[PSA] GGG automatically scans and bans for certain English keywords in your in-game Whisper messages

The way I would do banning in a game like this is to start every player with a score of -1.

Then build automated tools that report to your score, say suspicious use of macros then +2, certain keywords in messages add +1.

Once the score reaches a certain threshold, flag for follow up by a human, and ban if bannable offense detected.

Scanning private messages for keywords and phrases using AI is the kind of projects developers do in their spare time when they get bored, so there could always be something fancy in place....
The plan is simple: win! If you do not win, you did not follow the plan
"
Daiena wrote:
Quote of a dev statement that they do indeed scan for keywords and automatically ban...or it's just a random speculation by someone who apparently is such a wimp that pressing 5 buttons in a row is too dangerous for him.

Not sure why they don't nuke you off the forum as well.

I didn't know they released an official statement regarding this, I was aware they could potentially automate banning via scanning for keywords in private massages, just wasn't entirely sure if they did. Neat.

He was purged off the forums, his old account at least. If he was permanently banned I'd imagine his account was terminated. The account he's posting from now was made on the 26th, and it literally called "tempaccount", although the name tempaccount is kinda dumb since he's not getting his account back ;p
"
Shazamarang wrote:

...I was aware they could potentially automate banning via scanning for keywords in private massages, just wasn't entirely sure if they did. Neat.

I dont believe any form of ban or suspension can solely be based on keywords scanning from account communication. It is simply not good enough evidence a person has done anything against ToS.

I can easily be talking with friends about stuff that can include trigger words and never do anything illegal in the game. GGG should not be able to ban my account just because I talked about things.

It is more likely that keywords might trigger a flag on an account that might be investigated by admin to validate any transgression against ToS.
"
"
Baron01 wrote:
I wonder how did OP determined GGG has banned him based on reading his private messages instead of detecting that macro and banning him for use of illegal 3rd party software.

After I told a friend that I got permabanned etc, he told me that it was either stated by GGG or he read it on a botting forum that GGG scans for keywords, don't remember which one. (He has used bots for years so I'm sure he knows about this stuff)

1. I've used the same exact "1 key -> 5 flasks" macro for more than a year, no bans or warnings

2. Random new player whispers me if its safe to use "autopot program" to automatically use his flasks in breaches, I say "dunno, probably not, check google. I use [my simple manual 5key macro] myself to use flasks easier"

3. Get banned in the next 12 hours

Yeaaaah totally don't scan your whispers right?

So your friend is a botter. Shocker. I hope people like you learn their lesson and stop cheating. And performing 5 actions is different from performing one. Simple logic.
ggg should do a better job. If they scan and ban accounts for certain keywords same principle should be used for the bots in trade chat. But then again they have so many coffee breaks they don't even realise when the workday is done.

Hell, they ban macro users but won't lift a finger against trade chat bots rmting.(for the white knights: reporting same bot several times in a row and still seeing it around is proof ggg does jackshit against botters and rmt.)
I love how everyone is bashing on the OP for using a macro to press his potions. Just about every stream I have ever looked at has the people doing the same thing. You can't tell me that they can fire off all their potions within a millisecond while moving their character and scratching their head with one hand. Hell, I'm sure half the clowns lecturing the OP do the same thing.

At this point they should just allow the macros and get it over with. They've opted for ridiculous clear speed over any other type of gameplay, may as well just go full shit mode.
"
Xaaz23 wrote:
I love how everyone is bashing on the OP for using a macro to press his potions. Just about every stream I have ever looked at has the people doing the same thing. You can't tell me that they can fire off all their potions within a millisecond while moving their character and scratching their head with one hand. Hell, I'm sure half the clowns lecturing the OP do the same thing.

At this point they should just allow the macros and get it over with. They've opted for ridiculous clear speed over any other type of gameplay, may as well just go full shit mode.

You're joking right?
U MAD?
"
Shazamarang wrote:
He was purged off the forums, his old account at least. If he was permanently banned I'd imagine his account was terminated. The account he's posting from now was made on the 26th, and it literally called "tempaccount", although the name tempaccount is kinda dumb since he's not getting his account back ;p

Yes, I can't even login on pathofexile.com to stop shit like shop watchlist email spam, guess I have to spam their support email back instead, thanks GGG.

Also my macro literally only presses 12345, you could add in a short/random delay between every keypress, start streaming and nobody would ever notice, but I'm sure tons of people already do that.

inb4 le thread deleted because macro discussion
Last edited by tempaccount9999 on Jan 27, 2017, 10:27:31 AM
i have no problem with this and hope the ban even more cheating idiots
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jan 27, 2017, 10:31:49 AM
So where the fuck is the proof?
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post