So will the casual Xbox one player get godlike gear on day 2 like d3?

"
zzang wrote:
"
chaoticwon wrote:

But as far as Xbone players getting geared easier... why give a shit, It has nothing to do with PC?

Maybe it doesnt bother you but it bothers enough people to have a discussion. Im bothered because why play the game with a grindfest algorithm when i can have better gear in a fraction of the time investment?

It would be like a great sellout of PoE core principles for the console port.

I'm sorry, WHAT?

"I WANT a hard core experience, and I hate that the game is turning casual. But if I get the chance, I would prefer the easy version."

Right.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Some wrong way to interpret it. Well done.
"
zzang wrote:
Some wrong way to interpret it. Well done.

You said it yourself, you would've played the console version, proving that there's a market for it.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Guess it would have been more elegant to write it more generally.

The main point was the sell out of PoE core principles IF the scenario is going to happen. Not even sure if i would support (with my money) or play any of both versions then.

And i want to know whats GGG's stance about this.
Last edited by zzang on Jan 19, 2017, 4:28:06 PM
I predict that even with better drops the game would still be more difficult than PC where it would be far easier to trade for what you need.

I don't see GGG using smart drops which tailors the drops to your character.
Standard Forever
"
zzang wrote:

The main point was the sell out of PoE core principles

Sell out? The "hard core" version is still here, on PC, providing the experience to everyone - for free. Your opinion may be that the game has already been dumbed down. But I can guarantee you, that if you started to play this game today, it would feel as complex as it did when you started - if not more.
There's a whole lot of generalizations and name calling going on. There are just as hardcore players on console's. You're not special because you built a pc, get over yourself.

NeverWinter has an auction house that works just fine. It also has nearly as many commands, if not more, than POE has and it is cozy as hell to manipulate with a controller.

There is no reason loot would have to be given away. Console players are more than willing to grind shit out too.

Assuming they are all casual children that buy games with their parents money.. that's just weak. Get a good argument. At least try to be constructive.
Last edited by frenzul on Jan 19, 2017, 4:36:48 PM
Im not sure if people get me wrong by intention or maybe its because my english is very bad as im no native speaker.

"
frenzul wrote:

There is no reason loot would have to be given away. Console players are more than willing to grind shit out too.

It happend in the past (see d3) so there is reason for wory, at leat to me.

"
frenzul wrote:

Assuming they are all casual children that buy games with their parents money.. that's just weak. Get a good argument. At least try to be constructive.

Children shouldnt buy this game under 16 in the first place given the gore. But thats absolutley not the point. I used the word casual as a synonym for very low time investment and not to call out every consolero a casual.
I am trembling with excitement that this might be the start of an optional self found mode on PC version. Once people try playing PoE without trading but with commensurate increase in drop rates, orbs of regret, etc...

But I mustn't get my hopes up.

P.
"
zzang wrote:
As chris stated in an interview that the PC version will be balanced and that balance shall be ported to Xbox if possible and not the other way around.

I was wondering if there will be a casualization in the Xbox version so that casual consoleros will be able to get perfect gear real quick (like it is in diablo 3).

Im wondering because that would actually be the biggest negative downside if the console version comes with a better droprate algorithm (also called RNG).

As why would players feel to continune play the PC version and donate any money if you can reach the same goals much quicker on the console version.

Thats my biggest worry about the console news.

Edit: Im serious with this and would greatly appreciate an official statement.

do you see a problem with that ? i dont easy mode ? = fine

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/c/MrJimGaming

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info