Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

"
"
Baron01 wrote:
I wonder how did OP determined GGG has banned him based on reading his private messages instead of detecting that macro and banning him for use of illegal 3rd party software.

After I told a friend that I got permabanned etc, he told me that it was either stated by GGG or he read it on a botting forum that GGG scans for keywords, don't remember which one. (He has used bots for years so I'm sure he knows about this stuff)

1. I've used the same exact "1 key -> 5 flasks" macro for more than a year, no bans or warnings

2. Random new player whispers me if its safe to use "autopot program" to automatically use his flasks in breaches, I say "dunno, probably not, check google. I use [my simple manual 5key macro] myself to use flasks easier"

3. Get banned in the next 12 hours

Yeaaaah totally don't scan your whispers right?

Maybe that person that whispered you then grassed you up? Maybe you talked about it global chat also? Seems odd that someone would randomly whisper you asking if it's ok.

Anyway, since you openly admit to cheating for a year I doubt you'll get any sympathy. Though I do wonder when all the streamers using similar macros on stream with impunity will get the same punishment.
For try, for see and for know
lulz

you broke the rules, you got caught, deal with it instead of crying and blaming GGG. They have always been clear about teh fact that using a macro is fine as long as it only executes one command.
live and learn.... or don't
"
RandallPOE wrote:
... Though I do wonder when all the streamers using similar macros on stream with impunity will get the same punishment.

Have you ever saw any major streamer to use any illegal macro other than Log-out? A macro that simulate in-game actions not trade macro, which is not a problem as it does not interfere with game and it does not perform any in-game actions. I'm pretty sure any of those major streamers would not be stupid enough to get anywhere close to such macro as it could potentially ruin their earning capability.
"
blubbber wrote:
They have always been clear about teh fact that using a macro is fine as long as it only executes one command.

"They have always been clear" as in 1 post by a dev in some thread x years ago? sure m8

How is any new player supposed to know GGG's imaginary rules when the rules aren't written down anywhere else other than random dev posts?

"
RandallPOE wrote:
Maybe that person that whispered you then grassed you up? Maybe you talked about it global chat also? Seems odd that someone would randomly whisper you asking if it's ok.

Very unlikely, he probably whispered me because I was talking in global chat and giving away items with 36 challenge points and just thought I was a veteran player etc.

Also my friend's info supports the fact that GGG scans all in-game messages.

GGG could always code in the quality-of-life stuff keys that activate multiple flasks with 1 key, but I guess its cheaper to just ban people by spying on them and allowing them to keep playing on a new account because they know that any veteran player will have to spend $$$ on the game if they want to actually keep playing.
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 5:17:16 AM
First things first, you used a macro that is illegal by the games terms of service, and breaking the terms of service is a legitimate reason for GGG to ban or suspend your account. You cannot deny that breaking the terms of service should warrant a ban or suspension, even if there are many others out there that do the exact same and remain unpunished. Just because someone else breaks the rules and gets away with it doesn't make it right for you to do so as well.

Second, getting mad about being banned for breaking the terms of service is about as dumb as intentionally breaking the terms of service in a game you've invested real money into. You've nobody to blame but yourself. GGG has every right to keep players out of their game for whatever reasons they want to, which includes breaking the terms of service.

Having a macro for using multiple flasks at once is definitely not required to play the game. If you can't press 4 or 5 buttons once every 4 to 6 seconds then why the fuck are you playing a videogame in the first place? Unless you have one finger on each of your hands there is absolutely no reason you would need any sort of potting macro. "waah I can't push buttons frequently waah I need to automate my actions to play because I'm too shit"

Now, onto the whispers. If you think that private messages are hidden from GGG then you're incredibly dumb. GGG is and should be allowed access to any and all private messages in their game. It is their game after all, and they aren't compromising any personal information in doing so. GGG has access to everything that you might think is "private", such as your characters, the items on your characters, your stash tabs, your chat logs across every channel and so forth. Why would you ever think that they don't have access to it, like, the data has to go into a database somewhere, right?

Honestly, I have no idea how GGG runs through whispers and determines whether someone should be banned, but my guess is that it would be automated and search for specific keywords to send a report to a moderator. Words like 'botting', 'macro', the N word <no ban pls>, 'hacking' and so forth. Then send a report to a moderator for them to determine if you get banned, muted, or whatever. I know some games that run off of a system like this, I'm assuming PoE does as well.

