Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

"
Saevan wrote:
From the patch notes:

"Siosa now sells all quest gems once you've completed his quest and the quests required to unlock the appropriate tiers of gem rewards"

I think this is the answer to the question about being able to get all gems without having to create gem-hunter characters. I don't know if this would cover everything though.

Not everything. There are some drop only gems: portal, detonate mines, empower, enhance, enlighten, and added chaos damage. And naturally the pvp gem block chance reduction. There might be a couple I'm not thinking of as well, but these are the only ones I can come up with atm.
Why can't you do that people ask for?
People asked for self-found league.
NOT SOLO self-found league!
Last edited by wasama2 on Mar 2, 2017, 8:01:52 AM
I really do hope, though, that GGG does create SSF perm leagues for characters that stayed SSF to transfer into come the end of the league. I can see it potentially causing some issues with people who have played SSF in Standard for a long time and might feel like they're denied the same sort of recognition for their accomplishments just because they didn't start it in the new temp SSF leagues; that said, if the official ladder recognition is what they care about the most, they have a fair chance at it starting over now in the new SSF-tracked leagues without losing anything (since they don't have official recognition for old characters in Standard now either), and if it's not, what's the problem?

Even if the expectation is that most SSF characters transfer into the normal leagues before the end of the challenge leagues, I think it'll feel a bit like being dumped on the street for those who don't if perm SSF leagues aren't created when the post-league merge happens. XD
"Nothing happened." - CharanJaydemyr, TheWretch

Sayya's Item Filter (updated for Ritual!) - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1260712
"
wasama2 wrote:

Its impossible to make "Self-found" league with current version of the game. You could just join party, drop currency on the ground, and other guy drops you item... So yeah, a bunch of ways to cheat.
"
Aynix wrote:

Its impossible to make "Self-found" league with current version of the game. You could just join party, drop currency on the ground, and other guy drops you item... So yeah, a bunch of ways to cheat.

It's very easy.
Just need to make an independent item drop for each player.
Players will not see each other's items.

By the way, players can't peak up items from low-level player now. So we already have some restrictions for item picking from ground.
Last edited by wasama2 on Mar 2, 2017, 10:22:23 AM
"
wasama2 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

It's very easy.

By the way, players can't peak up items from low-level player now. So we already have some restrictions for item picking from ground.

A quick question. Does your friend killing Atziri and you collecting the loot make it "self-found" or not?
"
laminarija wrote:

A quick question. Does your friend killing Atziri and you collecting the loot make it "self-found" or not?

I think it's "self-found".
You recieve random items from drop but not specific item from shop.
You should spend time on the quest if you need reward from it.

In any case we can't restrict friends' help completely. You can give your login/password to your friend and ask him to kill Atziri.
Last edited by wasama2 on Mar 2, 2017, 12:26:08 PM
"
wasama2 wrote:
"
laminarija wrote:

I think it's "self-found".
You recieve random items from drop but not specific item from shop.
You should spend time on the quest if you need reward from it.

In any case we can't restrict friends' help completely. You can give your login/password to your friend and ask him to kill Atziri.

It's not about who kills, it's about who is capable to do that. Being able to acquire things that you yourself are not capable to do because of lack of experience, or lack of build strength is not "self-found". You yourself did nothing to get that thing other than going through the portal after all the work was done for you. That's not "self-found" that's simply "leeching".
"
wasama2 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

It's very easy.

They won't implement whole new system to the game just because of some "additional setting" to league. Want self-found with party? Go play D3.
"
wasama2 wrote:

Gladly you don´t speak for everyone :)

A group self found league, would be pointless for most, as the majority plays solo already. I am very happy that we get a true solo play league and not that fake solo like in the years before.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info