[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Mastandrea90 wrote:
I have enough jewels and the clayshaper to run 5 golems but can only spawn 4.
Skill gem =1
Clayshaper=1
Anima=1
Might + 5 Harmonie =2

"
When I put the last harmony I got the 5th golem but disappeared

"
Might and Harmony Jewels doesn't provide extra Golems.

Skill Gem = 1
Clayshaper = 1
Anima only = 1
Anima with 3 other Primordials = 2

1 + 1 + 2 = 4 (from the underlined ones)

"
Can't stack Anima?

"
Anima says 3 primordial jewels provide and extra golem.can't stack after the first 3 primordial?

"
Unique Jewels usually have limits to how many you can use. If you look at the top of the Anima Stone description, it says "Limited to: 1". So you cannot stack Anima Stones.

It also doesn't say "For every 3 Primordial Jewels, can Summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time". It says "If you have 3 Primordial Jewels, can Summon up to 1 additional Golem at a time". So having more than 3 doesn't give you more Golems.

Hello :)

You can only get +2 Golems from primordial jewels. As said Anima Stones dont stack and only grant the extra Golems once. The wording is again bit tricky, but thats how it works.

Make sure you don't have "Cast when damage taken" in "Clayshaper" or it will raise stone golems when you take damage and doing so remove one of your Flame Golems. Clayshaper has "hidden" Stone Golem inside what linked CWDT sees when it triggers.

"
What's your thoughts on running two clayshapers?

"
Two Clayshapers are an alternative, but you will have to compensate with more Minion Elemental Resistances on your Jewels. As far as I know, Elementalists benefit more from dual Clayshapers than Necromancers do (we benefit more from having a shield due to Bone Offering).

The charges generated from the shield are roughly equal to missing extra Golem. Charges make clearing lot faster as Golems gain extra movement speed and lots of cast speed. Power charges also let Golems crit reliably which helps to finish low hp mobs with Dot.

I would only run dual Clayshaper if you are running with party member that is using Victarios Charity with minions. That way those charges can be shared to your Golems.

Loss of shield makes Golems more vulnerable and Animate Guardian is in much higher risk of dying.

"
How do golems compare to t16 solar guard spectres? which ones do more dmg ? whichones have better survability?

ty

Hi :)

I think Flame Golems at level 24 start to be close to Shaper tier Solar Guards. Guards have roughly equal clear speed at that level but have also the beam cannon they can use to deal higher single target damage.

At higher level Flame Golems start to deal higher damage as you can ramp their level higher by using better gems and gear.

Survivability goes to Flame Golems hands down. Shaper can't kill them as you can stack almost 20% regen per sec for them and if they ever die, you can just instantly summon 2x back for the price of one. Specters have very limited regen (2,5% from tree and rest from gear) so damage over time and high consecutive hits will kill them. You have to raise them from high level maps after that which is frustrating.

"
played all day with it and i love it. boss aggro? close to non existent. also the extra speed is nice to get through things.

but another question: how important is singularity on animate guardian? as far as i can tell from the wiki the dmg bonus from hinder only counts for the singularity wielder? the slow effect seems be nice but maybe not that important.

i think about taking Dreadarc (Axe) that has lvl 15 flameability which lowers fire res by 39% and gives firedmg a 12% chance to ignite. this would replace the gloves with elemental weakness on hit and would allow me to take some more defensiv gloves that probably will be alot cheaper

Hey :)

Nice to hear, def testing those gems at some point.

Singularity is very good "aura" as it makes all exile type bosses super slow. the 25% movement penalty seems to hit them at full force so they are for very little threat.

Ele weakness gloves level 12 gives -31% elemental res reduction. Dreadarc gives only level 10 flammability with is -34% fire res reduction. You will be sacrificing very important defense for 3% more damage. Also in parties lots of builds benefit from ele weakness, as only few ones benefit from flammability. The chance to ignite is not very important as power charges give Golems about 35% chance to ignite already.
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f

Ty for answer

I misworded the survability question, i meant my necro survability not minions, with which minion i will have better survvability golems or spectre?
I've just switched for golem lvl 24, cost me like 8 exa (it's a lot for me).

Before i was playing with 4 flame senti summoned on shaper.

The fact is golem isn't better than spectre and the cost is x20 (maybe more) vs spectre, i'm not sure i did a good choice ...
"
mika2salo wrote:

You can only get +2 Golems from primordial jewels. As said Anima Stones dont stack and only grant the extra Golems once. The wording is again bit tricky, but thats how it works.

Make sure you don't have "Cast when damage taken" in "Clayshaper" or it will raise stone golems when you take damage and doing so remove one of your Flame Golems. Clayshaper has "hidden" Stone Golem inside what linked CWDT sees when it triggers.

only if the lvl of cwdt is high enough. i have a lvl 1 cwdt in my clayshaper for convocation + phase run and it doesnt trigger stone golem as the skill lvl is too high
"
Camaron wrote:

Ty for answer

I misworded the survability question, i meant my necro survability not minions, with which minion i will have better survvability golems or spectre?

