[3.14] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, ✔️All Bosses Down, ✔️Necro, ✔️Elementalist

"
Redvex wrote:

I've this but if i wear my es is around 1000 es less
My boots are not es but i wear it for strenght and dex and use those two rings.

"
You are using an older version of Infernal Mantle, which gives more ES compared to SotL. Only the new Infernal Mantle is comparable to SotL in terms of ES.

Since you have Legacy Infernal Mantle, it's up to you which one you would prefer to use. SotL has no drawback for low Mana, so you might be able to:
1. run an extra Curse (irrelevant if you prefer to have second Curse on AG)
2. use another Aura
3. remove some Reduced Mana Reserved for some other passives (like Jewel Sockets or ES)
But as you've pointed out, you lose ES. Up to personal preference and what content you prefer to run (you don't really need that much ES for mapping).

"
Ok tnx

Hello :)

Legacy Infernal Mantle is great high ES armor that has integrated plus 1 level for Golems. It can still be used, but you will be missing extra level for Golems and have only marginally more EHP with right made tree and gear. New rolls about Infernal Mantle are far below SotL as they dont provide more ES and have low mana penalty.

With SotL you can drops most of mana reduction nodes and set passive tree closer to my final one. This gives you extra mana, ES, resistances and HP. All adds up to over 10k EHP in the end.

You are currently missing life on both rings, which is huge loss of EHP. Boots are also not ES based. If you want to break 10k EHP, you can look for rings with STR / DEX, right resistances and ES / HP. Lastly you craft either ES or HP, which ever the rings are missing, both add EHP nicely. After switching the rings you can swap boots to Rainbowstrides or other high ES boots with res and HP.

Sorry if I sound like i'm disliking legacy I Mantle. I'm actually using plus 1 corrupt infernal mantle myself in standard. While it gives me 27 level Golems the 100 extra damage makes it very hard to work with as I have to spend extra points on mana reduction. Thats why I always in general recommend using SotL as it gives freedom to customize the build more and is easier on gear / tree.

The choice is really is in which ever you prefer as they are pretty close in stats ;)

"
Hey!

I started following your guide only a couple weeks ago and already have a lvl94 character in Harbinger league and I'm definitely enjoying the build. My only question (which probably has been answered but I don't feel like searching 150 pages for it), You say not to use animate guardian for Shaper and Uber Atziri, what 4L should I use in place for these fights?

Thanks!

"
Most of us use some combination of Cast while Channeling, either with Scorching Ray (for a bit of Fire Resist Reduction) or Storm Burst (to trigger EE, so we don't need a Totem), together with Bone/Flesh Offering and/or Desecrate.

It's very flexible because Bone Offering, Flesh Offering, and Desecrate can go anywhere, really. It depends on which skills you prefer to manually cast.

Edit: Sorry for "double post". Forgot I wasn't editing.

Hey :)

Most warnings about using Animate Guardian are extra cautious to make sure that new build followers don't lose their AG's early in the game when its low level. Many players however report their level 20-22 AG tanking Shaper and Guardians with no problem. You can try using AG in Shaper fight if you feel like it might be able to tank the damage. For Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple and hall of GM I still don't recommend ever trying it.

You can get another set of Rainbowstrides and set there any combination of channel skill / offerings or just add 4x vaal disciplines. Popular links are :

Storm Burst -> Cwc - Desecrate - > Bone Offering / Flesh Offering
Scorching Ray -> Cwc - Desecrate - > Bone Offering / Flesh Offering

Streamer Wonderful has been testing Specters in boots instead of AG, so he might be helpful with them ;)

I just leave AG out for worst bosses and don't switch the links at all. I'm too lazy to ever swap gear and just kite bit longer in fight.

"
Hi, been following this guide for the first 2 weeks (Just started Harbinger 2 weeks ago from nothing to something) I like the lazynessish of this kind of build. :)

I was wondering if I should invest the remaining of my chaos for a empower support lv4 or should I focus on getting better rings and crystal belt?

So far with everything up 75/73/66/67 all rest which doesnt bother me much since i can do the map i wanted with ease including guardians (only die to minotaur twice) 5.6k ES|2.3k HP.

I also didn't run animate guardian (because it die once on a chaos pool map mod and didnt feel like wasting another 25~35c for another ele weakness on hit), but do have it on my boots for it when i need it.

