[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

Hi all,

I played Elementalist golems a long time ago, thinking of giving it another go as Necro this time.

I am a bit confused about this guide. Why the focus on ES, what does that bring us ? And how to level as life until you have enough ES/Chayula to switch ?
"
thomzon wrote:

I am a bit confused about this guide. Why the focus on ES, what does that bring us ? And how to level as life until you have enough ES/Chayula to switch ?

The build recommends going Skin of the Loyal which boosts armour / evasion and ES. As we are in the top half of the tree it's fairly easy to scale ES from there. Clusters like Melding & Written in Blood give pretty good ES and then a couple of 2 points like Arcane Focus and Foresight also boost ES values quite a lot cheaply. Going hybrid ES / Life tends to be relatively efficient to getting a decent EHP pool when you are in the top half of the tree - especially as we are chasing as many jewel sockets as possible for minion jewels / primordial jewels and having to grab minion damage clusters so points can be tight.

However the build is extremely flexible IMO so it can certainly be done as a life / MoM variant or just life if you want. I've gone CI on it a few times too although that was largely before the ES nerfs a year or so ago.

For leveling Mika has an entire section devoted to that in the OP - I would check out the section: Step 1 - increasing Minion Defences. It goes a bit light on life preferring more to focus on making your minions tanky but it routes past a few good life nodes in Witch so just take them if you feel you need more life at any point. It's a fairly safe playstlye though with your minions tanking pretty much all the damage so you can stay quite far back. You shouldn't need too much life early on as you shouldn't be getting hit very much!

Mika is super active in the thread so he'll give you the "proper" advice shortly I am sure. These are just my own thoughts from playing a fair amount of flame golems the last few leagues. It's a very relaxed playstlye if you like that sort of thing. Golem jewels may be pricey at league start and then either go up or down depending on whether it's popular.
"
Rakio wrote:
Cheers for the quick answers.
My fourth league start with a summoner. Previous ones have been spectres/skellies. Looking forward to try something different.
Blight maps and delirium maps shouldnt be a problem then.

I have some questions regarding the gear and skills used, if alternative can be used:

How important is the Enhance gem for curses?
Can you only get the +1 gem mod on corrupted Bones of Ullr?
I am thinking of only running Storm Brand with Curse on Hit gem with 2 curses.

This should free up Winter Orb as well. Desecrate + Offering can be manually cast or with Cyclone (better movement/QoL for me). Cyclone could be an alternative if EE is applied with brands as main source.
Or Cyclone + Lightning Ball.

Why arent more golems type used as they would increase damage via the jewels?
If I can free up 1-2 slots (Winter Orb + CwC), could I get more golems for damage and defense? Thinking of Chaos + Carrion. Stone is already provided with Clayshaper.

Hello :)

Enhance gem is optional, but boosts both curses nicely as they scale with quality.

You can get +1 level to both boots and gloves, but it's easier to get / find +1 level on common unique item than rare item with good stats.

Cursing with skills has been used before and works well to my understanding. I like aura curses more as they are always on and stop offscreen charging attacks, but both setups work.

The setup could work but differs vastly from my own setup. It seems to be worth trying and if it fails, you can always fallback to my original seup :)

Adding more Golem types increased their damage, but also means that you have less damage dealing Golems. There are some calculation to the ratios, but I believe in more shooting Golems clearing faster. Tukohamas are used as main boss damage dealers, so Golems role is to kill trash mobs and rares as fast as possible.

"
Hi all,

I played Elementalist golems a long time ago, thinking of giving it another go as Necro this time.

"
The build recommends going Skin of the Loyal which boosts armour / evasion and ES. As we are in the top half of the tree it's fairly easy to scale ES from there. Clusters like Melding & Written in Blood give pretty good ES and then a couple of 2 points like Arcane Focus and Foresight also boost ES values quite a lot cheaply. Going hybrid ES / Life tends to be relatively efficient to getting a decent EHP pool when you are in the top half of the tree - especially as we are chasing as many jewel sockets as possible for minion jewels / primordial jewels and having to grab minion damage clusters so points can be tight.

However the build is extremely flexible IMO so it can certainly be done as a life / MoM variant or just life if you want. I've gone CI on it a few times too although that was largely before the ES nerfs a year or so ago.

For leveling Mika has an entire section devoted to that in the OP - I would check out the section: Step 1 - increasing Minion Defences. It goes a bit light on life preferring more to focus on making your minions tanky but it routes past a few good life nodes in Witch so just take them if you feel you need more life at any point. It's a fairly safe playstlye though with your minions tanking pretty much all the damage so you can stay quite far back. You shouldn't need too much life early on as you shouldn't be getting hit very much!

