Donald Trump and US politics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-8YX66eyw

I like the robotic eagle with russian accent
"
鬼殺し wrote:

It's a good question, but I feel when it comes to a presidency, they're inextricable. He's acting like he's always acted, which was perfectly fine for a real estate mogul or reality TV personality, but is in my opinion utterly unacceptable for a world leader.

That's fair, assuming by his act we mean the ostentatious way about him in either tone or content of his speeches/behavior in front of a camera.

His style is especially pronounced (for better or worse) following President Obama. Thing is, at least for me (and I suspect many of Trump's supporters), it doesn't much matter how Trump delivers his message.

They probably didn't broadcast to the world Obama's last few public domestic press briefings, but one of them he was addressing the White House Press Corps (iirc). As you might expect, he sounded eloquent and thoughtful...but ended up saying something to the effect of "one of my most proud achievements is that my presidency was scandal free." That was like, uh...what? Come on, man.

With Trump, he may be acting a certain way, but I don't believe I'm getting bullshitted right to my face necessarily (especially as it concerns his thoughts/feelings when tweeting). I feel like eloquent politicians do BS me all the time (Paul Ryan does this a lot, fire off long winded sentences about procedural formalities of Congress, but wtf has he done exactly?), so I'm willing to look past those times the current President trips over his own words. I'll look past recoiling when he says something silly or when it becomes obvious he doesn't really know the answer to someone from the foreign press asking a question relative to the their country.

Point is, I somewhat disagree that there's a tight coupling between leader of state and decorum if the latter is smoke and mirrors.

"
Laurium wrote:
With Trump, he may be acting a certain way, but I don't believe I'm getting bullshitted right to my face necessarily

-----------

Best tweet of today:
https://twitter.com/goldengateblond/status/883222543607316481
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
Laurium wrote:
With Trump, he may be acting a certain way, but I don't believe I'm getting bullshitted right to my face necessarily

It was very obvious someone would think they were smart and reply with a reaction GIF. It's especially cute that you bolded a section you already isolated, as if that isn't completely redundant.

If you're done looking down on us, then consider:

There's different kinds of BS. That to which I'm referring is knowing he values the United States as the number one state in the international community. That matters to people here.

Last edited by Laurium on Jul 7, 2017, 12:34:48 PM
"
Laurium wrote:
It was very obvious someone would think they were smart and reply with a reaction GIF. It's especially cute that you bolded a section you already isolated, as if that isn't completely redundant.

There's different kinds of BS. That to which I'm referring is knowing he values the United States as the number one state in the international community. That matters to people here.

Then, just one type of bullshit bothers you, there are some other types of bullshit that you don't mind even when is right on your face?
"
Laurium wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
Laurium wrote:

yeah but its a firefly gif so he wins automatically
I dont see any any key!
"
soneka101 wrote:
Then, just one type of bullshit bothers you, there are some other types of bullshit that you don't mind even when is right on your face?

Speaking for myself, yes.

If "not full of shit" is an option, I would totally vote for that. Instead it's more like Machiavellian lying versus braggadocio lying. The latter is only slightly more favorable in my eyes because it takes less effort to see through.
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
Laurium wrote:

Jesus, dude.

The conversation Charan and I were having was within the context of Trump's style on the international stage, characterized in a certain way.

I asked Charan if he considered he was confusing style for intent, to which Charan replied he believed they go hand in hand for a world leader.

I'm saying I, along with his supporters, can overlook the less than appropriate style because we believe his intent is to represent the US has the #1 state, so though he may bullshit in any given speech it's forgivable.

This has nothing to do with the abstract of BS where all possible instances of BS are considered.

Charan and I had a clear context to situate the BS.

At least act like you have a clue.
"
Laurium wrote:
Jesus, dude.

The conversation Charan and I were having was within the context of Trump's style on the international stage, characterized in a certain way.

I asked Charan if he considered he was confusing style for intent, to which Charan replied he believed they go hand in hand for a world leader.

I'm saying I, along with his supporters, can overlook the less than appropriate style because we believe his intent is to represent the US has the #1 state, so though he may bullshit in any given speech it's forgivable.

This has nothing to do with the abstract of BS where all possible instances of BS are considered.

Charan and I had a clear context to situate the BS.

At least act like you have a clue.

I really made you mad, huh?

I posted the gif because I thought it was fun and appropriate since the idea that Trump won't be bullshitting around is crazy ;)

"
pneuma wrote:
Speaking for myself, yes.

If "not full of shit" is an option, I would totally vote for that. Instead it's more like Machiavellian lying versus braggadocio lying. The latter is only slightly more favorable in my eyes because it takes less effort to see through.

That makes sense.

Taking from the debates I think that Pence is better at lying than Trump. Some people is crazy to impeach Trump with the 25th amendment, I think that even if they did, they would only end up more frustrated.
"
soneka101 wrote:

I really made you mad, huh?

I posted the gif because I thought it was fun and appropriate since the idea that Trump won't be bullshitting around is crazy ;)

Yeah, I'm super upset. Fired up, even.

It's all good dude. When I act like a shit and get called out for it I back down too.
Last edited by Laurium on Jul 7, 2017, 1:16:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info