Solo Self-Found Support in 2.6.0

So i left SSF today it sucks and i'll tell you why:
- No trade sucks (it should be: trade for currency ONLY, so you can sell good items)
- Divination cards system is broken in SSF - I did spend entire week farming "the demoness" cards i got 3, terribe drop rate for a item that you can get for 1 alch in standard league, totaly not worth it.

And good thing about SSF - Now i care about getting good rolls on strongboxes, maps etc (extra items, extra item quantity, quality, extra sockets on items etc.)
SSF mode is the best thing ever, since it acknowledges the playstyle I've always been using anyway. now farming (=/= grinding) actually has a meaning. it still is too damn hard to find a 5-link though. that is unbalanced as fuck

kinda disappointed though that there were 90+ chars after 1-2 days even in ssf... proves forever that I don't have a clue what is powerful in this game (but that is also because I'm simply not interested in unintuitive "cast on" builds NOR builds you need specific uniques for). but now that I can work on my goals (finding all uniques, card sets and 20/20 gems and whatever other collectibles are added) and can easily prove I didn't cheat (= trade or RMT) I got a reason to play this game! just hope that my char goes to SSF standard after the league, they never announced what happens officially...

btw, things I haven't seen in this league: map strongbox, diviner's strongbox, CADIRO. (exalt, reliquary obv. neither). my flame totem witch doesn't work out right (can't create enough damage without a good wand and that 5-l and farming for tabula is horrible as I can't even find channel maps), but I don't want to start a new char, so I'm in a bad spot right now. actually I can't imagine going back to any of my other tried builds without vaal discipline. so I'm once again wasting my time as I can progress only on a snail's pace. might call it quits as I simply can't deal with the complexity a build able to reach the final bosses needs. this game fills my action game slot, I'm not willing to crunch numbers for that
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Hi there Path of Exile community,

Used to play DIII pretty excessively and didn't really get into PoE for quite a long time. Flame me hard for it haha but now I'm really amazed by the complexity PoE offers compared to DIII. It is also by far more time-consuming as far as build crafting goes, but then again farming OP gear is never wasted time in an ARPG. ;D

Created a new self-found char in the new Legacy League but then decided not to pass up on (pretty essential) trades. I migrated my char to the regular Legacy League.

During this process I lost all of my currency and several unique items because my stash tabs just got reset. Is this intended or a bug? How do I get my items back? Do I have to wait until the end of the League or are they lost forever?

Didn't expect that and it really frustrated me quite a bit... :S

Ps. recommendations for an efficient way to farm currency at the beginning of a league would be highly appreciated! :D

Thx for any answers
Last edited by Svartecreation on Mar 15, 2017, 2:09:19 AM
See? SSF dying
Affliction master craft service Affliction My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Affliction veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Affliction SC master craft service Affliction SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Affliction craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Hi there Path of Exile community,

Used to play DIII pretty excessively and didn't really get into PoE for quite a long time. Flame me hard for it haha but now I'm really amazed by the complexity PoE offers compared to DIII. It is also by far more time-consuming as far as build crafting goes, but then again farming OP gear is never wasted time in an ARPG. ;D

Created a new self-found char in the new Legacy League but then decided not to pass up on (pretty essential) trades. I migrated my char to the regular Legacy League.

During this process I lost all of my currency and several unique items because my stash tabs just got reset. Is this intended or a bug? How do I get my items back? Do I have to wait until the end of the League or are they lost forever?

Didn't expect that and it really frustrated me quite a bit... :S

Ps. recommendations for an efficient way to farm currency at the beginning of a league would be highly appreciated! :D

Thx for any answers

Create a mule character in your previous SSF league, transfer the items from your SSF stash to that character, and then migrate the character holding the items. (Not sure if the "migrate all" button migrates stash tabs too?)

I myself am enjoying SSF HC Legacy very much. Level 83, still hunting for Marohi Erqi, but I'm doing ok. Been great fun!
Last edited by Steamr0ller on Mar 16, 2017, 11:37:19 AM
SSF support is the best thing happened to poe imo
enjoying the game like never before

thanks
Glacial Hammer now has 3-5% Chance to Poison on the character select screen.
"
HQuality wrote:
SSF support is the best thing happened to poe imo
enjoying the game like never before

thanks

^ this

X10
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"If you are going to preach X, then you must stand by the X, live by the X, and be the X." - Deceptionist
I'm really hoping they implement some form of either guild or party play for SSF soon. Even if it has to have it's own ladder, so it's separate from the SSF ladder.

My most fun in this game, would be SSF amongst a party, i'd love if it if you could register a party of 6, and be able to trade between you. Or have a guild limit of 10 or something, and some way to restrict people leaving and joining for trading.

PLaying with mates, without being able to buy everything and anything is my dream =)
"
Chris wrote:
"
Arcis wrote:
afaik, the main reason people want a SSF league is so the game doesn't have to be balanced around the fact that trading will always be much more efficient than soloing. if there are no additional benefits to playing SSF, i think this has missed the point.

Getting a fair playing field is really important to people who don't want to engage in trade.

I'm sure the two leagues will play out at massively different paces, and that's totally fine with us.

Odd reply - a fair playing field is NOT: going SSF in a league that supports it but is still balanced around groups and trading (balanced around non-SSF).

To people complaining about anyone who want the drops buffed somehow or some-amount - since many of you claim you have zero interest, why do you care? It doesn't affect you, your precious economy, or pretty much anything outside the pseudo-league.

Well, that would be true if the league did not allow transfers to trade-mode, which is the problem - and this together with that nonsense reply from Chris proves this is nothing more than a sham meant to get people excited about the idea in theory and come flocking back ahead of 3.0.

I guess some people like a boring slog, but this is really not what that vast majority of people asking for SSF were asking for, so what is the point? Oh right, for l33t people who play the game more than they live life can feel extra l33t. Well that IS the bread and butter, isn't it?

Except me - perhaps over 1000 hours, been here since cb, and over $500 spent. So who cares what I think, right?
To begin, I'm very happy that SSF is getting some attention and also happy that entire leagues are being based around that mode of playing.

Second, there are undoubtedly some players who want to try out SSF risk-free, reserving the right to switch later. The conversion-out-of-SSF option makes very good sense, given this reality.

But, some others have zero intention of ever leaving SSF because that's how they've been playing POE forever. To assist that portion of your playerbase, it would be helpful if when first creating a SSF character there is a box to check to make that choice irreversible. It's unlikely to be painfully expensive to do that, which hopefully means the idea will receive consideration.

My primary concern would be to level up a SSF character to the mid-to-high 80s, or thereabouts, then one or two misclicks occur, and then that character ends up losing access to their stash after conversion to a non-SSF league.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info