[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

I used a lot of quotes in this reply so I put it in a spoiler so as to not flood the post. I probably should have done the same earlier, but ah well.

1. having to press the same 5 keys every single time you see a enemy in a singleplayer game = bad game design

*Bad build design. It's not required that you use any utility flasks at all. Sure, they're a no brainer if you want to maximize your characters damage and defensive capabilities, but making a build that literally requires you to use 5 potions to kill anything is bad build design.

"
2. the point was why GGG even bothers checking private messages for keywords, the scanning is automatic but banning is obviously not, only wasting their employee's time when those same employees could be answering support emails instead

I would argue that getting rid of cheaters isn't exactly a waste of moderator's time. If you've ever seen any in town or in global chat, the moderators in game generally aren't the people who deal with support emails, at least not while they're online. You could "muting people in global chat is a waste of their time" using the exact same justification.

"
3. There are no rules written about "more than 1 server action per key press is not allowed" anywhere else than random forum posts. Either put it into terms of use or equivalent wall of text or don't ban people for imaginary rules that you cannot even enforce.

Scroll down to the bottom of the website. You should see a link labelled Community Wiki, the URL I linked is a page on that wiki, Frequently Asked Questions. The wiki is not affiliated with GGG at all, but they and many players recognize it as the official wiki for the game, and as such is a considered a useful resource. On the Frequently Asked Questions page it details that the use of macros that perform multiple actions are not allowed. It even links to a post Chris himself made, here. GGG have also stated several times the use of these macros is not permitted, so it is very much not an "imaginary rule" that "isn't endorsed".

"
What if someone only joked about it? You go and say "i use macros like ur mom last night LUL" in in-game chat. Oops you just got permabanned for being a legit player, and you will never be unbanned because GGG cannot prove that you actually "cheated" since they never had any proof in the first place.

When people joke about things like hacking, botting, RMT and such, they generally get suspended and have their accounts looked into. There's a reason you don't see people flooding global 1 with "HEY GUYS I RMT'D ALL MY GEAR!" because they get suspended, and then banned if they are confirmed to have RMT'd. GGG can see their trade logs, and if they see that they received a large amount of currency for no reason from someone that trades a large amount of currency to random players frequently, they get banned. Simple as that.

GGG can see your chat logs, your trade logs, and can tell if you've been disconnected for performing too many actions. They cannot see if you use external software, because that's illegal. But they can tell if you use a macro if they see in your input logs that you input 12345 on the same frame a thousand times a day.

"
As long as you don't use in-game chat to say "i use macros" or similar, you will NEVER get banned. Have fun botting.

You're right. GGG is not allowed to track any software you're running externally by law. So as long as they don't check your in game logs or don't ave evidence given to them, they won't ban you. However, that statement you posted is a little ironic, since that's exactly the reason you claim GGG banned you for.
Last edited by Shazamarang on Jan 27, 2017, 6:38:14 AM
"
satanttin wrote:

1. having to press all 5 keys every enemy u see u made the wrong build to begin with.
2. and how do you know it is not automatic?
3. not all rules are written down... doesn't mean they aren't rules...

1. clearspeed meta, always have full flaskcharges anyway so why not? blame GGG for making "+30% extra dmg" flasks instead of banning players for not wanting to break their hands

2. logic and my previous posts in this thread

3. rules aren't rules if they aren't written down

topkek @ "just search COMMUNITY wiki for a faq post and search that post for rules that don't really exist outside a few dev posts on some forum"

terms of use don't say "cant use macro like this" = should not ban people for "breaching terms of use"
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 6:49:17 AM
"

2. Random new player whispers me if its safe to use "autopot program" to automatically use his flasks in breaches, I say "dunno, probably not, check google. I use [my simple manual 5key macro] myself to use flasks easier"

3. Get banned in the next 12 hours

Yeaaaah totally don't scan your whispers right?

have you ever considered that the exact timing of your 12345 every single time tripped an alarm, and that in fact it was a GGG staff member who whispered you under another name and then you proceeded to incriminate yourself by admitting to them that you were cheating?

lol m8

so you were cheating, and then explained how to cheat to what you believe to be a new player, and you got banned? Good, that sounds like the sort of thing that should happen more often.
"
topkek @ "just search COMMUNITY wiki for a faq post and search that post for rules that don't really exist outside a few dev posts on some forum"

I mean I linked it in that post too, but here you go again since you're not the brightest. Here, here, here again, and one last time. I'm pretty sure Chris can kick you out of his game if he wants to for whatever reasons he wants if he considers them ban worthy. I'm kinda surprised you're able to even justify your use of macros to this extent, it's kinda funny lmao.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
have you ever considered that the exact timing of your 12345 every single time tripped an alarm, and that in fact it was a GGG staff member who whispered you under another name and then you proceeded to incriminate yourself by admitting to them that you were cheating?

lol m8

so you were cheating, and then explained how to cheat to what you believe to be a new player, and you got banned? Good, that sounds like the sort of thing that should happen more often.

1. even GGG wouldn't waste time with such dumb shit

2. used same macro for over a year
"
"
Baron01 wrote:
I wonder how did OP determined GGG has banned him based on reading his private messages instead of detecting that macro and banning him for use of illegal 3rd party software.

After I told a friend that I got permabanned etc, he told me that it was either stated by GGG or he read it on a botting forum that GGG scans for keywords, don't remember which one. (He has used bots for years so I'm sure he knows about this stuff)

1. I've used the same exact "1 key -> 5 flasks" macro for more than a year, no bans or warnings

2. Random new player whispers me if its safe to use "autopot program" to automatically use his flasks in breaches, I say "dunno, probably not, check google. I use [my simple manual 5key macro] myself to use flasks easier"

3. Get banned in the next 12 hours

Yeaaaah totally don't scan your whispers right?

Or he reported you for suggesting macros. Or it was someone from GGG. They do play you know, and won't look like angels with great beams of heavenly light descending upon their golden stars surrounding their character models. They'll look like average players.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Last edited by Xavathos on Jan 27, 2017, 7:00:30 AM
- Many source told me they read it, in particular if you use "rmt" in your text.
- you know friends who bot? change friends.
- cheaters are disgusting
- stop playing shit build like pathfinder worms
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 27, 2017, 7:19:29 AM
"
Xavathos wrote:
Or he reported you for suggesting macros. Or it was someone from GGG. They do play you know, and won't look like angels with great beams of heavenly light descending upon their golden stars surrounding their character models. They'll look like average players.

oh pls, too far fetched.

Let's move past obvious cheating or using illegal software and discussion what builds need to use all 5 flasks every time they see a monster.

Pathfinder builds will take several nodes increasing duration of flask and its ascendancy also greatly enhances flask duration. Some of my flasks reached 15+ seconds when I played Pathfinder in Essence league. Claiming that you must use all 5 flasks every 5 seconds or so is nonsense.

I play Cyclone Ngamahu build with Acrobatics, which is a build heavily relying on flaks and even this character does not have to press flasks more than once in 7 seconds. I only keep Quicksilver at 100% uptime (or attempt to keep it up there) and rest of flasks are activated as needed. I rarely need to use all 4 utility flasks at once.
Quote of a dev statement that they do indeed scan for keywords and automatically ban...or it's just a random speculation by someone who apparently is such a wimp that pressing 5 buttons in a row is too dangerous for him.

Not sure why they don't nuke you off the forum as well.
No rest for the wicked.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info