Donald Trump and US politics

too long too much "pétage the broue" didn't read
I don't really agree that Trump is the most "american" president ever. He's definitively the strongest stereotype of america that's president though.

That said, I don't think there's much to be scared of since the actual american system of justice is doing a pretty darn good job at controlling the absurdity of Trump.

Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Back from Hamburg, shit was crazy.

Here's Trump being charismatic

GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:
I don't really agree that Trump is the most "american" president ever. He's definitively the strongest stereotype of america that's president though.

That said, I don't think there's much to be scared of since the actual american system of justice is doing a pretty darn good job at controlling the absurdity of Trump.

Well that's the flipside. The need to believe in the decency and effectiveness of other Americans to keep their leader in check. Which is, in itself, a pretty shaky situation don't you think?

As for most American, "strongest stereotype" is precisely what that means, given the very word "American" invokes so many of the stereotypes Trump embodies. So I don't think you're actually disagreeing with me there. :)

I don't disagree it's a shaky situation, one that can lead to pretty bad situations for, well, everyone but I don't think there's gonna be any kind of nuclear war. At least, that's my hope.

Well, I'm just saying that because when I hear "american", I don't just think "redneck". There's the other side of the medal.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
"
faerwin wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

Well that's the flipside. The need to believe in the decency and effectiveness of other Americans to keep their leader in check. Which is, in itself, a pretty shaky situation don't you think?

As for most American, "strongest stereotype" is precisely what that means, given the very word "American" invokes so many of the stereotypes Trump embodies. So I don't think you're actually disagreeing with me there. :)
I don't disagree it's a shaky situation, one that can lead to pretty bad situations for, well, everyone but I don't think there's gonna be any kind of nuclear war. At least, that's my hope.

Well, I'm just saying that because when I hear "american", I don't just think "redneck". There's the other side of the medal.
Well, if I understand this article from the Atlantic correctly, you're just not picking up on Trump code. See, when you or I use terms like "the West" or "our civilization," we might be referring to constitutional democratic republics founded on Enlightenment classical liberalism, but that's not what Trump means. No, he's speaking in code to his white nationalist fascist neonazi fanbase, [citation needed] so what he really means by "the West" is "white Christian cisgender patriarchy." Therefore, if you or I use terms like "the West" or "our civilization," we're failing to check our privilege.

The same thing applies to "America" and "American." Or will, soon enough, if it doesn't already. You talk about the "actual American justice system" but those words are equivalent to "white supremacist justice system" and therefore a grotesque contradiction in terms. There is not nor has there ever been such a thing as American justice — just ask Colin Kaepernick. Now if you had said "global justice system" or "international," well, that would have been okay. Nobody makes more just decisions than an impartial unelected official in Brussels, thousands of miles from the impact of said decision. We all know what evil "local self-determination" is Breitspeak for.

It's like Charan said: Trump is the stereotypical American, where American means 1850s Virginian slave owner. He is everything about you that you're supposed to hate about yourself. So hate him, with faith that your good friends in the media will decipher his cleverly disguised wrongthink on your behalf. And don't let anything pesky like the actual meaning of words get in the way of your everlasting racial guilt.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jul 8, 2017, 3:26:49 AM
I love it when Scrotie waxes sarcastic. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Xavderion wrote:

lol trump being charismatic

"hey check out my hot wife"

I dont see any any key!
"
faerwin wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
faerwin wrote:

What is more likely is a shift in alliances. America First policy will create distrust of America and other countries will be looking out for their own self interest. It will probably result in a break of unilateral support of America policies. Creating regional hegemonies as oppose to the current global hegemony.
"
k1rage wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:

lol trump being charismatic

"hey check out my hot wife"

at least his wife is hotter than Bill's wife.
"
diablofdb wrote:

at least his wife is hotter than Bill's wife.

Bill got his dick sucked by many hot interns so he's got that going for him which is nice.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info