[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
Last edited by Besovskii on Mar 10, 2020, 7:02:33 AM
"
Besovskii wrote:

Primordial Bond looks useless :O

+10% dmg is not for golems, but for your char, so if you got 10 golems, you'll get +100% dmg, but from zero, it's still zero :'DDD
"
kami_koi wrote:

only for you =)
░███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░
░█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░
░█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░
"
Besovskii wrote:
last baeclast https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/ffb5ql/baeclast_54_delirium_dev_talk_with_rory_neon/
Nerfs to common "OP" builds like Summoner, Mana Guardian, Hoag

"
I feel like this might affect our bossing more than mapping. I assume the nerfs are going to hit zombies, specs, and skellys hardest of all.

It's not like golems are a hidden build by any means, but as far as summoners go, they are on the low end of use, so I don't assume much will change golem wise. Just hope specs don't get hit too hard.

Or I could be completely wrong and it's a blanket nerf to all minion nodes.

We'll find out soon, but today we get all the new nodes, which is exciting.

Pretty happy to see Abyss Zana mod back for 2C, and Blight Zana mod as well.

Also those challenge wings are ugly, wish thy would have just made the mirror portal the 36 challenge reward.

Hello :)

I assume that the minion nerfs are meant for the physical summoner builds. They were like 20-30% of builds played few last leagues. I can't think of any elemental based summoner build that would need enything else than buff after the boss HP increase.

They could in some scenario nerf generic minion damage nodes, but we can just take more Harmonies to compensate for them.

"
3.10 Cluster-Notables on 1 png (25MB), grouped by icons
https://dd.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/fg8k5l/310_clusternotables_on_1_png_25mb_grouped_by_icons/
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GJFUcUKxWElKcWmctkChw0HMFWcBhnum/view

"

+10% dmg is not for golems, but for your char, so if you got 10 golems, you'll get +100% dmg, but from zero, it's still zero :'DDD

"
only for you =)

Hi :)

New nodes are kinda generic, but more choice is always nice option. I guess the Primordial Bond is useful for Elementalist since the buffs that Golems give are already crazy strong, so 40% on top of that seems very nice for defenses.

I wonder if there is a way to use :

Secrets of Suffering
Cannot Ignite, Chill, Freeze or Shock
Critical Strikes inflict Scorch, Brittle and Sapped

(Scorched Enemies have their Elemental Resistances lowered by up to 30%, based on the Fire Damage of the Hit, for 4 seconds)

someway to boost Elemental Equilibrium, but it could be impossible.

Master of Fire
Nearby Enemies have Fire Exposure
(Fire Exposure applies -10% to Fire Resistance for 4 seconds)

Looks also interesting if it's easy to get.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 10, 2020, 3:43:43 PM
Nice

. No direct Flame Golem nerfs.

. Commander of Darkness now grants you and nearby allies +30% to all Elemental Resistances (from 20%).(Still doubt I use this over offers in end game, but it's nice early game for sure.)

Spectres
. Added the capacity to raise hundreds of new monsters as Spectres, including those found from Atlas Influence and from league content such as Breach.

Boo

. Bone Barrier no longer grants Elemental Resistances per minion. Increased Life and Energy Shield Recovery per minion is now 2% (from 3%), capping out at 20% (from 30%). Sad day :(

. The entire fossil mod part to be honest. Now we have to look for elder+warlord if we want to get psudo spec links and -9 Fire res.

Spectres
. Raised Spectres are now level 31 at gem level 1, up to level 76 at gem level 20 (previously level 80 at gem level 20). Muh bossing :(

Meh

Raise Zombie
. The number of maximum raised zombies you can have at gem level 20 is now 6 (from 7).(I know not every variation of this build uses them, but I use them as some meat shields, but losing one is not horrible)

Feeding Frenzy Support
. No longer causes minions from supported skills to deal more damage while you have Feeding Frenzy.(Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but it will still give the buff to those not linked to FF, correct?)