Mika is super active in the thread so he'll give you the "proper" advice shortly I am sure. These are just my own thoughts from playing a fair amount of flame golems the last few leagues. It's a very relaxed playstlye if you like that sort of thing. Golem jewels may be pricey at league start and then either go up or down depending on whether it's popular.

Hey :)

Excellent answer already! I can only add some of my own points to that.

Hybrid gear is generally cheaper than pure ES or HP gear. This makes leveling cheaper as you can buy items that few other builds use.

In later game, Sotl is great armor as it boosts Golems as well and scales with ES. It does not add any HP, so you would most likely need different chest piece.

You can also reach pretty nice buffer of 7-9k EHP (HP + ES) to take almost any single hit from endgame bosses. After that you can kite and let EHP to recover. It's harder to reach similar values with either pure HP or ES.

As said, build is quite flexible. Players have made pure ES, pure HP, MF, evasion based, HC and other variants of the setup. If you know how to create HP based summoner, you should not have much problems to convert build to it. If I remember correctly, most HP based variants went down-left on the tree and left out right side with HP / ES hybrid nodes.

Early level you can level with pretty much anything you can pick from the ground or buy for 1 alch. Minions are great at pulling aggro and even if you die, you wont lose any EXP. Some even level using just Arc up to act 7 or 8.

If you level as Necro, you can always swap to Elementalist for about 50 regrets buying some new gear if you feel like it. Builds have very similar skill-tree / skills / gear so swapping is quite easy. :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Yikes!

Mathil is starting as an Elementalist Spellslinger and will be using an Anima stone in his build.

That probably means that primordial jewels will be super expensive early on.

I guess I might wait till later in the league to get my golem fix. I'm sure that as people start to try other builds they will start selling off any primordial jewels.

Anyway, good luck in the league Mika :)
"
DrHarvey12 wrote:
Yikes!

Mathil is starting as an Elementalist Spellslinger and will be using an Anima stone in his build.

That probably means that primordial jewels will be super expensive early on.

I guess I might wait till later in the league to get my golem fix. I'm sure that as people start to try other builds they will start selling off any primordial jewels.

Anyway, good luck in the league Mika :)

Good to know. I guess Necromancer will be much cheaper then to level up. Primordial prices will most likely come down in few weeks when players start doing their alternative chars.

Good luck to you in league as well! ^^
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
Ahh, too bad this build gets affected by Mathil effect.

I will start as a regular cheap spectre/skelly/AW summoner necro as usual and then respec into this when prices get cheaper.
Is there any chance you'll start making a pastebin that includes all of the gear sets and leveling trees?
Hello!

Nice Guide

Question noob: Why "Beacon of ruin" and not "Paragon of calamity"?
"
Rakio wrote:
Ahh, too bad this build gets affected by Mathil effect.

I will start as a regular cheap spectre/skelly/AW summoner necro as usual and then respec into this when prices get cheaper.

Hello :)

Primordial Might seems to be 16 c in the trade. That is pretty much in line with earlier league, so the prices might not hopefully be raising that high.

"
Is there any chance you'll start making a pastebin that includes all of the gear sets and leveling trees?

Hi :)

I would do it, if only PoB would let me create real profiles in it. Problems are :
- PoB updates are uncertain (can happen days after launch and some things remain unfixed for months)
- PoB doesn't let me create different skill profiles
- PoB doesn't let me link item and skill-trees under one name in single pastebin

It might be due to limitations in the base application, but adding 2x separate profiles for each leveling step and still not being able to add skill profiles makes me use online skill trees by default and update PoB when it's ready.

"
Hello!

Nice Guide

I have used both "Beacon of Ruin" and "Pendulum of Destruction" + "Paragon of Calamity" sets. After Golem nodes both extra Ascendancy nodes are hard to even notice.

Players used Beacon of Ruin more in general, so I added is as default. Both are however as good / weak, so there is not much difference which one to use.
Last edited by mika2salo on Mar 14, 2020, 5:53:17 AM
"
Ch4_MaKo wrote:

The only benefit from Paragon is temporary random elemental damage reduction (8%).

With Beacon we can apply perma shock and chill to the tune of 30% more damage taken and 17% action speed reduction (with Arc + Awakened Unbound Ailments).

Not really a contest... ;)
Last edited by tomay on Mar 14, 2020, 7:58:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info