So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear on day 2 like d3?

"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I get gg geared in two weeks already so i dont see much difference. Yeah I'm betting on self founded, smart drops, good crafting, fast leveling, etc - 2 weeks for consol crowd

Just like the D3 consol

I would gladly buy a console just for this. Tho 2 weeks is way too fast. A gg self-found character in my opinion should take around a year of 2-3 hours of grind per day (not speed running, just regular gameplay). Speed running should not be able to reduce it below let's say 7 months. By gg I mean triple/quad damage jewels, every unique you need, t1 rolls on all your stuff, all with max quality 21/21 gems and so on.

T16 should be doable around like 3 months after start of your character.

The dream :(
Last edited by apoapo1235 on Jan 22, 2017, 1:40:18 PM
"
So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear in 2 weeks like d3?

The casual PC PoE player has always been able to get godlike gear in 2 weeks, so how would it be any different on the console version? (Unless the console is SF)

Casually shop and flip to top gear is how it's done. Nothing hardcore about that.
Probably not, they might change the drop rate a little but not that much...not unless the decide that since it's a separate realm the cash shop could use some heavy pay to win features as well.

In the micro transactions current form there is no need for them if the game gears you that quickly, people will just get bored (like they did with D3) and stop playing shortly after
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
well I haven't touched this game in well over a year, largely because I don't have time to grind endlessly for orbs or sit and spam a trade chan like I could in the 90's when still in HS. For me, this is a great move. I hope they streamline the hell out of it so the game is actually enjoyable single player like D2 was and GD currently is (which I play daily)
*edit*

Unfortunately I do not own an Xbox1S.5 or whatever it is now, and have no plans on buying one.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jan 22, 2017, 2:18:54 PM
"
zzang wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I get gg geared in two weeks already so i dont see much difference. Yeah I'm betting on SF, good crafting etc 2 weeks.

Im talking about casual console players not about players who sit on a chair with a buildin toilet.

And if the console version is out as someone pointed already out people could cheat their way into mirror gear after installing the game.

No, just no. Literally no. The only way to do this in Diablo is through importing saves from 360 or ps3. Like seriously people are fucking retarded when it comes to this shit. There will be no more cheating on Xbox then there is on PC unless they have some exploit yet to be found through testing on the console version that only exists in the ported state...
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
"
zzang wrote:
"
chaoticwon wrote:

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Maybe it doesnt bother you but it bothers enough people to have a discussion. Im bothered because why play the game with a grindfest algorithm when i can have better gear in a fraction of the time investment?

It would be like a great sellout of PoE core principles for the console port.

Nope the correct answer is: you're right why give a shit, I didn't consider that it doesn't matter at all.

Follow your logic. Why are you not playing D3? if knowing you could be getting gear in a fraction of the time is that important to you then D3 existing must bug the living piss out of you. You could be over there completely geared out in a few days, sitting in battlenet chat with your capped characters, instead of here playing.

If playing the game is what you enjoy doing, why would getting everything as quickly as possible be your motive? unless you're actually not enjoying playing the game. Albeit there are certainly players of games, large numbers of them in fact that aren't doing it because they love gaming, but rather because it's what their peers do and they want to have something to talk about with them.

Those are the people who enter a game with the mindset of lets get this shit over with. As you might see from my sig it's a huge pet peeve of mine, because it tends to drag the design and evolution of gaming down a lowest common denominator casualization rabbit hole. I hate seeing a good game ruined by the money sign pie eyes of executives of game companies.

If the Xbone version of POE is easier, who cares, we already know it will be easier, targeting with a gamepad guarantees that, 4 flasks, 4 skills, if you want a more casual version of poe, then the Xbone version might be just what you need. Or you could just play D3...
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
"
alhazred70 wrote:
"
zzang wrote:
"
chaoticwon wrote:

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Maybe it doesnt bother you but it bothers enough people to have a discussion. Im bothered because why play the game with a grindfest algorithm when i can have better gear in a fraction of the time investment?

It would be like a great sellout of PoE core principles for the console port.

Nope the correct answer is: you're right why give a shit, I didn't consider that it doesn't matter at all.

Follow your logic. Why are you not playing D3? if knowing you could be getting gear in a fraction of the time is that important to you then D3 existing must bug the living piss out of you. You could be over there completely geared out in a few days, sitting in battlenet chat with your capped characters, instead of here playing.

If playing the game is what you enjoy doing, why would getting everything as quickly as possible be your motive? unless you're actually not enjoying playing the game. Albeit there are certainly players of games, large numbers of them in fact that aren't doing it because they love gaming, but rather because it's what their peers do and they want to have something to talk about with them.

Those are the people who enter a game with the mindset of lets get this shit over with. As you might see from my sig it's a huge pet peeve of mine, because it tends to drag the design and evolution of gaming down a lowest common denominator casualization rabbit hole. I hate seeing a good game ruined by the money sign pie eyes of executives of game companies.

If the Xbone version of POE is easier, who cares, we already know it will be easier, targeting with a gamepad guarantees that, 4 flasks, 4 skills, if you want a more casual version of poe, then the Xbone version might be just what you need. Or you could just play D3...

Where are people getting 4 skills only from? Even d3 on console has 6. We might even have more space, if you look at the HUD in the teaser holding RT will swap skill binds for axyb.

Considering that most builds excluding summoners use two keys max I have a hard time seeing the issue with this since that's the way the games always been since I started back in nemisis.
XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Last edited by BokkoTheBunny on Jan 22, 2017, 10:08:13 PM
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
well I haven't touched this game in well over a year, largely because I don't have time to grind endlessly for orbs or sit and spam a trade chan like I could in the 90's when still in HS. For me, this is a great move. I hope they streamline the hell out of it so the game is actually enjoyable single player like D2 was and GD currently is (which I play daily)
*edit*

Unfortunately I do not own an Xbox1S.5 or whatever it is now, and have no plans on buying one.

Nice to see you again, old timer!:)

P.
i hope hillock drops guaranteed tabula lol
So i guess the SSF announcement is the first step to get people Brood Twines and Victory Slicers droped left and right in the Xbone version.

"
Chris wrote:

To be an optional mode. For now there are no incentives for playing other than additional challenge and bragging rights.

I know what chris is trying to say by saying "for now".
Last edited by zzang on Jan 23, 2017, 8:29:47 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info