. I normally try and go for an ammy that has the "Guatelitzi's" mod, it kinda sucks now, but it's just an extra I look for each league, so nothing huge.

Personal Thoughts

I feel it's not as bad as I thought it would be in some cases, and in others, it's worse.

I knew zombies and skellys were getting hit hard, and I also assumed golems would not be touched. I did not however think they would hit specs really though and that sucks for our bossing.

100% was blinded sided by the elemental res nerf on the ascendancy. I know we only had it a few leagues, so were just back to where we were not having an extra 30% all res, but that really made over capping easy and cheap, and made looking for chaos res rings/ammy/belt so much better.

I'm sure I missed some, but prob the biggest we've been hit with nerfs in, well maybe not as bad as them completely killing off Occ for our build, but it's been a good while since we got hit hard. Still going to be just find though.

I actually planned on trying leveling early with skeletons this league instead of one of the guide methods, but with that nerf on them... guess I'll prob stick to the guide now.
Thx for the nice little write-up Sumfight. I pretty much agree with your thoughts.

Spectre nerf is a bit sad. As somebody who mostly plays elementalist anyway I feel like this pushes me more into getting utility spectres like the apes that give frenzy / power charges or the bubble spectres. At least then the nerf to spectre damage isn't applicable and we don't usually get to fit in the Victario's Charity shield anyway (with Pledge) so getting some frenzies is nice.

Yeah, I'm sure you are correct in that feeding frenzy (the buff effect) will still give the 10% more damage to all minions plus the attk / cast speed bonuses. Given it was already sub-optimal to have it in your main links it's now very much something you will just stick on a lightning golem or other utility minion and not worry about anything other than how often it proc's. No real negative effect for us other than making a bit more difficult (expensive) to league start as you will really want both the anima stone and a primordial might now. On the up side if this has nerfed other minion builds in some way then them being less popular is probably overall a good thing!?!

I'm not really sold at all on the new cluster jewels being good for flame golemancers. None of the notables really stand out. Maybe the 10% chance to deal double damage is ok but that won't affect TV's I assume? The unique cluster jewel that gives 3 extra jewel slots and is a best case of 3 jewel slots for 7 points definitely seem good. Remains to be seen how rare / expensive they are but may look to get a couple of those and put at the top parts of tree if prices are reasonable.

I was pretty happy that Elementalist was untouched even if the necro nerf as you say was a bit unexpected. I think GGG just want to make having to invest into gear a bit more difficult for minion builds in general and especially at the start so I can understand if that was the reason for the necro nerf.

All in all will likely be running an Elementalist golemancer at some point next league. On one hand there isn't anything to be super excited about when it comes to having lots of fun new things to try and build around but on the other (the way I tend to build them at least means) we weren't really nerfed either!
Last edited by DrHarvey12 on Mar 11, 2020, 3:29:09 AM
"
sumfight wrote:
Nice

. Commander of Darkness now grants you and nearby allies +30% to all Elemental Resistances (from 20%).(Still doubt I use this over offers in end game, but it's nice early game for sure.)

Spectres
. Added the capacity to raise hundreds of new monsters as Spectres, including those found from Atlas Influence and from league content such as Breach.

Boo

. Bone Barrier no longer grants Elemental Resistances per minion. Increased Life and Energy Shield Recovery per minion is now 2% (from 3%), capping out at 20% (from 30%). Sad day :(

. The entire fossil mod part to be honest. Now we have to look for elder+warlord if we want to get psudo spec links and -9 Fire res.

Spectres
. Raised Spectres are now level 31 at gem level 1, up to level 76 at gem level 20 (previously level 80 at gem level 20). Muh bossing :(

Meh

Raise Zombie
. The number of maximum raised zombies you can have at gem level 20 is now 6 (from 7).(I know not every variation of this build uses them, but I use them as some meat shields, but losing one is not horrible)

Feeding Frenzy Support
. No longer causes minions from supported skills to deal more damage while you have Feeding Frenzy.(Maybe I'm not understanding correctly, but it will still give the buff to those not linked to FF, correct?)

