Some are creating "fake statements" about PoE/GGG; false generalizations... Legally Borderline.

It seems that "alternative facts" is the norm now that Trump has been sworn in. That's very sad that people are so used to hearing lies that they get complacent and just ignore the fact that it is a lie.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
solwitch wrote:
I've been on these forums for a long time. I can understand some of you are upset. However making false accusations, defaming GGG/PoE and making "fake" generalizations can get you into big trouble. This is inclusive not just to us as a community but to streamers and the media alike.

GGG can and will protect their reputation; some of you need to be reminded to follow the TOS/forum guidelines.

I'm not speaking in behalf of GGG however as a person who is very compassionate I think GGG has been so far. Many of you whom have supported GGG in my opinion deserve a permanent ban at this point. Forget probation but some of you are going too far in my book.

Let me make myself clear your opinion of GGG practices are inclusive of your own emotions/opinions not others. Complaining and ranting are a normal part of these forums however the audacity in some of you to lie and go as far as to bully a wonderful company is undeserved of. Two words... Grow up.

I really doubt GGG are concerned what a handful of entitled people crying on a forum are saying. The people on this forum represent a small fraction of the player base.
Last edited by Ratedetar on Jan 22, 2017, 5:09:04 PM
I advise avoiding Reddit completely as it is a wretched hive of scum and villainy.
"
solwitch wrote:
I've been on these forums for a long time. I can understand some of you are upset. However making false accusations, defaming GGG/PoE and making "fake" generalizations can get you into big trouble. This is inclusive not just to us as a community but to streamers and the media alike.

GGG can and will protect their reputation; some of you need to be reminded to follow the TOS/forum guidelines.

I'm not speaking in behalf of GGG however as a person who is very compassionate I think GGG has been so far. Many of you whom have supported GGG in my opinion deserve a permanent ban at this point. Forget probation but some of you are going too far in my book.

Let me make myself clear your opinion of GGG practices are inclusive of your own emotions/opinions not others. Complaining and ranting are a normal part of these forums however the audacity in some of you to lie and go as far as to bully a wonderful company is undeserved of. Two words... Grow up.

Borderline absurd.
Another quality thread by solwitch
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Arrowneous wrote:
It seems that "alternative facts" is the norm now that Trump has been sworn in. That's very sad that people are so used to hearing lies that they get complacent and just ignore the fact that it is a lie.

Is liarphobic a thing yet ?

It probably will be soon.

But yea youre right lying is the norm now.
Last edited by plodd on Jan 22, 2017, 7:56:41 PM
Holy shit. As a lawyer, I had to log in to respond to this bullshit.

First, I'm not gonna say, because I can't prove anything and I don't give that much fucks to investigate the issue as I'm not getting payed to do so, if in my opinion GGG has or not engage in criminal or illegal practices or conducts with knowledge and intent, or by some kind of negligence or even ignorance (which is not by the way a valid legal justification to avoid responsibility in almost every situation regarding the law). Let's please put that problem aside for a moment.

What I can't keep reading again and again, and the fact that now we have a new thread specific to this concept just made me tilt hard, is that retarded mindset of "you put the money, GGG is a business, therefore is all good, this is free market, this is real life, deal with it".

Costumers, even in the Internet, have rights.

If you are or not a costumer according to a certain jurisdictions law is problem that can be argue in a legal process or in front of the respective authority on the matter for every jurisdiction. And in the same way, if the person who feels a victim of some kind of fraud, false advertisement, or wrv gets good representation, and they live, for example in the US or the EU, they have the right to attempt to defend their rights. Even if at the end GGG wins the argument, the idea of accepting everything that comes from a company that makes money with a determined financial or marketing model, "just because", is insanely dangerous.

If a payment should be considered a donation or a purchase, is another topic that can be debated. A lot of even more shady companies hide "behind the donation concept" to avoid taxes or to have some narrative that may or not support their right to do as they please. Sometimes not only costumers, but also states, when they decide to look at what's happening in that online universe they tend to forget exists, won't let most of that obvious "pseudo donations" which in fact hide real purchases or more complex contractual relationship between the parties involved, fly one bit.

If you don't believe me, check what happened with poker online and all those shows and pages. A lot of them had to move what they call applicable law to all those islands with funny names and dubious at best financial practices.

CS:GO gambling had to, at least for now, as the problem is still under scrutiny, let go every market where they could have been facing very serious accusations for irregular practices, at least in the best case for them, until they go through the legal procedures to get the regular licences or whatever they need to promote and sell those services in tht territory, including the US and a big part of the EU.

