Predict 3.0, win a Mirror of Kalandra

On february 14th a new "mechanic" will be revealed along with the general information on PoE 3.0. It is supposed to be something brand new that adresses a common problem of ARPGs in a unique fashion. I will give a
to the one who provides the best guess what this "mechanic" is.

Rules: the contest will end when 3.0 is revealed (either on febraury 14th or earlier if something is leaked). I reserve the right to exclude anyone from the contest who might have inside information. Multiple submissions are OK. I will choose the most specific proposal that fits the revealed "mechanic". If there is a tie, the earliest submission (considering the edit time of the post if it is edited) wins.

DO NOT SEND ME A PM OR WHISPER ME IN GAME. I will remove you from the list of potential candidates if you do.

Happy guessing.

EDIT: Great ideas - I wish GGG would take note and implement several of those! Please have a look at:https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5s8lk4/will_that_gamechanging_mechanic_that_was/ for details (thanks lagwin) that we know, so far.

UPDATE: Unless something unforseen happens I will stop accepting new submissions on Monday, 13th of February at 8am CET. This should provide plenty of time buffer before the announcement is made.

IMPORTANT: The submission is now CLOSED. Please do not edit your posts - this will invalidate your submission.

Let's wait for the announcement!

Preliminary result: I did go through all the pages in the thread to see who came closest. Dark_Chicken was the first to suggest that all difficulties would be removed: "Remove difficulties, having only to do the entire story once and zone level scaling.". I have not managed to find a post that got closer to what was actually announced (specifically adding a lot of new acts). Just in case that I overlooked something I will wait for another 24 hours before handing over the mirror. Please post in this thread if you feel that I overlooked something.

Final result: Thank you all for participating, it was a lot of fun. I have decided to give the Mirror to Dark_Chicken. There have been several submissions that deserved a mirror but at this time I really want to part only with one ;).

Last edited by Faendris on Feb 16, 2017, 3:19:17 AM
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 12:53:03 AM
PoE 3.0 is supposed to be something brand new that adressess a common problem of ARPGs in a unique fashion.

1. GGG release a Unique that makes Life Great Again.
Most ARPGs have issues with the loot system, but sadly that is not the only problem.

Maybe has something to do with single targeting system......

or maybe improving melee (the actual melee) in some way.

I will go with the loot system, single target, and melee having to be related with the "new" mechanic.

Edit: I am surprised you are giving away the mirror, that is an extremely rare currency that I never seen it drop before. It is very generous of you to make this prize giveaway.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Feb 5, 2017, 5:06:55 PM
Who said it was a mechanic?

Since the quote was something like they think they have found a fix for a long standing problem with games of the type i would have guessed that it was maybe something to do with ranged over melee
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
A better and more up to date trade system.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
Problem: Certain areas get over used for certain tasks... like leveling up in Dried Lake or running Pindleskin.

Solution: Areas will be dynamically given a bonus/malus to MF and experience based on players choices. Going to a less frequented area will result in greater rewards, while going through the areas that everyone's doing will be penalized.
"
PoE 3.0 is supposed to be something brand new that adressess a common problem of ARPGs in a unique fashion.

1. GGG release a Unique that makes Life Great Again.

The already have one...just needs the nerf reverted, not that it makes life great since it's gated behind RNG and was quite rare for a drop

Link to this quote would be helpful, by the way.

the wording leads to the removal of cruel difficulty, or something that hurts the playerbase in some way? a cruel cut?

coming from that "its like the flask twist!" view i would point on trade.
it was a shore in diablo II and is the same since those days.

my promises:
---------

the new npc is a could player-to-player trader who offers the goods off all those in town via stash tabs.

or the removal off cruel. (not realy a mechanic, but hey, the wording of chris post makes it a way to look :D )

-----------

love this topic, hope it will see many ideas, best wishes to all!
"don't worry GGG, it's ok!"
Last edited by kobrakhan on Feb 5, 2017, 5:32:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info