. I normally try and go for an ammy that has the "Guatelitzi's" mod, it kinda sucks now, but it's just an extra I look for each league, so nothing huge.

Personal Thoughts

I feel it's not as bad as I thought it would be in some cases, and in others, it's worse.

I knew zombies and skellys were getting hit hard, and I also assumed golems would not be touched. I did not however think they would hit specs really though and that sucks for our bossing.

100% was blinded sided by the elemental res nerf on the ascendancy. I know we only had it a few leagues, so were just back to where we were not having an extra 30% all res, but that really made over capping easy and cheap, and made looking for chaos res rings/ammy/belt so much better.

I'm sure I missed some, but prob the biggest we've been hit with nerfs in, well maybe not as bad as them completely killing off Occ for our build, but it's been a good while since we got hit hard. Still going to be just find though.

I actually planned on trying leveling early with skeletons this league instead of one of the guide methods, but with that nerf on them... guess I'll prob stick to the guide now.

"
Thx for the nice little write-up Sumfight. I pretty much agree with your thoughts.

Spectre nerf is a bit sad. As somebody who mostly plays elementalist anyway I feel like this pushes me more into getting utility spectres like the apes that give frenzy / power charges or the bubble spectres. At least then the nerf to spectre damage isn't applicable and we don't usually get to fit in the Victario's Charity shield anyway (with Pledge) so getting some frenzies is nice.

Yeah, I'm sure you are correct in that feeding frenzy (the buff effect) will still give the 10% more damage to all minions plus the attk / cast speed bonuses. Given it was already sub-optimal to have it in your main links it's now very much something you will just stick on a lightning golem or other utility minion and not worry about anything other than how often it proc's. No real negative effect for us other than making a bit more difficult (expensive) to league start as you will really want both the anima stone and a primordial might now. On the up side if this has nerfed other minion builds in some way then them being less popular is probably overall a good thing!?!

I'm not really sold at all on the new cluster jewels being good for flame golemancers. None of the notables really stand out. Maybe the 10% chance to deal double damage is ok but that won't affect TV's I assume? The unique cluster jewel that gives 3 extra jewel slots and is a best case of 3 jewel slots for 7 points definitely seem good. Remains to be seen how rare / expensive they are but may look to get a couple of those and put at the top parts of tree if prices are reasonable.

I was pretty happy that Elementalist was untouched even if the necro nerf as you say was a bit unexpected. I think GGG just want to make having to invest into gear a bit more difficult for minion builds in general and especially at the start so I can understand if that was the reason for the necro nerf.

All in all will likely be running an Elementalist golemancer at some point next league. On one hand there isn't anything to be super excited about when it comes to having lots of fun new things to try and build around but on the other (the way I tend to build them at least means) we weren't really nerfed either!

Hey :)

Great sum-up of the patch notes! My own additions to he notes could be :

Yep, Golems are good place at where they won't be nerfed. They could use some buffs, but they are propably coming in near future.

Spectres

Level nerf lowers their damage somewhat, but Tukohama Vanguards have not been strongest Spectres for a while after the nerfs. I'm positive that we can find much stronger Specs from the new added Specs, that will be stronger than Tukohamas even before the Specters level gem nerf.

Bone Barrier

Bone Barrier was used mostly for the resistances and physical damage reduction. I swapped the node for Plaguebringer. More about that lower in list of changes

Raise Zombie

Zombies were used mostly as damage dealers for early level before Spectres and as meat shields after that before Golems. Nerf is not really noticable.

Feeding Frenzy Support

Build didn't ever officially use it, so no nerfs here as I thought the nerd would come sooner than later.