Do you get that? Those two markets can be considered the pillars of many occidental online business. And they do not have absolute freedom to do as they please. They can risk to be never again allowed to operate in those states. And if we look at the income of the different regions, for many "companies" that can be the same as an instant close of said services.

If "supporting a company" is just a contract like any other and you got what you were promised, and if for example the fact that they have not yet, as far as the rumor goes, comply with every promise they made to some heavy supporters on uniques and shit like that, is a problem that can be argued. Saying "well, we got more mega supporters than we expected, so life is tuff, good luck next time", is not necessary an auto win argument. And to be honest it's a pretty simplistic and prejudicial way of thinking.

Sometimes "customers" have rights even if to some degree for the companies involved to succeed in this kind of practices, a certain grade of "stupidity" or a "naive view of the world" or whatever you wanna call that, from the players affected, was a vital part needed for the scam to work.

Sometimes they have rights even if they click agree to the TOS of the game, or the forums or whatever else you wanna base GGG's right to have a huge grade of freedom in the way the manage their company. It's not just a "you should have payed more attentions, if you are dumb it's your fault".

Even if the Internet is kinda the wild west, and even if a shitload of people get away and rich abusing the fact that not every real life institutions understands or considers "that important" what happens online. Even today, huge corporations have to modify some of their plans, to make them legal in markets like the EU.

People, individuals, costumers, players, expressing their discontent, even if you don't agree with them, are so more protected by the freedom of speech, than the "right" of "companies" to do whatever they want could ever be in every jurisdiction that has a decent development in costumers rights defense, and count with the infrastructure to potentially study those cases.

Even more, in some of those jurisdictions, if the case is presented with a compelling argument, and a smart strategy, they can use facts like "games are marketed to a very young demographic", or "some financial practices and the way they handle and report their numbers to the authorities can put them against the interests not only of some gamers, but also the political power of said state", which is not a fun place to be for any company.

Some young players seem to think that REAL LIFE "free market" works like POEs economy, where a lot of practices that happen, or are said to be happening, if they were to involved real life transactions could be considered scams, fraud, and a huge variety of criminal and civil illegal conducts.

This is not to bash one side or another, but to actively work to "auto censor", silence or bully dissenting opinions to the status quo, "because we are x or y company fanboys" does not only show a deep ignorance of how the world really works, but also goes against everything those same people should try to defend, since at the end of the day, they are are not any companies friend, but in all reality, and this is whether they want to accept it or not, subjects with rights.

And that means that GGG as any other company has OBLIGATIONS to comply even with respect of those kind of players problems, that can not always be erased and solved by unilaterally written TOS, which companies will always push as hard as they can to match their own interest, sometimes even with the knowledge that some of those terms cannot hold in court in their wildest dreams in every jurisdiction around the globe.

To put it short, not every contract (or every clause in every contract) is necessary valid, even if both parties accept the terms without any form of coercion, if such practices go against regulations that go beyond the freedom of every individual and is not allowed to be ignored.

TL:DR / DISCLAIMER:

This is just a post, no direct conclusion was meant to be extracted directly from the substance of this particular conflict. ALWAYS GO SEE A LAYER IN YOUR STATE AND SEEK HELP FROM THE INTITUTIONs WHOS PURPOSE IS TO DEFEND CONSUMERS RIGHTS BEFORE DOING SOMETHING STUPID.

But please, stop shitting on your own potential rights and before defending those a potential adversary could argue for themselves in their own interest, think that, unless you work for them, or have some kind of financial relationship, your are by definition in the oposite corner.

No company thinks your are a special snowflake, no company is your friend, and defending their rights in detriment of those you have, even if you don't know it yet, or you are not in a situation to defend right now, is a mindset that can eventually end up biting you in the ass.

It's not important which side you are on, just wake the flak up, and understand that you can disagree without denying the existent consumer rights, and arguing that enterprises have some kind of absolute power not even modern sovereign countries have, is a bad and auto destructive way of going through life.
I don't think its their fault. It's the way they've been programmed. To obey authority no matter what.

They view GGG as the "authority" in this case and in their eyes GGG can do no wrong.
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
Two words... Grow up.
They Dont need anybody to stain their reputation

This, unfortunately, is the correct answer. GGG went out bought the nails that will be used here, shortly, and they have no one to blame but they own selves.
"
Holy shit. As a lawyer, I had to log in to respond to this bullshit.
<...>
Costumers, even in the Internet, have rights.
Customers, maybe? Costumers have rights too, sure, I just think that wasn't what you were trying to say, mr "lawyer".
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info