Donald Trump and US politics

"
diablofdb wrote:
Democrats calling for the respect of democracy etc etc.... and you see their people such as Snopp dogg and Madonna making death threat at Trump.

Imagine the outcry if anyone would have made a death threat at Hillary or Obama....

That's why I lost any sort of respect for the left politic.

There were death threats on Obama...
"
soneka101 wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:
Democrats calling for the respect of democracy etc etc.... and you see their people such as Snopp dogg and Madonna making death threat at Trump.

Imagine the outcry if anyone would have made a death threat at Hillary or Obama....

https://www.google.com.br/search?q=obama+effigy&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjg8NnMxt3SAhVBg5AKHXR4Ah4Q_AUIBigB&biw=1332&bih=624

Besides, where is the free speech you guys like so much? The character that was supposed to be Trump didn't even die at Snoop Dogg video.

And we don't take Trump literally, why should we take Madonna? You guys talk about "snowflakes" and "safe space" but here you are, crying over what some celebs say.

You lost respect for "the left politics"? I don't have any proof you ever had any '~'

my respect for the left politics.... I voted for the left my entire life. And don't play with words.... if someone would have made a video killing Obama there would be a outcry of rage.

Just remember during the election the fat and naked statue of Trump everyone thought it was funny right? But an artist did one similar about Hillary and then people called it violent and sexist....

So much hypocrisy in your words.
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
When you have a good, informative and neutral headline but then realize it doesn't look good with regard to your agenda.

Spoiler
Wow, that's liberal media bias at its finest: you can't make the news, so just re-write it with such a spin that it will confuse the masses.
Well, I guess so. But when I read "masses" in your post, what I hear in my head is "noobs."

Why? Precisely because I have a such a filter, because I can actively de-euphemize as I read. When I read "immigrants are going hungry so Trump won't deport them," I think "oh, this story is about food stamps somehow." I'm not confused so much at amused, at how the language has been twisted.

What I think I've figured out, however, is that most people who have filters don't have them tuned as well as mine. For example, they read "immigrants are going hungry so Trump won't deport them" and think "oh look, more lamestream media bullshit. All hail the God Emporer." And then, in disgust, simply reject the story. In other words, less deciphering and more self-curation.

And I don't think that's really the right way to go. You're not really listening if you're not willing to get to the heart of the bullshit. It's not about rejecting spinned reporting, but de-spinning it.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 17, 2017, 9:41:29 AM
Bee tee dubs: Smiley, stop gardening troll alts. I'm not saying any particular account is a Smiley alt or anything, based off of factors such as join date, forum of choice, or a history of short, shitty "SJW" posts. At least, not explicitly saying it's a Smiley alt.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Mar 17, 2017, 9:46:43 AM
"
diablofdb wrote:
my respect for the left politics.... I voted for the left my entire life.

Again, is just your word on the internet. People have as much reason to believe in you as they have to believe that MrSmiley21 is a black guy afraid of the Trump presidency.
"
diablofdb wrote:
And don't play with words.... if someone would have made a video killing Obama there would be a outcry of rage.

Just like the one you are trying to incite here? You say "people would be outraged if this was Obama!!", but you guys are outraged too when it's with Trump aren't you? You just need to visit Snoop Dogg twitter and you will be able to see lots of outraged people. So what is the problem? Do you want liberals to be outraged over Snoop Dogg making fun of Trump? Were you outraged when you saw these people burning Obama effigy? When was you outraged over something done to someone of the left? Each side should take care of their own. There was no laws broken, and even if it was Obama, nobody would have been arrested. You asking for liberals to be outraged over this when you yourself doesn't seem to be interested in being outraged over your side attacking the left. If that is not the definition of hypocrisy I don't know what it is.
"
diablofdb wrote:
Just remember during the election the fat and naked statue of Trump everyone thought it was funny right? But an artist did one similar about Hillary and then people called it violent and sexist....

So much hypocrisy in your words.

Duh... If you put a statue of Hillary naked in Manhattan what else could happen? Put one in Alabama and it will last probably a few months.

Oh, and next time tell me where I was hypocritical, instead of just calling me names.
Last edited by soneka101 on Mar 17, 2017, 10:12:07 AM
Wtf... my edit generated another post?

Edit:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Bee tee dubs: Smiley, stop gardening troll alts. I'm not saying any particular account is a Smiley alt or anything, based off of factors such as join date, forum of choice, or a history of short, shitty "SJW" posts. At least, not explicitly saying it's a Smiley alt.

You see, after he told his story I had my suspicions, but I dismissed because there is no way to prove it. But then you brought it up again, and I decided to check it out, and both accounts were made in almost the same day, but it's still hard to believe, after all he wouldn't be doing that for 4 years right? That would be too sad...
Last edited by soneka101 on Mar 17, 2017, 10:21:42 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Well, I guess so. But when I read "masses" in your post, what I hear in my head is "noobs."

Correct, that's generally understood that "masses" average to society as a whole that is easily led astray.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

The difference is wack jobs making death threats of Obama (ie: every president has those) vs. prominent figures in society or pop culture making those threats, either directly or in a veiled way.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
sarahaustin wrote:
"
diablofdb wrote:

The difference is wack jobs making death threats of Obama (ie: every president has those) vs. prominent figures in society or pop culture making those threats, either directly or in a veiled way.

It wasnt a death threat, it was a satirical take on Trump and how he is being seen.
"
sarahaustin wrote:

It wasnt a death threat, it was a satirical take on Trump and how he is being seen.

I agree. Are people already forgetting Marilyn Manson's Trump video? That was like 100x more wild than this!

Spoiler
But wouldn't it be interesting to see the reaction of the same ppl/media if it was a white rapper doing the same to Obama.
anything is everything
Last edited by Manocean on Mar 17, 2017, 12:15:26 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info