Put in an auction house with buyout

I love when people say that D3 failed because of the AH. That completely ignores so many of the other problems with the game- some of which D3 still suffers from, mainly build diversity and itemization. D3 will literally never be able to compete with PoE in those aspects, especially since Blizzard seems to treat it like the runt of the litter or something. For me, the SSF thing D3 has going on is the most backwards item system imaginable in a multiplayer game.

As far as I'm concerned, all I want is for there to be some kind of price enforcement. You shouldn't be able to list an item that you have no intention of selling for the purpose of market manipulation or whatever. If you list an exalt at 45c to drive down prices, you should have to sell it for that much. Now yes, sometimes you mistakenly list an item for an extremely low price, but this can be solved a few different ways, including additional dialogue boxes to confirm the listing price.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can't argue this point.

Some people would have the game improved by having an auction house.

Some people would have the game ruined for them if the added one.

You people talk like there's only one type of gamer. There's not. What would happen if they added one? A lot of their supporters would vanish. Would they be replaced? Maybe. Maybe not.

They have to decide if it's worth the risk. Until then, arguing about it is pointless.

Could not agree with you more really.

I should stop arguing with them really. In the end GGG will decide...well they already decided and clearly stated they have no plans to make this happen. I'm happy with it, lets just hope others learn to accept it.

In the end you are very correct to say that adding it it's a risk. Right now we are all her playing without it. Adding it all of a sudden will not bring more players but it will most certainly lose them some. Why would you ever take that risk?

Not only risk. Work making it and support maintaining it. Thats money at the end of the day they are unlikely to recover. No one is leaving because no AH. As much as I loved D3s I know it wont happen but I aint going no where.
Git R Dun!
OP like other ppl who support this idea are right. the others who disagree just dont know the struggle so..
there will never be any AH implemented in game and for good reasons. OP and other people have no clue about AH consequences.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
there will never be any AH implemented in game and for good reasons. OP and other people have no clue about AH consequences.

Maybe you don't have a clue what a good auction house can be like.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
The last two posts illustrate my point so well. Two players with completely different interpretations as to what playing this game means. One plays to find items, and the other wants items to play the game.

Two. Different. Players.

No way you can argue which is right.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
The last two posts illustrate my point so well. Two players with completely different interpretations as to what playing this game means. One plays to find items, and the other wants items to play the game.

Two. Different. Players.

Oh? i know what ggg stands for so i know the game is for grinding:P
reason i want a real ah and not lame ass poe.trade (which is better than nothing i agree) is because of the amount of time u waste using the current "auction house". and shouldn't make people pissed off to begin with.

They should make poe.trade not possible and buff the drop rates or build a decent auction house without the need to whisper a billion people to get a items u need :')

i love grinding if it was a bit more rewarding than it is now. now it's just rewarding if u can faceroll all end game related shit which a lot of players can't even dream of doing.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Two. Different. Players.

no, but you can make a system that works for both players
to the guy that play to find items, it doesnt matter if there is an action house or not, he'll play the game on his own and find his own stuff

to the guy that wants items to play, the auction house would be a huge benefit

right now we have a system that doesnt matter if its there or not for the 1st kind, but its a huge annoyance for the second

Auction House is just a quality of life improvement, it only brings benefits
to all the people crying about bots and market manipulation, those already happen, they wont come with an AH, they already exist
would it make things easier for them ? probably
it would also make it a lot easier to detect and avoid them
also easier to avoid scammers

the problem with an AH and market ruining a game doesnt come from having an AH or not, so to speak
its a lot more like Phrazz said tho, amount of drops and the way they impact game progression are the real problems
tinkering the balance between drop amounts and keeping an economy alive is what kill most games
specially when its easy for bots to farm noobie content for money and destroy the economy with an endless influx of cash
but that is a core game problem, not AH
the way to stop that is getting rid of bots, not getting rid of trade, that would be just stupid

before some schmuk attempt to say its impossible to get rid of bots, its possible to make them less effective to the point where its just not worth running them
the real point is: Is this all worth the trouble for GGG ?
probably not
the amount of work needed to make this is huge, and the revenue you can expect from all that work is close to nonexistent.
unless they hide the AH behind a pay wall, but that would be even more stupid. that would be the kind of thing that ruin games.
The only thing that really bothers me about trading is for example, that you have to interrupt what you do for trading. E.g. if you're in the labyrinth you just whisper back you're doing the lab... once you're done, the potential buyer got his "fix" somewhere else. It would be good if you wouldn't have to be in the same instance to trade. E.g. as seller you can access your stash tab for trading everywhere.
The system we have works for both players. Works well. Traders have a few more hoops to jump through, but they still get stuff 1000x faster than SSF players can expect to.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info