So, w/o using A.G all the time i just use another curse [Flammability lv19] along side with [T.C] (Enlighten lv3 gem on helm) and Discipline (on gloves) which I only have 96 mana left to use spell totem for EE (because my lv24 golem rarely dies unless its shaper yes i did shaper and it was a bad time for me..... rip all of those exp, but did manage to get him to 25% HP :D).

Edit: I do have desecrate with me or my shields which i swap out with if i need to use it on certain boss or guardian.

What I currently using whatever i have on me:
https://pastebin.com/70JDtrhn

Which upgrade you need more, depends on if you are dying a lot or not. If you can do already all guardians deathless expect Minotaur, i'd say you can safely upgrade Golems level first. Try to get Flame Golem 21/0 first as it can be very cheap and adds same effect as Empower 4. Golems don't really need the quality and extra level is much better for them.

Strong Crystal belt plus rings are great base to build other gear from. Try to find very high roll belt with 120 plus ES and life, get any high resistances you can. Then search for rings with enough res to cap needs, ES or HP. Craft ES or HP, which ever is missing and then look for gloves, jewels, etc what you still need.

Elemental Weakness is actually always better than Flammability as it scales with Quantity better.

After you upgrade Golems levels, get better crystal belt and maybe upgrade rings I'd say Shaper is doable deathless. You can check my or Wonderfuls videos on how to kite Shaper attacks ;)
[3.12] Flame Golem 101 - Complete Guide To Golemancy, All Bosses Down, Necro, Elementalist
https://tinyurl.com/y8k9fa2f
Last edited by mika2salo on Nov 1, 2017, 6:04:31 AM
What About Drop Victario Charity and go To Esh visage for more safe?
Last edited by Redvex on Nov 1, 2017, 7:38:46 AM
"
Redvex wrote:

as far as i can tell from the guide, the golems dont really need extra safety, as they are extremly tanky with alot of %-ual liferegen. victarios is mainly to increase the clearspeed with the shared power and frenzy charges.
"
unleashed666 wrote:
"
Redvex wrote:

as far as i can tell from the guide, the golems dont really need extra safety, as they are extremly tanky with alot of %-ual liferegen. victarios is mainly to increase the clearspeed with the shared power and frenzy charges.

What i mean is our safety, With esh while not on low mana and low life we are immune to chaos dmg.
"
Redvex wrote:
"
unleashed666 wrote:
"
Redvex wrote:

What i mean is our safety, With esh while not on low mana and low life we are immune to chaos dmg.

I assume that means you'll not be using Necromantic Aegis.

I've tried this out, and I personally prefer not to use it for a few reasons:
1. We already have enough Chaos Resistance
2. I would need extra Minion Elemental Resistance Jewels (or just Fire/Cold)
3. Taking any Chaos damage will actually prevent ES from regenerating; I prefer taking Chaos damage with my 2000 Life instead. This also allows me to easily tell I'm taking Chaos damage if my Life dips while I still have ES, where I'll pop my flasks and run.
Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
"
mika2salo wrote:
"
Redvex wrote:

Which upgrade you need more, depends on if you are dying a lot or not. If you can do already all guardians deathless expect Minotaur, i'd say you can safely upgrade Golems level first. Try to get Flame Golem 21/0 first as it can be very cheap and adds same effect as Empower 4. Golems don't really need the quality and extra level is much better for them.

Strong Crystal belt plus rings are great base to build other gear from. Try to find very high roll belt with 120 plus ES and life, get any high resistances you can. Then search for rings with enough res to cap needs, ES or HP. Craft ES or HP, which ever is missing and then look for gloves, jewels, etc what you still need.

Elemental Weakness is actually always better than Flammability as it scales with Quantity better.

After you upgrade Golems levels, get better crystal belt and maybe upgrade rings I'd say Shaper is doable deathless. You can check my or Wonderfuls videos on how to kite Shaper attacks ;)

Thanks for the reply I'll will invest for a lv21 golem then and focus on getting a better crystal belt afterwards thanks for thee advice. :)

Edit: Also I'll check out the vids on shaper kite :D

Edit 2: Yeah I just figure out how good Ele weakness gem is and will be swapping it out with flammability soon after i leveled it to 20.
Last edited by shinnanaya on Nov 1, 2017, 11:05:05 PM
"
mika2salo wrote:

Hello :)

Legacy Infernal Mantle is great high ES armor that has integrated plus 1 level for Golems. It can still be used, but you will be missing extra level for Golems and have only marginally more EHP with right made tree and gear. New rolls about Infernal Mantle are far below SotL as they dont provide more ES and have low mana penalty.

