So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear on day 2 like d3?

"
zzang wrote:
"
chaoticwon wrote:

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Maybe it doesnt bother you but it bothers enough people to have a discussion. Im bothered because why play the game with a grindfest algorithm when i can have better gear in a fraction of the time investment?

Play that version then, no one gives a fuck
What are you talking about? In PoE, players already get god like gear in under a week. Trade OP.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Pretty much. Since they want playerbase on xbox they will have to cater to that crowd.
of course, there will be rmt autistic house soon
* Forum Avatar - $500USD
... -- Bex_GGG
"
鬼殺し wrote:
...At any rate I am extremely wary of just how much more hot air GGG can blow into the PoE balloon, which has been inflated at a dangerous rate from Open Beta onwards.

Amen.

They can't balance one game on one platform, how are they going to balance two games on two platforms?

I wonder how much of this was encouraged at the Board level by other (non GGG employee) shareholders and how much is driven by Chris' (rightful) desire to monetise PoE. Of course it must be Chris' decision ultimately, but I'd love to have seen the Board pitch for the move.

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Jan 19, 2017, 8:45:26 PM
I want to see how closely the console version fits the "game we want to play" mantra.

There's a lot about PoE that simply won't fly in that market.

How much will the PC version (and players) be relied on as guinea pigs for the console? Or will the games be so different that they will nearly be of different genres?
I need to get an xbox one if they can get perfect gear since PC your just fucked in the ass by rng time and time again till you quit

Or maybe make it so you can get perfect gear on PC to
"
鬼殺し wrote:
three D2 junkies in that garage somewhere in Auckland would want to play? The honest answer to that would be very interesting.

That wasn't very nice... BTW the best best fucking companies have come out from a garage. The difference between you and that junkie he/she has the cojones. Anyways almost 1am here work in the morning ^,^ Goodnight all.

"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Last edited by solwitch on Jan 20, 2017, 12:43:51 AM
if the game is offline, and the saves are as easily hacked as D3 files are - then people will indeed hack the hell out of this game, and be trying to from day 1.

the thing is, at this moment, no one has said whether or not the game will be available offline, since playing a "always on" game on a console is something consoles tend to shy away from.

so its a double edge sword, if they go offline, then the game will be hacked to hell, if they maintain the online only gameplay then your potential audience is lower.
"
Xavderion wrote:
I was wondering the same. Trade on Xbone will be a shit show without poe.trade. So I can imagine they will balance it more for self found aka better drops.

They might introduce a market place/ auction house/ hall of bidding/ call it what you like.
If this quote (quoted in the "Why were we not told" thread) is real:
"
Chris wrote:
When we started our Xbox One project in 2015, we looked at how other online game communities reacted to the announcement of a console version of those games. While many players were excited, some were disappointed and had a few fears:
  • The fear that development resources would be spent on a version of the game that didn't directly benefit that player.
  • The fear that the PC version would be modified to become more similar to the new console version.

After we saw other communities reacting like this, we internally pledged to make sure that our development of the console version of Path of Exile took these concerns into account.

We hired new team members specifically for the the console project. They were directly responsible for the massive improvements to frame rate, client load times, memory use, as well as the introduction of the 64-bit client, DirectX 11 renderer and new audio system. These changes were immediately released to the PC version as soon as they were available. Even if you're not a console gamer, this project improved the game for you.

They might as well use the same reasoning for an AH, i.e. they know many people are concerned about an AH so they "internally pledged to make sure that our development of the auction house for Path of Exile took these concerns into account."

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info