"
I've just switched for golem lvl 24, cost me like 8 exa (it's a lot for me).

Before i was playing with 4 flame senti summoned on shaper.

The fact is golem isn't better than spectre and the cost is x20 (maybe more) vs spectre, i'm not sure i did a good choice ...

I made Specters vs Golems compare some time ago :

Golems

+ Great clear-speed
+ Great singe target damage
+ Huge lifepool
+ Can stack regen
+ Can be re-summoned immediately if they die
+ Can take any Ascendacy nodes

- Expensive

Specters

+ Much, much cheaper to run at start than Golems
+ Can do most endgame (even T16 & Shaper)
+ No need to re-summon them if they don't actually die
+ Can select favorite Specter from about 3-5 great ones

- Can't stack regen
- Don't scale with gem level as other minions
- They will die and you need to resummon them from maps
- Specter movement speed is capped
- Most Specters have terrible AI and clear speed
- Specter Ascendancy nodes are less useful than the ones Golemancer can take.
- Can die to reflective maps
- Can get stuck in traps and die(labs, certain maps)

There was more talk about Flame Golems vs Flame Sentinels vs Solar Guards. They all share the same basic move which is spam fire based attack which is supported by GMP. Level 24 Golems have roughly same clear speed with low level items as both Specters from shaper / guardian maps, so at start you really don't notice much difference as Golems wont have massive DPS boost compared to Specters.

However the longer you play, the more difference you will notice. Goles movement speed is not capped so if you get around 30% minion movement speed for both rigs and 15% from frenzy charges, Flame Golems will be running beside you while Specters will be dragging behind.

You can stack Golems level higher slowly once you get Sotl and 20/20 Golems plus level 3 Empower. Specters are locked to level they are summoned from, so theres no room for improvement.

Regen and minion survival is huge matter as Specters have about 2.5% regen from the skill tree and rest has to come from gear. Damage over time in many maps (Hall of GM, Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple, Shaper bubble phase, etc) can be lethal to Specters as they cant block each kind of damage and cant regen faster. Golems can stack as many Harmonies as you want to have which all add 2% regen for them. This makes them extremely tanky, almost immune to Damage over time and reflect maps.

Your own survival is also better with Golems as you dont have to worry about minion survival at all. No need to spam Bone Offer to keep Specters block up or cast Convocation to get them away from danger. You can just leave Golems fighting with the boss and keep on kiting. If they even happen to die, just instantly cast 2 new ones. When Specters die, you need to portal out to get new ones or you will die very soon after that. No need to even have corpses nearby. You can set all links to improve your own defense as you dont need to sacrifice them for minions.

"
only if the lvl of cwdt is high enough. i have a lvl 1 cwdt in my clayshaper for convocation + phase run and it doesnt trigger stone golem as the skill lvl is too high

Hey!

Thanks for info! Usually I want lower level CWDT to be 4-link, so I have not tested it as 3-link. The Storm Burst sure frees a lot of gem slots :)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Oct 30, 2017, 5:22:06 AM
hi,
I got a question to "cast when damage taken". How does "bone offering" even gets triggered if "cast when damage taken" is level 20? The description of your current gear says that it only gets triggered after 3272 dmg was taken and that you cant trigger the supported skill by your own. Thats way too much or?
And so my run has ended, I reached 36/40 in Hardcore, Level 97 and did 3/4 Guardians. Died to Minotaur (Last one missing) who head Monster Life, Poison on hit and 40% extra resists. Died after roughly 10 minutes, this guy is tanky compared to the other guardians or the extra resist mod is stronger then expected. Did all content besides Minotaur, Shaper, Vaal Temple and Uber.
Fun build, would recommend again. I changed the build to be block and life based but well. Had fun, what else should you expect?
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/trojanrabbit/characters?characterName=golance
"
hi,
I got a question to "cast when damage taken". How does "bone offering" even gets triggered if "cast when damage taken" is level 20? The description of your current gear says that it only gets triggered after 3272 dmg was taken and that you cant trigger the supported skill by your own. Thats way too much or?

That's exactly how it works. A Lv 20 CwDT gem means that any other linked skill gem that has <70 level requirement will trigger. So any gem that is not Lv 21 or above will work. When it says you cannot trigger on your own, it means you cannot cast Bone Offering manually, but it will be cast when you take a certain amount of damage.

3272 damage is fine. We max CwDT so that we can use max level Bone Offering for more Block Chance. If you need to, having it on lower levels is perfectly fine; we still have Rumi's Concoction flask.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
Last edited by thsscapii on Oct 30, 2017, 11:52:21 AM
Think swapping to lightning golem for bosses would work well?
"
Mastandrea90 wrote:
Think swapping to lightning golem for bosses would work well?

The best single target golem is Chaos golem in my opinion but... It is not worth it, you need to swap to much supports, if you want to buff single target you can switch GMP for either slower projectiles or culling strike on your flame golems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info