Donald Trump and US politics

@Dalai:

some audio links in this title:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2017/01/31/bannon-odds-islam-china-decades-us-foreign-policy-doctrine/97292068/

He talks about Islam in general here. He has also talked about stopping immigration to the U.S. (legal or not). Since this guy is smart, he would probably not say anything like this now, only things, that will get the support of the Republican party. For now.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Trump didn't win with the "mainstream media," but despite it.

You might talk about arguments and criticism, but there´s another factor:

http://television.gdeltproject.org/cgi-bin/iatv_campaign2016/iatv_campaign2016

He knew how to get the attention. I actually have the impression, the American media is weak when it comes to tough questions compared to Europe. Journalists always seemed to be too nice.
Interviewers here don´t let politicians dodge questions that easily e.g..

But Journalists in the U.S. have also addressed that problem meanwhile, I think it has changed for the better now.

On the other hand the society here would not accept someone, who is that insulting or arrogant( have to think of the patronizing "little Marco" comment). At least for now.

Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 16, 2017, 6:16:50 AM
"
Stephen Bannon has warned that Islam is “the most radical” religion in the world and that the United States is engaged in a struggle for civilization against Islamists.

Both claims are factually correct.

1.) Can you name another religion that has spawned more terrorist organizations, than Islam? The amount of various islamic extremist / militant / jihadist groups that operate across the whole planet is ridiculous. The vast majority of global terrorism is caused by islamist ideology. Can you name another religion that kills people because of cartoons? In the 21.th century.

2.) Islamists (political islam) are enemies of democracy and liberties as we know them in the west. From our perspective, islamism falls in the same civilizational struggle category as communism. Democracy and islamism cannot coexist, because one is based on freedoms and equality, the other is based on Sharia religious law.

It is just that most politicians are PC weaklings and wont call it like it is. Or have economic interests in the theocratic islamist world, like Saudi Arabia. Neocons would be an example of the latter and far left liberals would be an example of the former.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 16, 2017, 6:19:32 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"
Stephen Bannon has warned that Islam is “the most radical” religion in the world and that the United States is engaged in a struggle for civilization against Islamists.

1.) Can you name another religion that has spawned more terrorist organizations, than Islam? The amount of various islamic extremist / militant / jihadist groups that operate across the whole planet is ridiculous. The vast majority of global terrorism is caused by islamist ideology.

2.) Islamists (political islam) are enemies of democracy and liberties as we know them in the west. From our perspective, islamism falls in the same civilizational struggle category as communism. Democracy and islamism cannot coexist, because one is based on freedoms and equality, the other is based on Sharia religious law.

It is just that most politicians are PC weaklings and wont call it like it is. Or have economic interests in the theocratic islamist world, like Saudi Arabia. Neocons would be an example of the latter and far left liberals would be an example of the former.

1.) Maybe the religion is not the real cause, but e.g. politics(Israel/Palestine --> will get worse now; intended ? / Occupation / American influence in the middle East); they just hijack the term Islam

2.) would you call the KKK or Right wing terrorists "radical Christians" ? Now imagine you are a muslim.. .Btw more than once I pointed out that "I.S." is a right wing terrorist group.
Last edited by Schmodderhengst on Feb 16, 2017, 6:25:08 AM
"
morbo wrote:
"

1.) Can you name another religion that has spawned more terrorist organizations, than Islam? The amount of various islamic extremist / militant / jihadist groups that operate across the whole planet is ridiculous. The vast majority of global terrorism is caused by islamist ideology. Can you name another religion that kills people because of cartoons? In the 21.th century.

Yeah, christianity. Also, its the west who brought the terrorists into the middle east, they destroyed the peaceful and beautiful Iran and Iraq, look at the pics from the 70s in those countries.

I live among muslims here in germany, i dont see them beheading people or any of that bullshit you anti islamists talk about all the time. Muslims are peaceful. We have gay muslims here at the gay cafe all the time. I rather live among muslims than among islamophobes or white supremacists.

White supremacists commit more terrorism on US soil than islamists.
Investigations into Trump administration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylOwaj5IsVI

Prormise broken, Trumps 3rd vacation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvOWDVHPasY

House votes no on Tax Returns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfMBJTxMGcs
"
1.) Maybe the religion is not the only cause, but e.g. politics(Israel/Palestine --> will get worse now; intended ? / Occupation / American influence in the middle East)

Palestine is used as an excuse too much. Why did terrorists kill tourists in Tunisia? Why are islamic extremist operating in Nigeria? Why are the sunnis blowing up shias in Pakistan? Afaik the West hasn't occupied those places.

Ask yourself why hundreds of million muslims think that "apostasy" should be punishable by death. Why women who commit adultery should be whipped? Can you find such extremist views, that are applied on state level, in any other religion?

"
2.) would you call the KKK or Right wing terrorists "radical Christians" ?

If they base their core ideology in Christianity and act because of religious reasons, then yes. But you will hardly find any right-wing terrorists who kill for Jesus. Jihadist kill people because of religion, because the religion says "strike the infidels", "kill the polytheists", "murder apostates", etc...
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
sarahaustin wrote:
I live among muslims here in germany, i dont see them beheading people

What an elitist and snobbish view. Go live in islamist majority countries, and see how long you'll survive as a supposed transgender there. Of course gay people from muslim countries flee to the west - homosexuality is criminalized in most muslim majority countries.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Oh, Sarah. So cute. Go to most Muslim countries, and you'll have the rare opportunity to experience, first-hand, some or most of the following cultural exchanges:

- beheading
- stoning
- caning
- an impromptu lynch mob
- persecution by the state
- shaming and ostracism (at the very least)

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Feb 16, 2017, 7:54:12 AM
"
sarahaustin wrote:

Yeah, christianity. Also, its the west who brought the terrorists into the middle east, they destroyed the peaceful and beautiful Iran and Iraq, look at the pics from the 70s in those countries.

I live among muslims here in germany, i dont see them beheading people or any of that bullshit you anti islamists talk about all the time. Muslims are peaceful. We have gay muslims here at the gay cafe all the time. I rather live among muslims than among islamophobes or white supremacists.

White supremacists commit more terrorism on US soil than islamists.

"The terrorists did nothing wrong, whitey made them do it." Also note how Muslims can only be openly gay in a white christian majority country. Probably just a coincidence.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Feb 16, 2017, 8:30:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info