Donald Trump and US politics

Meanwhile, it seems that gun-free England isn't safe enough for George Clooney and his wife, Amal:

"
George Clooney Plans to Move Amal and Twins Back to LA for Security Reasons

http://www.lifeandstylemag.com/posts/george-clooney-twins-135725

"
Life & Style has exclusively learned that George Clooney has recently made plans to move back to LA, for the safety of his family, after the latest spate of terror attacks in England.

“He doesn’t feel like Amal and the twins are safe living in the English countryside,” an insider says. “He’s determined to move his family to LA, where he feels much more secure.”

'Nuff said. =9[.]9=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Last edited by Raycheetah on Jul 6, 2017, 9:08:19 PM
He is nuts. The English country is WAY safer than LA. Big cities? Maybe not.
Censored.
"
Federal Judge Denies Hawaii’s Challenge To President Trump Travel Ban…

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2017/07/06/federal-judge-denies-hawaiis-challenge-to-president-trump-travel-ban/

"
More Winning – A federal judge in Hawaii has rejected a motion filed by that state seeking to limit the scope of President Donald Trump’s so-called travel ban, parts of which were cleared to be implemented by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The state of Hawaii wanted to be the "mouse that roared." Not so akamai, brah. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
im glad that the 9th circuit is just an activist clown show and not the interpreters of the constitution
anything is everything
"
diablofdb wrote:
Hate him as much as you want but there are those time where Trump speaks he really have some very wise words that we should listen to, here he's speaking about our rights and freedom:

"

What have we inherited from our ancestors has never existed to this extend before and if we fail to preserve it, it will never ever exist again

the speech here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1If7MBOdEE

He says things that sounds wise in a speech, but I don't think he himself is neither wise or even smart. When he is reading a speech is ok, but when he is answering questions I cringe.

You guys also hate Obama, but if are here to give credit when it's deserved maybe we should give him credit for that time that he stood for 1 hour taking questions from the GOP:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1-jasxb7NY

I don't think Trump is able to do that. I believe that he is able to say things like "Jobs are good" or "Illegal immigration is bad" or "We need good deals, we need better deals", but when it comes to specifics he is unable to elaborate. I don't think he even knows anything about this healthcare bill they are trying to pass, even thought it's shorter than the previous one, I doubt he has read it.

Slightly related:
Spoiler
Do you remember when he said he had a secret plan that would "give an end to ISIS in 30 days"? Well, his plan was to ask generals to come up with a plan... They came up with the same plan they were using under Obama, but it seems this was no good:

"
To review, the Trump administration’s vision for fighting ISIS differs from its predecessor’s in two key ways:

1) This White House believes in giving greater autonomy to its military commanders, thereby enabling them to make the best tactical decisions, unencumbered by petty political concerns.

2) It also believes in asking its generals to alter their strategic plans, not because the administration doubts their military efficacy, but solely because it finds them difficult to “brand.”

Sauce: http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/07/trump-rejected-isis-plan-because-it-was-similar-to-obamas.html
Last edited by soneka101 on Jul 7, 2017, 1:24:21 AM
"
soneka101 wrote:

He says things that sounds wise in a speech, but I don't think he himself is neither wise or even smart. When he is reading a speech is ok, but when he is answering questions I cringe.

I feel like this is what Trump hopes for. The dude is far from dumb by all standards (obviously), always has some type of edge even when he purposely makes it look like he doesn't. You don't spend decades grinding your teeth in the Manhattan real estate development game without gaining some ability to deceive, defeat, and embarrass your opponents. Some of the crap is just too set up and convenient and then he just shits all over news networks, news personalities, celebrities, "activists", etc and completely ruins them in the eyes of the majority of voters. Way too easy.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Jul 7, 2017, 1:37:06 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
When 'he sounds smart if he sticks to the script written for him' is the best you can say about the leader of the Free World, you're probably in a lot of trouble.

Bonus you're-fucked points if said leader struggles to stick to that script and sounds far less wise or erudite when left to his own spontaneous devices, to a point where his fans basically ignore most of what he says on twitter because they know it's tripe.

And boss-level we-are-so-fucked if said leader is an acknowledged fan of self-aggrandising falsehoods even by said fans but yknow, his basic message is good and stuff.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/trump-poland-speech/532839/

I know, looks like The Atlantic is my only source of news lately, but I don't read it for news. I read it for excellent retrospectives and editorials by industry insiders. In this case, a former White House speech writer examines how Presidents used to represent the US overseas...and how Trump does it today.

Needless to say, even Reagan looks like a professional orator in comparison.

I'm curious, just in general no hostility, what would you say to someone that thought you were confusing style with intent when it comes to Trump?
If you feed a markov chain some of his speeches its spot the fuck on, incoherence and everything.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Manocean wrote:
"
soneka101 wrote:

I feel like this is what Trump hopes for. The dude is far from dumb by all standards (obviously), always has some type of edge even when he purposely makes it look like he doesn't. You don't spend decades grinding your teeth in the Manhattan real estate development game without gaining some ability to deceive, defeat, and embarrass your opponents. Some of the crap is just too set up and convenient and then he just shits all over news networks, news personalities, celebrities, "activists", etc and completely ruins them in the eyes of the majority of voters. Way too easy.

What you are saying is that he is sly? I agree, he is a showman, and he is very good at distracting and throwing people off balance. He was indeed very good at winning the presidency and the MSM danced in the palm of his hand, the way he wanted.

Does that make him smart? Wise? A capable President? I honestly don't think so.

Related: http://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/corporate-branding-critic-trumps-brand-is-idiocy-and-hes-very-good-at-it/

I don't see how this "skill" that he has could help him dealing with other countries. It took 10 minutes for Xi Jinping to convince Trump that they couldn't do anything about North Korea...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-xi-jingping-north-korea-history-lesson-10-minute-china-us-talks-mar-a-lago-florida-a7681611.html
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Laurium wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
When 'he sounds smart if he sticks to the script written for him' is the best you can say about the leader of the Free World, you're probably in a lot of trouble.

Bonus you're-fucked points if said leader struggles to stick to that script and sounds far less wise or erudite when left to his own spontaneous devices, to a point where his fans basically ignore most of what he says on twitter because they know it's tripe.

And boss-level we-are-so-fucked if said leader is an acknowledged fan of self-aggrandising falsehoods even by said fans but yknow, his basic message is good and stuff.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/07/trump-poland-speech/532839/

I know, looks like The Atlantic is my only source of news lately, but I don't read it for news. I read it for excellent retrospectives and editorials by industry insiders. In this case, a former White House speech writer examines how Presidents used to represent the US overseas...and how Trump does it today.

Needless to say, even Reagan looks like a professional orator in comparison.

I'm curious, just in general no hostility, what would you say to someone that thought you were confusing style with intent when it comes to Trump?

It's a good question, but I feel when it comes to a presidency, they're inextricable. He's acting like he's always acted, which was perfectly fine for a real estate mogul or reality TV personality, but is in my opinion utterly unacceptable for a Dear Leader.

Fixed that for you.
HAIL SATAN!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info