Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

Super happy about this. Buying and selling items has always diminished the joy I have for finding gear, where I care more about currency exchange than what actually drops. The need to adapt to situations based on the gear you've found is far more engaging than buying whatever you need.

Up until this point, it hasn't been prestige that's had me playing SSF, but because it's simply more enjoyable than blasting through the game with the best gear you can buy; which feels like a chore, or muscle-memory instead of something you engage with.

To see there's a proper setting for it helps me feel less like I'm gimping myself for no reason.

This is similar to why I play hardcore. It's not because I really care about being hardcore, but to have the tension of death looming over you with every decision you make kind of falls flat when you, instead, just lose some XP. *shrug* I just don't really care if I die at that point. Having game mechanics enforce something like this makes it a little more exciting, even without the bragging rights.

Same goes for SSF. Item drops kind of lose their luster when you could have just bought the item anyways. Getting a build to work along the way through shambled together gear is really rewarding, as opposed to planning out all of the gear you'll be buying from the get go.

Either way, this is all just to say thanks, GGG.
Last edited by Zikah on Mar 2, 2017, 2:12:02 PM
Nothing is better than finding something on your own...

You can always buy the sex, but you can't marry into a life, unless you go out and find it yourself.

Theories from another world, from another failure
We don't adhere to fascination
Weary, fall on mother earth, call your other saviour
We don't adhere to fascination
Faith divides us, Death unites us.
A lot of these posts miss a crucial element.

There is no "party" option, so having a person join yr instance and drop items for cash that you drop is a "party" and will automatically exclude you from SSF.

OFC yr solo... to be anything else invokes the party rule and automatic exclusion.

And for yr partner to kill Atziri and you to collect the loot means you are in party mode...are you not?

Get real ppls...READ what Chris said before you post.

Whisper

NB.. you dont HAVE TO do SSF, so stop hair-splitting and belly-aching and just enjoy the option.
Just to be sure I hafto ask.

I can start a SSF charachter in Legacy, and when I get tierd of sucking 'cus of no trading. I can just bring the character to regular Legacy and continue as normal?
"
Just to be sure I hafto ask.

I can start a SSF charachter in Legacy, and when I get tierd of sucking 'cus of no trading. I can just bring the character to regular Legacy and continue as normal?

Yes. There will be two buttons next to your character that will allow to transfer either that character or your entire progress in SSF to parent league.
Wow, this is fantastic. I'll be playing the hell out of this new league for sure. If it transfers into a permanent Standard SSF someday then even better. I havent tried HC but this would be super cool seeing someone reach the end levels knowing they did not rmt with a credit card or even trade with another player for an i-win item. I Respect that kind of game-play tons, knowing they have sweated out every close call and ground every small victory with many near death experiences... that is really attractive.
Great job, GGG!
Last edited by Striker124 on Mar 3, 2017, 11:37:46 AM
I haven't messed with HC much but I play basically ssf most of the time.

Screw it. HCSSF here I come ;-).

Think I have a decent idea for a build that will work.

Thats Great News! most of the time i play ssf.. :)
I personally play Self-Found because that's just how I play. No bragging or anything, I just don't have any friends who play and I'm not too much into the whole "let's grind as fast as we can" mentality that is so common online.

I was hoping SSF would increase magic find and success rate of currencies and such so that the game would be better balanced for a solo player. Would that be possible for us who do not play this game for any of the multiplayer features..?
Does PVP is disabled in SSF ???

This limit a lot of build that need leo crafting bench ... For example RF will be very hard to achieve without rise of the phoenix and leo mod.
[2.3]InfernalBlow FaceBreaker - 11 Grand Spectrum - 118K DPS - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1699600
[2.5]Occultist - Blight - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1814013
Designer of Warden's Brand - http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Warden%27s_Brand

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info