If not, I do know that GGG handles reports from private messages more seriously than in global chat or in local chats. In global chat, if enough people report you then you'll probably get a mute, in a private message only one person can report you, so they take the report more seriously. Most of the people I've reported that have been banned or muted were reports from private messages. So even if they don't automate a search function to ban players, they definitely would have banned you if you were reported by the player. So you could have very much have been fucked over by them.

TL;DR, you broke the rules, got banned, and are complaining for god knows what reason. If you think your ban was unjustified, you're wrong. If you think GGG shouldn't have access to private messages, you're wrong. If you think that you need a macro to play the game optimally, you're dead fuckin' wrong. Have fun being banned! ♥☻

Edit after I saw the dumb shit you just posted before me:

GGG has always been clear about macros being against terms of service. It's brought up many times, and every single time they give the same response. You can't seriously act as if you think macros are legal.

A macro instruction is a pattern that specifies how a sequence of inputs or characters should be mapped as a different output sequence following a set procedure. Basically, setting one input to perform another, in many cases more than one other. Mapping multiple outputs to a single input is the core of what botting is. Setting an automated script to perform multiple outputs as the result of a single input. Doing many actions as the result of you doing one action. Botting is not allowed in pretty much any game, and macros are borderline. If it's not obvious based on the words said by the games developers, it's generally preeeeety safe to assume it's not allowed.

Dry up your tears. You got banned, deal with the consequences instead of complain about how something didn't go your way. I guarantee you'll get no sympathy from anyone.
Last edited by Shazamarang on Jan 27, 2017, 5:29:49 AM
"GGG bans you for telling someone over private message that you use a macro that presses 12345 with 1 button"

Then don't do things ur not allowed to do....... just stop being so damn lazy :')
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Baron01 wrote:
"
RandallPOE wrote:
... Though I do wonder when all the streamers using similar macros on stream with impunity will get the same punishment.

Have you ever saw any major streamer to use any illegal macro other than Log-out? A macro that simulate in-game actions not trade macro, which is not a problem as it does not interfere with game and it does not perform any in-game actions. I'm pretty sure any of those major streamers would not be stupid enough to get anywhere close to such macro as it could potentially ruin their earning capability.

It's pretty obvious to me watching some people that they use an auto flask macro. Clicking 5 keys isn't hard but using 5 flasks in the same order simultaneously every single time but yet making loads of of sloppy gameplay mistakes? Come on.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
text

1. having to press the same 5 keys every single time you see a enemy in a singleplayer game = bad game design

2. the point was why GGG even bothers checking private messages for keywords, the scanning is automatic but banning is obviously not, only wasting their employee's time when those same employees could be answering support emails instead

3. There are no rules written about "more than 1 server action per key press is not allowed" anywhere else than random forum posts. Either put it into terms of use or equivalent wall of text or don't ban people for imaginary rules that you cannot even enforce.

What if someone only joked about it? You go and say "i use macros like ur mom last night LUL" in in-game chat. Oops you just got permabanned for being a legit player, and you will never be unbanned because GGG cannot prove that you actually "cheated" since they never had any proof in the first place.

As long as you don't use in-game chat to say "i use macros" or similar, you will NEVER get banned. Have fun botting.
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 5:42:28 AM
"
"
Shazamarang wrote:
text

1. having to press the same 5 keys every single time you see a enemy in a singleplayer game = bad game design

2. the point was why GGG even bothers checking private messages for keywords, the scanning is automatic but banning is obviously not, only wasting their employee's time when those same employees could be answering support emails instead

3. There are no rules written about "more than 1 server action per key press is not allowed" anywhere else than random forum posts. Either put it into terms of use or equivalent wall of text or don't ban people for imaginary rules that you cannot even enforce.

What if someone only joked about it? You go and say "i use macros like ur mom last night LUL" in in-game chat. Oops you just got permabanned for being a legit player, and you will never be unbanned because GGG cannot prove that you actually "cheated" since they never had any proof in the first place.

As long as you don't use in-game chat to say "i use macros" or similar, you will NEVER get banned. Have fun botting.

1. having to press all 5 keys every enemy u see u made the wrong build to begin with.
2. and how do you know it is not automatic?
3. not all rules are written down... doesn't mean they aren't rules...
oops
Last edited by satanttin on Jan 27, 2017, 5:50:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info