[2.6] Cospri's Forge Lacerate Slayer - Fast clearspeed - Farming Shaper, Guardians, Uber Atziri -

"
karakurtas wrote:
tree and notes are up, any insights?

Without in-game testing I can't say anything definitive but here is a list of notes:

• No items were nerfed and passive tree is the same so DPS is also the same.
  • Some of the buffed uniques might be worth using now, especially Carnage Heart and Starkonja's Head. Blood of the Karui might also be useful. Other league-specific uniques that weren't buffed but will now be much easier to obtain might also be useful.
  • AoE changes might hurt more than I thought they would. The Inc AoE gem is basically useless at this point since there is already so much increased area gained from Starforge itself and passives. AoE in general looks like it will be noticeably smaller. Conc effect is still good for killing bosses, but I think it will be too small for clearing (I would sometimes use it on Uber Atziri trash).
  • Inc AoE gem being so bad presents a problem regarding the choice of support gems for lacerate. The only viable alternatives are Added Chaos and Void Manipulation. Added chaos is just kinda shit overall for this build but it is better than nothing. Void Manipulation would give you more damage but requires a green socket so you can't swap in Conc Effect without another 6link Starforge on weapon swap...
  • Dying Sun is now utter garbage, but that doesn't matter much.
  • In general I think the build will mostly function the same but with less clearspeed. Using flicker for clearing might turn out to be a lot faster now, but since melee splash was also nerfed it is hard to say without testing.

I will update the main post to say 2.6 for now as nothing major has really changed, but most likely I won't test anything until a few days after the league has started.
Ty, I was hoping to try this build in Legacy.
"Ming's Heart" ring looks nice.
Not spoiled by choices concerning support gems for lacerate. Would it be a terrible idea to drop fortify, adding void manipulation with added chaos together? (with Fortify on leap slam.)
What about "Rapid Decay", or it would not work?
"
Euploid wrote:
"
karakurtas wrote:
tree and notes are up, any insights?

Without in-game testing I can't say anything definitive but here is a list of notes:

• AoE changes might hurt more than I thought they would. The Inc AoE gem is basically useless at this point since there is already so much increased area gained from Starforge itself and passives. AoE in general looks like it will be noticeably smaller. Conc effect is still good for killing bosses, but I think it will be too small for clearing (I would sometimes use it on Uber Atziri trash).
  • Inc AoE gem being so bad presents a problem regarding the choice of support gems for lacerate. The only viable alternatives are Added Chaos and Void Manipulation. Added chaos is just kinda shit overall for this build but it is better than nothing. Void Manipulation would give you more damage but requires a green socket so you can't swap in Conc Effect without another 6link Starforge on weapon swap...

I will update the main post to say 2.6 for now as nothing major has really changed, but most likely I won't test anything until a few days after the league has started.

Inc AoE is worse than it was for sure, by a reasonable margin. However, I don't really see anything you could slot in that would increase clearspeed by any reasonable amount instead. If you look at it as an absolute level of AoE rather than relative to its previous AoE, imo it still looks like it's worth using.

Before and Afters with and without Increased AoE:

Lacerate with AoE

Lacerate without AoE

(these are done with all aoe sources from the build excluding starforge aoe bonus because I'm not sure how it factors into the calculations)

It doesn't seem like a big difference without it at first, until you factor in that you're not really going to get anything that will replace the clearspeed advantage of Inc AoE out of really any other gem, even if Inc AoE is significantly worse. A damage gem, as opposed to Inc AoE, will do nothing if you're past the point where you oneshot trash mobs. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!
"
malarix1222 wrote:
Inc AoE is worse than it was for sure, by a reasonable margin. However, I don't really see anything you could slot in that would increase clearspeed by any reasonable amount instead. If you look at it as an absolute level of AoE rather than relative to its previous AoE, imo it still looks like it's worth using.

Before and Afters with and without Increased AoE:

Lacerate with AoE

Lacerate without AoE

(these are done with all aoe sources from the build excluding starforge aoe bonus because I'm not sure how it factors into the calculations)

It doesn't seem like a big difference without it at first, until you factor in that you're not really going to get anything that will replace the clearspeed advantage of Inc AoE out of really any other gem, even if Inc AoE is significantly worse. A damage gem, as opposed to Inc AoE, will do nothing if you're past the point where you oneshot trash mobs. I'd like to hear your thoughts on this!

Yeah, I think you're right in that inc AoE will most likely still be the best choice for clearspeed. As you've already stated most stuff gets oneshot while clearing anyway, so hitting more things at once is always going to be better than marginally increasing damage dealt.
"
karakurtas wrote:
Ty, I was hoping to try this build in Legacy.
"Ming's Heart" ring looks nice.
Not spoiled by choices concerning support gems for lacerate. Would it be a terrible idea to drop fortify, adding void manipulation with added chaos together? (with Fortify on leap slam.)
What about "Rapid Decay", or it would not work?

Ming's heart is gonna be good, but you would have to replace one of the uniques with a rare in order to cap resists.

As for gem links on lacerate, I would just keep them as is. Conc effect is by far the best single-target damage boost available because it double dips, and for clearing you don't need more damage so even if inc aoe is worse than it used to be it will still be the best choice probably.

Dropping fortify is fine but it does make the build weaker defensively, unless you are really good about always leap slamming every 5 seconds to keep fortify up. Rapid decay should work technically, but it would be a lot worse than void manipulation.
Last edited by Euploid on Mar 3, 2017, 7:54:25 AM
A troubling thought occurred - the AoE nerf also hit blasphemy curse radius very hard. At this point, with all AoE buffs, your lacerate radius is actually larger than your curse radius by quite a large margin. Of course it was bigger before anyway, but now it's kind of a ridiculous difference.

You could probably clear an entire map without killing any mob pack that is actually affected by your curses. This hampers your damage pretty badly since you don't get the vulnerability buffs to both your base hit and the poison inflicted, not to mention that ranged mobs almost definitely aren't affected by your temp chains anymore unless you make it a point to stand right on top of them, making them extra dangerous.
Surely it doesn't matter that your damage isn't at full potential if you are killing mobs before they are in the curse radius though?
I was wondering about blasphemy (when it reaches 20lvl) radius, but decided to wait till I get that at some later time in the game. Maybe Champion of the Cause 3 point node at the bottom is worth considering (+40% aura area)? Leadership node is too far.
What´s the reason for not taking Blood Magic and would it be bad to take it ?
"
PathOfGreed wrote:
What´s the reason for not taking Blood Magic and would it be bad to take it ?

2 curses with blasphemy.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info