Predict 3.0, win a Mirror of Kalandra

For the OP:

One of the issues I've had in every ARPG i've ever played is that gear does not continue to grow at end-game content. Enchantments and elements like that introduced by GGG, was a method to create a version of end game gear growth. Those enchantments have easily now become "part of a build" as opposed to an end game "growth goal" of a build.

I believe GGG will introduce some method of upgrading rare/unique gear in the end game that grows with the player. This will allow players that are "fully geared" for T15 maps to transition into T16/T17 over time.

Gear that can progressively grow, instead of having to be replaced for better items is my guess for the 3.0 change.
some people call out stuff that are poe-only problems or less a problem than a concept.

the leveling process will change from 3x4 to 2x5 acts but that you are underleveled to zones and overleveled after a bit more grind is no problem, its how this kind of game works.

also that not all kind of loot you get ist what you need or want.

i would look more into trade and other quality of life features in-game.

i mean, the compared step from singel use flasks to craftable permanent flasks isnt that kind of a big step.

hmm scrolls could go a similar way, but we have allready the portal gem but item-identification? there could be something like a stone of wisdome or a big book for all the stuff we allready know with a char. or a attribute based system like in baldurs gate. :D
(no more spooky stuff for forest gump marauder!)
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
If it has to relate to Cruel difficulty (I'm not sold on that, could be misdirection):

There is no Normal!
There is no Cruel!
There is no Merciless!

Now there is a new "Insanity" mechanic that imposes increasing resistance penalties as you progress through the 5 acts 2 times (this may begin after starting act 1 over again, or earlier to create an easier curve in resistances) ending with resistance penalties just under Merciless values.

The "Insanity" mechanic could have other effects, perhaps reducing rewards for doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (could be one way to combat bots, but give real players a way to see when it would impact them and they should go do something else). It could increase the chances of running into random encounters (exiles, invasion bosses, beyond, breaches, etc), especially in higher tiers of maps.

Spoiler

Chris at one time said that "Insanity" already exists in the game, and it could coincide with the resistance penalties through the acts. I've read the reddit thing about the strange messages people receive... might as well be part of that :)

There could be more gear that increases or decreases insanity! (or changes insanity in some ways)

There is no "Merciless" difficulty. Instead, only maps have the increased "merciless" penalties to resistances.
Maps now have exit portals after you defeat the boss that lead to their connecting maps on the Atlas map. Each map you enter retains the same map mods as originally rolled to open the first map. (when anyone in any party uses an exit portal, all portals to other connecting maps disappear, so the party has to go to the same map, continuing together or not at all - perhaps only the party leader can choose which map to continue to, instead)

Quest rewards may be adjusted for skill points - most likely one difficulty's skill points are all moved to the Act 5 quests. This is a temporary solution, since the introduction of new acts and the eventual removal of difficulties will always necessitate changing these rewards around. I'd try to come up with something more permanent.

Spoiler
Bandit leaders may appear in maps like Forsaken Masters until you've met and killed/helped 3 of them.
Craziness may ensue of the Warbands league is re-introduced to the Map system only, since they can then be tracked on the Atlas. The Bandits could be fighting the Warbands, so the "Map Bandits" requiring help could work like Forsaken Masters with quests to hunt the Warbands.

Spoiler
Labyrinth adjustment: Normal gives 3 points, Cruel gives 3 points, Uber gives 2 points.
(If you skip a labyrinth, the higher labyrinths will give you the "cumulative" points you should have earned from prior labyrinths. (Skip normal, get 6pts from cruel; if you skip both normal and cruel, and just do Uber, get all 8 points in one go; if you do normal (get 3pts), skip cruel, do uber, get 5pts from uber)

"
Zaludoz wrote:

Now there is a new "Insanity" mechanic that imposes increasing resistance penalties as you progress through the 5 acts 2 times (this may begin after starting act 1 over again, or earlier to create an easier curve in resistances) ending with resistance penalties just under Merciless values.

The "Insanity" mechanic could have other effects, perhaps reducing rewards for doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results (could be one way to combat bots, but give real players a way to see when it would impact them and they should go do something else). It could increase the chances of running into random encounters (exiles, invasion bosses, beyond, breaches, etc), especially in higher tiers of maps.

"Innsbury Edge is a unique Elder Sword. It has the hidden affix of "Insanity", which has a wide variety of (purely cosmetic) effects. For example posting cryptic, sometimes nonsensical chat notices or randomly playing death or level-up animations." -http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Innsbury_Edge

best wishes!
"
kobrakhan wrote:
"
Zaludoz wrote:

"Innsbury Edge is a unique Elder Sword. It has the hidden affix of "Insanity", which has a wide variety of (purely cosmetic) effects. For example posting cryptic, sometimes nonsensical chat notices or randomly playing death or level-up animations." -http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Innsbury_Edge

best wishes!

Yeah, I refer to that in one of my spoilers :)
Insanity is a cosmetic effect of the Innsbury Edge unique sword.
not more or less.

best wishes,
Going by the following

1) Relates to removal of Cruel
2) Addresses a problem in all ARPGs
3) Has never been done before

And since people have already taken the good ideas...

Character XP is completely removed. Levels are awarded only by completing quests. End game levels are gained by completing all maps in a given tier.
Enhanced dynamic difficulty scaling.

Other ARPGs scale enemies directly and linearly with character level. Instead, GGG will scale enemies based on the speed that players progress through a zone. This will be constrained by a maximum and a minimum adjustment.

Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Smart Loot mechanic...???

That's my casual/noob guess.
"
Ceri wrote:
I believe that the big thing that nobody ever got right will be..

..content that scales to your abilities.

Let's face it: the one thing that no game has ever done right is some way to keep ALL content relevant. We whizz through the leveling game and get into low-level mapping, and it's all easy and pretty much faceroll. Sooner rather than later we end up running the same few maps & endgame bosses over, and over, and over again. All other games pretty much have the same problem - you eventually end up grinding the same thing ad nauseaum because it's either the most efficient or the most rewarding content to run. It makes the game much smaller than it needs to be.

I think a system wherein difficulty and rewards go hand in hand, and is able to scale effortlessly up and down is what they're looking at.

I'm not saying this is necessarily a good idea, but I think it's the way they're moving ahead. Either way, I'm excited to see what it is. :)

Grim Dawn is kinda doing that and focuses more on it when patch 1.0.0.8 arrives.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info