With SotL you can drops most of mana reduction nodes and set passive tree closer to my final one. This gives you extra mana, ES, resistances and HP. All adds up to over 10k EHP in the end.

You are currently missing life on both rings, which is huge loss of EHP. Boots are also not ES based. If you want to break 10k EHP, you can look for rings with STR / DEX, right resistances and ES / HP. Lastly you craft either ES or HP, which ever the rings are missing, both add EHP nicely. After switching the rings you can swap boots to Rainbowstrides or other high ES boots with res and HP.

Sorry if I sound like i'm disliking legacy I Mantle. I'm actually using plus 1 corrupt infernal mantle myself in standard. While it gives me 27 level Golems the 100 extra damage makes it very hard to work with as I have to spend extra points on mana reduction. Thats why I always in general recommend using SotL as it gives freedom to customize the build more and is easier on gear / tree.

The choice is really is in which ever you prefer as they are pretty close in stats ;)

I give a try to SOTL but mine is 3R1g2B wich means drop controlled destruction for fire penetration. The ring si true that have not life but are the only with %inc ES legacy

The final result is 7396 (i moved to ES boot) Es and 1900+ life......i loose around 700es and gain 300 life.
I do more dmg but i get one shotted by minotaur and minotaur is hard to get down

Another thing.....i've two pair of boots

So.....loose around 34 mov speed or have 300 es more?
Last edited by Redvex on Nov 2, 2017, 10:22:26 AM
"
Hey!

I started following your guide only a couple weeks ago and already have a lvl94 character in Harbinger league and I'm definitely enjoying the build. My only question (which probably has been answered but I don't feel like searching 150 pages for it), You say not to use animate guardian for Shaper and Uber Atziri, what 4L should I use in place for these fights?

Thanks!

"
Most of us use some combination of Cast while Channeling, either with Scorching Ray (for a bit of Fire Resist Reduction) or Storm Burst (to trigger EE, so we don't need a Totem), together with Bone/Flesh Offering and/or Desecrate.

"
It's very flexible because Bone Offering, Flesh Offering, and Desecrate can go anywhere, really. It depends on which skills you prefer to manually cast.

Edit: Sorry for "double post". Forgot I wasn't editing.

Most warnings about using Animate Guardian are extra cautious to make sure that new build followers don't lose their AG's early in the game when its low level. Many players however report their level 20-22 AG tanking Shaper and Guardians with no problem. You can try using AG in Shaper fight if you feel like it might be able to tank the damage. For Uber Atziri, Vaal Temple and hall of GM I still don't recommend ever trying it.

You can get another set of Rainbowstrides and set there any combination of channel skill / offerings or just add 4x vaal disciplines. Popular links are :

Storm Burst -> Cwc - Desecrate - > Bone Offering / Flesh Offering
Scorching Ray -> Cwc - Desecrate - > Bone Offering / Flesh Offering

If your AG is dying, but you want to use him just use Cwc - Scorching Ray, or Storm Burst, with Bone Offering to keep him safe. (This also makes him block more so more healing all around.) With this you just put your AG in your shield, so AG - Empower - Minion life. Since you're casting your offering you don't need the cwdt offering in your shield.

My only issue atm with Cwc is you can get some down time on your offering. It feels "unlucky" sometimes, and doesn't pop the offering as fast as I'd like, so I Self cast Desecrate, and Bone offering a lot.

Before a boss I spam Desecrate all over the ground, then I just pop them as the offerings wear off.

Imho Selfcast is the best option for Guardians, and above. Even if you're self casting Flesh offering. It makes sure you have 100% up time, and you can move more freely.

Cwc is great still, but I feel like it's part of the "lazy play style," and sometimes you need to be a bit more active for clean kills. I'd leave Cwc in T:15, and below personally.

PS - My gear is on WonderfulGS (A Scion) atm, because we've been doing some testing, so the links are a bit off. I don't recommend following that build as it's too squishy all around atm, and requires more testing.

-Wonderful
Twitch.tv/Wonderful247
Last edited by Timmeh519 on Nov 2, 2017, 9:42:35 AM
Any suggestion on shaper(profile is open)? All portals are gone. This is because low golem res and damage?
Can't sustain zana on incoming phase(
It is funny that I just vaaled a +1 rainbowstride since there's none in harbinger :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info