2.5.2 Patch Notes

Is this the patch that brings the 64bit client?
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
exorzist wrote:
Is this the patch that brings the 64bit client?

internet explorer or something?

you are running 64 bit already.
Last edited by Balantakos on Jan 24, 2017, 7:56:33 AM
The more performance improvements the better.
From what I have seen in 45 mins of gameplay, this patch indeed is a performance improvement. Atleast for my higher end rig.

I am using DX11beta with everything at maximum settings except MSAA on 4x. My FPS stays at constant 160-200+ with a few drops to 100+ after a 30+ mobs abyssal cry explosion. I have constant FPS at 120 with VSync enabled with a few minor exceptions, probably because I have a GSync monitor but its just an assumption.

Before the patch my FPS would sometimes drop below 100 with VSync off on DX11. On party play my FPS improved a little too. I noticed it but not to much, since many people use many different skills so it was kinda hard to make out the real difference.

Conclusion:
The patch improved the performance for me a little at most times. Sometimes it seems more noticeable. Still have to make out the real difference in party play but from what I see this patch does not make anything worse, atleast for me.
I dont know about people with weaker systems. And since this is mainly a DX11 improvement anyway, those with weaker PC's should keep using DX9.

Thank you GGG for another improvement of the game. Keep them coming! :)
This patch literally broke the game for me... My fps got halved, I'm getting weird graphical glitches, and got no minimap...

Before this I would get solid 60-70 fps in town, now i barely get 30.

Here's an example below. Notice I have my minimap open and all you can see is Tora.

Core 2 Quad Q9650
AMD R9 380
8 GB RAM
PoE is running on SSD
DX 11

I know my cpu is old but before this patch it ran without problems, now its unplayable :(

IGN: @Perfectly_Balanced | Timezone: CET/CEST

Every mirror item is #1 on Standard
"
Ryce247 wrote:
This patch literally broke the game for me... My fps got halved, I'm getting weird graphical glitches, and got no minimap...

Here's an example below. Notice I have my minimap open and all you can see is Tora.

Core 2 Quad Q9650
AMD R9 380
8 GB RAM
PoE is running on SSD
DX 11

I know my cpu is old but before this patch it ran without problems, now its unplayable :(

Does it happen on DX9 too? Maybe you have to update your drivers. These graphical glitches look like hardware problems but can be caused by the patch too I guess. If nothing works just try reinstalling or verifying game cache in steam. Idk if this can be caused by using GGPK defragment tools but maybe? You should try to solve it before blaming the patch. :)
"
Ryce247 wrote:

Core 2 Quad Q9650
AMD R9 380
8 GB RAM
PoE is running on SSD
DX 11

I have the same GPU, use DDU and install 17.1.1.
"
Draknador wrote:

Does it happen on DX9 too? Maybe you have to update your drivers. These graphical glitches look like hardware problems but can be caused by the patch too I guess. If nothing works just try reinstalling or verifying game cache in steam. Idk if this can be caused by using GGPK defragment tools but maybe? You should try to solve it before blaming the patch. :)

Hey,

On DX9 i get crazy stuttering, the game freezes every time i shoot into a pack. That is not happening on DX11 so the former is not really an option for me.

I have verified all the files with steam, nothing had to be downloaded.

Also the game was running fine up until today's patch so I am certain that it caused the problems.

"
Balantakos wrote:

I just installed 16.12.2 today, guess I'll try this.

"
Ryce247 wrote:

"
Balantakos wrote:

Didn't fix my fps issues, so i'll just wait for a fix.

"
Ryce247 wrote:
"
Ryce247 wrote:

"
Balantakos wrote:

Didn't fix my fps issues, so i'll just wait for a fix.

I have a similar issue with the lower frame rates, especially in town and in the h/o.

Game was running fine in Dx11 before. Now, the frame rate is erratic.

I'm not using steam.

Notice the frame rate going crazy while standing in my H/O. This doesn't occur all the time, but it seems to occur more often when traversing in and out of maps or between areas.

http://i66.tinypic.com/whbgh5.jpg
Last edited by Smear on Jan 25, 2017, 12:10:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info