed was yet another skill tree :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Feb 6, 2017, 7:37:21 AM
Monsters will get new ability's as you go up in difficulty's!

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
elwindakos wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
elwindakos wrote:
But again,how is it releated to Cruel difficulty??

It isn't, we already know what will happen to it, I think Chris was talking about something else.

the question is:Will that "game-changing" mechanic that was mentioned on the podcast will be announced on the 14th with 3.0?

chris respond is:
Yes, and to be specific, it relates to the Cruel stuff.

If this new mechanic is "related" to Cruel, then my hypo-meter just dropped hard. The initial claim war genere-changing (...a problem that no other ARPG managed to solve), not just game changing. It was obvious that they would need to drop one difficulty at some point, with the implied changes (redistributing Asc/bandit points).

Now I'm more convinced it will be just another: "Atlas will completely change endgame as you knew it". Nothing radical, just some admin work & polishing.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 6, 2017, 8:32:06 AM
"There's a thing we're doing next year, that we think is kind of new, like when we've described this to a couple of people they've said, "No other game would try to do that", and I'm keeping this incredibly vague, like I can't say anything else, because that's for a later announcement. But it is pretty wacky, and I think it will help solve a problem, in Action RPGs that our game has, that other games have not solved well." - Chris W. - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hjh_2uIHirM

for inspiration^^
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
"No other game would try to do that..."

Scary words. One of PoE's main draw was the feeling it gave us like we were playing D2 again. We'll see.
I predict nerfs and lots of them also i predict there will be new unique items and new gems and new supporter gems.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
satanttin wrote:
I predict nerfs and lots of them also i predict there will be new unique items and new gems and new supporter gems.

We have a winner here boys
Bye bye desync!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Scary words. One of PoE's main draw was the feeling it gave us like we were playing D2 again. We'll see.

It is as scary as changing your endgame.Atlas was a risk also,but well received in the end.
Bye bye desync!
1.TRADE IMPROVEMENTS (maybe a new trading system)
2.FISHING (!!!)
3.ONE LESS DIFFICULTY TO RUN THROUGH
4.SMALL BUFFS TO LIFE-BASED BUILDS AND MELEE
5.SMALL NERFS TO ES-BASED BUILDS (maybe they nerf Vaal-Pact with es)
6.NEW END-GAME CONTENT(BOSSES MONSTERS ETC), NEW UNIQUES, (maybe a new type of currency) (fishes ftw!!)
7.SEVERAL VISUAL AUDIO AND STABILITY IMPROVEMENTS (MORE LAG ON SERVERS...:p)
8.NEW MAPS (THEMED FROM ACT 5 AREAS)
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Gotta say I'm dreading it a bit too.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info