Donald Trump and US politics

"
innervation wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Here's a tip to the smart people remaining on the left: push an elaborate conspiracy theory that George Soros is a conservative double agent intent on destroying liberalism from within in order to promote Trump and achieve a sinister globalist agenda. You'll win some of the Alex Jones types of crazies, you'll be able to redirect to more rational criticisms of the President, and it'll distance your political objectives from the complete fuckwads (antifa, MSM) that are destroying your credibility.

This is so so true. The amount of conspiracy nuts out there, and their devotion to believing utter bullshit is astounding.

Yeah, i agree, its sad how people can support Trump after all the bullshit he pulled so far.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Tangentially, there's a part of me that hopes Trump doesn't run for reelection. Why?
Spoiler
Mad Dog 2020

He's quite possibly had his campaign brewing for years.

Spoiler

:O
Casually casual.

"
innervation wrote:
"

Insults are insults. Whether they are generic or specific to political ideals is irrelevant. Both sides are wrong here. Nobody is "more right" because they are using different insults. People that can't have discussions without throwing out insults (on both sides) are either uneducated and can't defend their ideals, or are misled into thinking that if the other side is villianized then they are somehow empowered in their thought process.

I can't get behind this at all. There is no better or worse insults. They are insults and people that use them are not as smart as they think they are. Passionate yes...but not intelligent, critically-thinking people.

Let me rephrase a bit. If the English language totally lost the words 'cuck' and 'libtard' it would be no worse off - they could be replaced with hundreds of other equally insulting insults. Words like 'fascism' and 'nazi' have real historical meanings, and very significant ones at that. To reduce them to the level of 'basic insult' is irresponsible and dangerous.

Yeah, there's definitely some importance in using words correctly. And wanting words censored does fuck-all.
I'd mention a certain word that I know that carries a lot of weight and its also misused, but unfortunately in the past mods of this forums showed to be triggered by it and immediatly edit, even if it was being used correctly to refer to a real world event, not being thrown as an insult (hint for word: rotherham). There is usuage of words as insult, and there is usage of word as proper denomination.
Coddling manchildren does no good for their growth and such children should never be moderators.
And really GGG, Id understand if you find such matter too heavy and dont want that kind of shit discussed in your forums, that's another thing, but, then, PUT IT IN THE FUCKING RULES instead of being some super secret "bad word"
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Feb 4, 2017, 1:31:46 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
Whether or not you like Trump is irrelevant, the fake/agenda-driven news is blatantly obvious to any rational observer (chaos chaos chaos, dark dark dark - how fucking oblivious are people to not notice this stuff?).

Americans should be extremely alarmed with having their news organizations owned by a handful of rich individuals. Some are controlled by foreign shareholders who push propaganda that does not have America's interests at heart.

I don't think it matters who's making money from their news corporations. They don't get involved in day-to-day decision of their executives and managers. They hold meetings, dictate their wishes, and then leave everything else up to those they pay to take action. It's much clutch operation than gear on gear.

That said, from the "reporters" up to the executives, they've all been loosely brainwashed by those around them, to the point of thinking alike. If their boss, their executive, their magnate feels a certain way, they'll eventually feel the same way. I believe it's far more hive mentality than one-dictator rule.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
Vhlad wrote:
Whether or not you like Trump is irrelevant, the fake/agenda-driven news is blatantly obvious to any rational observer (chaos chaos chaos, dark dark dark - how fucking oblivious are people to not notice this stuff?).

Americans should be extremely alarmed with having their news organizations owned by a handful of rich individuals. Some are controlled by foreign shareholders who push propaganda that does not have America's interests at heart.
I don't think "alarm" is really the correct emotion. Heavy skepticism, yes, certainly.

I think they key problem here has been the sanctification of mainstream media. In general, the population has placed far too much faith in the media, replacing critical thinking with blind faith. If one acknowledges the obvious flaw in doing this currently, but believes the solution is to reform the media to the point that our blind faith can be safely invested in the media once more, to the point that critical thinking can once again be suspended... then one has completely missed the point.

That perhaps-unfamiliar feeling of suspicion when a talking head makes a claim... that's supposed to be normal. It's not some abomination indicating things have gone terribly wrong; it's an indicator things might just be okay. It is its opposite, the sweet allure of unquestioning trust, which is the hallmark of the siren's call that precedes the shipwreck.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
It's not as black and white as blindly trust media vs. be skeptic.

We can strive to have a more reliable/honest media without abandoning skepticism.

The degree to which 90%+ of our media has become unreliable/dishonest should be alarming. Looking at media ownership and connecting the dots between the news we see and how that news is framed vs. the interests of the media owners should alarm Americans.

