Put in an auction house with buyout

People saying ah ruined D3 i don't get that RMAH sure i agree but not the standart ah i think that was great. then again after the removed it they increased the drop rates with a billion so that's an other way to make a game great.

And what about guild wars 2? their action house don't ruin the game, and u could buy items even when u are not in a town. just saying auction houses don't ruin games bad games ruin games.
"Now all that's left is for you getting on your knees."
if you know thanks me:) i'm dying to find out x'D
"
Necromael wrote:
Play fotm build, farm currency till eyes drop out. I don't see any progression in that unless playing ssf.

At above post, i'm still waiting for an example. You didn't provide it in few posts, I can't take your posts seriously, sorry.

Also I didnt request anything to be implemented, reading comprehension please. If we are to wage forum wars using "logic" and "pettiness".

I provided the prefect example but you refuse to accept it: Diablo 3. It fits in genre and concept completely. Why it's not good enough for you is irrelevant really. Like I said train your gag reflex and try to take this example in because it's what you asked for.

The feature was in D3 and now it's not in. It means it failed otherwise it would make no sense to remove it in the first place. It was a huge gamble from Blizzard to try and pull it off and it backfired potentially ruining a Franchise for many fans.

Why would GGG ever risk doing the same? It makes no sense when someone tested for you already.

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:
Play fotm build, farm currency till eyes drop out. I don't see any progression in that unless playing ssf.

At above post, i'm still waiting for an example. You didn't provide it in few posts, I can't take your posts seriously, sorry.

Also I didnt request anything to be implemented, reading comprehension please. If we are to wage forum wars using "logic" and "pettiness".

I provided the prefect example but you refuse to accept it: Diablo 3. It fits in genre and concept completely. Why it's not good enough for you is irrelevant really. Like I said train your gag reflex and try to take this example in because it's what you asked for.

The feature was in D3 and now it's not in. It means it failed otherwise it would make no sense to remove it in the first place. It was a huge gamble from Blizzard to try and pull it off and it backfired potentially ruining a Franchise for many fans.

Why would GGG ever risk doing the same? It makes no sense when someone tested for you already.

I see that you still have undeniable reasoning issues and stray offtopic constantly and cant get off the D3 horse, I will just copy paste what Mikrotherion said as he actually tried to explain it to you :

"
"
"
Phrazz wrote:

Trading should always be a supplement for efficiency, not a requirement.

The question is, whether it is not already the latter.

@Bone2Flesh
Necromael specifically doubted wiggin's post
"
"
Completed 26 Challengeswiggin wrote:

PRetty much every modern multiplayer game was ruined by having auction house like that, why do you wanna ruin PoE as well?

and asked for a list of those games, and D3 had already been mentioned earlier in this thread. So if you now mention D3 and not even one of the other "every modern multiplayer game"s, this sounds like there are no other good examples of why an AH might be bad.

The burden of proof that an AH would be detrimental lies with the people claiming it would be, especially if their argument runs along the lines of "D3 was ruined because of the AH/ RMAH/ Both and so was every other modern (cf. wiggin) multiplayer game with an AH".

If other people can't think of other games that were ruined and you refuse to name other examples than D3 (and I already stated that at least for me it was not the AH that made me not play D3 anymore; and I think I'm not that unique) but keep on using the AH=ruined game equation, then you have to provide some. If you can and Necromael (or I, for that matter) can't come up with a valid argument why an AH would actually good, then things would be exactly the other way round and the people wanting an AH would have the burden of proof.
As it stands now, there's the claim that an AH would be a bad thing, (only) one example where it might have been a bad thing and a claim that "every modern multiplayer game" was ruined by an AH, without any examples to back it up (the "every" is of course only hyperbole, some more examples than D3 would suffice).

Now Phrazz has a real point, although we can't know whether things would turn out that way without trying it.

Ask majority of people what ruined D3. they will say bad devs and infinite scaling with no real challenge. Check the forums there, I don't see any rmah or ah threads...
Spreading salt since 2006
Last edited by Necromael on Jan 18, 2017, 7:56:29 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Necromael wrote:

First of all you can't really compare D3 and poe reallyxD just because it "didn't" worked for D3 which is your opinion, doesn't mean it couldn't work for poe.
We basicly already have an auction house just not in game so there wouldn't change much just would be easier that's it no more whispering a billion people to finally get what u want.
an ingame auction house could work.

just charge players for putting items into it dependent on itemlevel and add a "unique surcharge".
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
vio wrote:
an ingame auction house could work.

just charge players for putting items into it dependent on itemlevel and add a "unique surcharge".

think it's better to use some kind of limit like can't resell an item u just bought untill 24h have passed or something.
You can't argue this point.

Some people would have the game improved by having an auction house.

Some people would have the game ruined for them if the added one.

You people talk like there's only one type of gamer. There's not. What would happen if they added one? A lot of their supporters would vanish. Would they be replaced? Maybe. Maybe not.

They have to decide if it's worth the risk. Until then, arguing about it is pointless.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You can't argue this point.

Some people would have the game improved by having an auction house.

Some people would have the game ruined for them if the added one.

You people talk like there's only one type of gamer. There's not. What would happen if they added one? A lot of their supporters would vanish. Would they be replaced? Maybe. Maybe not.

They have to decide if it's worth the risk. Until then, arguing about it is pointless.

Could not agree with you more really.

I should stop arguing with them really. In the end GGG will decide...well they already decided and clearly stated they have no plans to make this happen. I'm happy with it, lets just hope others learn to accept it.

In the end you are very correct to say that adding it it's a risk. Right now we are all her playing without it. Adding it all of a sudden will not bring more players but it will most certainly lose them some. Why would you ever take that risk?
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
AH didnt ruin D3 shit itemization and like 1-2 build a class ruined D3. Then there was difficulty on release. Most left before care bear 1.3 patch. I hear it's a better game now but I wont play w/o AH/trade/

If you're gonna have trade AH was ahead of its time. Had faults that coulda been easy corrected but I think blizz liked thier bots turning shit. More turns more profits. Mechanics were solid otherwise.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 18, 2017, 8:56:39 AM
"
Necromael wrote:
"
wiggin wrote:
PRetty much every modern multiplayer game was ruined by having auction house like that, why do you wanna ruin PoE as well?

Please list me those ruined games, I can't think of any.

Me neither, I just failed communicating that.

GGG can't put AH in game anymore even if they wanted, they would look like fools after years and years of repeating what disaster wold it be (like in those other games, totally ruining them and what not).
✠ ✠

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info