Fossils

It's a shame that they decide to nerf the fossil crafting. I guess that prices will be higher at early league, but eventually lower near the normal price, as there will be lot less summoners now buying the gear.

Elemental Resistances

We are near the situation few leagues ago, before the Necromancer rework. Alira + Commander of Darkness + skill trees elemental resistance nodes should still be enough to keep gear relatively cheap.

New Nodes

They seem to be pretty mediocre. I hope there is some hidden potential that some player will find and that it can be later added to the build, but it remains to be seen.

3.10 PATCH NOTES

CHANGES TO THE BUILD

"Bone Barrier" -Ascendancy changed to "Plaguebringer"

Bone Barrier got nerfed, so I decided to swap the node for Plaguebringer. Here are the reasons:

- "If you've Consumed a corpse Recently, you and your Minions have 30% increased Area of Effect"

This adds curses range and increased defenses. It also increased Flame Golems area of Magma Orb blasts, letting them clear faster and more projectiles can hit same enemy resulting in shotgun damage. It's easy to keep this up contantly casting Winter Orb -chain.

- "With at least one nearby corpse, you and nearby Allies deal 10% more Damage"

There are contatly corpses near you while mapping and it's easy to create new ones in boss fights using Winter Orb -chain. More damage is also much stronger than increased damage as mod

- "With at least one nearby corpse, nearby Enemies deal 10% reduced Damage"

Enemies create corpses in packs while mapping and it's easy to create new corpses in boss fights using Winter Orb -chain. This line results in more defense than just physical defense from Bone Barrier.

I tested Plaguebringer in maps, and defense and offense buffs were on most of the time even without using Winter Orb. At boss I could easily keep the area buff up constantly with other buffs using Winter Orb.

Spectres could change during the league

Spectres level will be dropped, so there will be some damage loss for Tukohama Vanguards. There are however tons of new Spectres to test, so there could easily be replacement for them. We can also use the Power and Frenzy Charge generating monkeys as utility Spectres if the damage loss is too high and there are no new promising Spectres at the beginning of the league.

Overall

Elementalist seems really strong choice for this league as leveling with it was easy, it was not nerfed at all and the new Golem node could buff defenses from Golems even stronger.

The build got away with slight changes and remains mostly as it was for last few leagues. Biggest changes are new Ascendancy node and tons of new Spectres to test from. I'm really hyped to get access to new monsters to choose from! ^^

ps. Still waiting for Path of Building, but it will most likely update after launch. Online skill-trees are all updated.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 11, 2020, 3:59:08 PM
Hi!

How is this for league start and then blight maps?
"
Rakio wrote:
Hi!

How is this for league start and then blight maps?

Hello :)

The build is pretty cheap to level up as it starts as basic Necromancer and later adds Golems, when you have enough currency to buy more expensive Primordial jewels. Now there are fewer Necros starting, so gear should be extra cheap.

Golems are projectile based minions, so they can clear packs in large area very fast. Tukohama Vanguards can kill enemies with proximity shield with their totems blasting right through the shield. Blight maps should not be a problem.
Cheers for the quick answers.
My fourth league start with a summoner. Previous ones have been spectres/skellies. Looking forward to try something different.
Blight maps and delirium maps shouldnt be a problem then.

I have some questions regarding the gear and skills used, if alternative can be used:

How important is the Enhance gem for curses?
Can you only get the +1 gem mod on corrupted Bones of Ullr?
I am thinking of only running Storm Brand with Curse on Hit gem with 2 curses.

This should free up Winter Orb as well. Desecrate + Offering can be manually cast or with Cyclone (better movement/QoL for me). Cyclone could be an alternative if EE is applied with brands as main source.
Or Cyclone + Lightning Ball.

Why arent more golems type used as they would increase damage via the jewels?
If I can free up 1-2 slots (Winter Orb + CwC), could I get more golems for damage and defense? Thinking of Chaos + Carrion. Stone is already provided with Clayshaper.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info