Edit:

News is almost always agenda-driven, but it used to be the case that most of the press produced news that was allied with public interest. Media consolidation, globalism, and corporatism have eroded that. Deregulation enabling extremely wealthy individuals to purchase enough shares to control media companies by themselves and push their personal agenda eroded that. Failure to have any sort of penalty, ethics monitoring, standards or reliable/nonpartisan ratings for bias/journalistic integrity makes the whole thing a crap shoot.

In many cases nowadays, media companies aren't driven by profit nor constrained by free market competition. Majority shareholders are rich from other activities and aren't trying to utilize the media to increase their profit. The power over information dissemination/propaganda is primary. Yes the internet is great and somewhat combats this but the news people see online is primarily determined by what Google and Facebook want you to see.

Most major powers have at least one fully tax-payer funded/accountable news channel that serves national interest. It's not a panacea but at least a counterbalance to corporate/foreign/private media. I'd like to see the US start one, with high standards/transparency/oversight. Students can audit it for objectivity, and compare the phrasing/framing and story selection to other news organizations.

I know I know, dreamworld. Given the bias/competency of teachers and the poor motivation of students, we're more likely to see a course on kim kardashian's ass, why the course on kim kardashian's ass is white man's fault, and trumpitler.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Feb 4, 2017, 4:02:12 PM
I dont even own a TV. Well I do my xbone is hooked to but no cable just have internet. Waste of time for one thing - the information feed is too slow, not focused, ads. Second it's all globalist garbage. open borders - offshoring basically on message all the time to crate a serf class and ownership class like China and the stock market is the single indicator of a great economy. They don't cover the devastating effects. 50K homeless in LA, tent cities, inner cities war zones this has caused in America. In Socal no millennials can afford a house. Stuff like that. Then there is all the irrelevant news like Huxley envisioned in Brave New world where public is entranced by entertainment and spectacle consumption to embrace their dispossession without understanding it. The deep polarization of politics is all intended, divide and rule. It's quite an old tactic. Blame whites, blame muslims, blame mexicans etc. Keeps your eyes off the ball

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5dBZDSSky0
Git R Dun!
It seems all you cons must be getting paid to post this stuff.

Let me get this straight.

You want a one party government. Or better yet a no party government.

Anyone who doesn't say or do what you approve of to be shipped off to a desert island somewhere.

Ban all religions but evangelical sanctimonious christian ones.

Only have medical coverage for conservatives so all the other people die off.

No taxes for anything but still have billions to spend.

A so-called impartial judiciary that only gives rulings you approve of.

It only took a few days before they started to blame Obama for everything that's ever gone wrong in the world since humans got up off all fours.

I guess evolution is fake news. Right?

And now the unemployment figures that were all fake before are ok to quote now.

Think of all the money you can save by doing away with elections.

And I'll bet that a VERY large number of democrats are gun totin' bad hombres like you.

I wouldn't respond to these guys and let them preach to the choir.

Don't bother posting nasty diatribes to me because I won't respond.
https://twitter.com/AdrianCJax/status/827713706704375808

https://youtu.be/mAUY1J8KizU?t=2s

I can't say that I know much about Bernie, but I don't like the way he brings the 1% every time he is answering anything, it's like when donald & friends would bring Hillary's name every time in order to deflect questions asked to them.

"Bernie what are your plans to x?"

"Well first we fight the 1%, then we think about that later"
"
fozziex wrote:
It seems all you cons must be getting paid to post this stuff.

Let me get this straight.

You want a one party government. Or better yet a no party government.

Anyone who doesn't say or do what you approve of to be shipped off to a desert island somewhere.

Ban all religions but evangelical sanctimonious christian ones.

Only have medical coverage for conservatives so all the other people die off.

No taxes for anything but still have billions to spend.

A so-called impartial judiciary that only gives rulings you approve of.

It only took a few days before they started to blame Obama for everything that's ever gone wrong in the world since humans got up off all fours.

I guess evolution is fake news. Right?

And now the unemployment figures that were all fake before are ok to quote now.

Think of all the money you can save by doing away with elections.

And I'll bet that a VERY large number of democrats are gun totin' bad hombres like you.

I wouldn't respond to these guys and let them preach to the choir.

Don't bother posting nasty diatribes to me because I won't respond.

Not really sure who you're talking to.

For the most part, people posting in this thread (and, well, on the internet) aren't of the "bible-thumping red-blooded 'murican" variety.

... But hopefully you feel better now. Be sure and go vote in 2018!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info