[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

[sorry for my bad eng] Switched to Berserker with Vaal Pact to test this build on him. So, the first great thing is that u are always on full hp because of vaal pact, it helps u not to die in breaches, because as Slayer hp regen from leech comes slowly than incoming damage from monsters and im using Carnage Heart, so with Xoph's blood it will be a hell. IDK about toughness because my bers is only lvl 84 so i didnt pick up hp cluster yet and have 5500 atm, slightly less armour cuz way to Iron Reflexes will take too much skill points. I dont know about blood rage, because degen is too high with vaal pact. But i think its worth to switch because even in spite of all these disadvantages the Vaal Pact making u able to facetank every boss. For example i cant facetank Minotaur under his falling boulders even with Carnage Heart cuz the speed rate of leech isnt enough(with slayer). What do u think?Also theres one serious trouble - attack speed is really low. 0,27 attacks per sec.
Last edited by areukiddingme on Mar 29, 2017, 11:47:14 PM
"
nirvanaq wrote:

I use vaal pact, is it a mistake?

The build don't require Vaal Pact but if you wanna use it, I have created a Vaal Pact version of the skill tree. You can check it out.

"
Fedega wrote:
Hi, im having troubles making shaper and Uber atziri seems impossible, can someone tell me if my gear is the problem or what im doing wrong ? (Sorry about my english)

And you can look my tree in my character stab

PD: Im using Redvil´s tree

@Redvil's tree is a little outdated cos it was 2.5. You can consider using this skill tree instead. Also, Redvil mentioned that the build is not recommended for Uber Atziri (even though he managed to clear it) as he feels that it is too tough, especially phase 2 trio.

To fight Shaper, you need to be very familiar with his attack pattern. His hammer slam will 100% 1 shot you (self cast Immortal Call is able to tank it but you need very good timing). The other thing that can kill you will be those vortex. You need to trigger them at the edge of the map or you will not have enough room for maneuver.

"
areukiddingme wrote:
[sorry for my bad eng] Switched to Berserker with Vaal Pact to test this build on him. So, the first great thing is that u are always on full hp because of vaal pact, it helps u not to die in breaches, because as Slayer hp regen from leech comes slowly than incoming damage from monsters and im using Carnage Heart, so with Xoph's blood it will be a hell. IDK about toughness because my bers is only lvl 84 so i didnt pick up hp cluster yet and have 5500 atm, slightly less armour cuz way to Iron Reflexes will take too much skill points. I dont know about blood rage, because degen is too high with vaal pact. But i think its worth to switch because even in spite of all these disadvantages the Vaal Pact making u able to facetank every boss. For example i cant facetank Minotaur under his falling boulders even with Carnage Heart cuz the speed rate of leech isnt enough. What do u think?

I don't run into much issues in breaches without Vaal Pact but you are right that the skill tree does not allow you to face tank end game bosses because of the lack in instant leech that Vaal Pact provides.

Vaal Pact main draw back is the lack of life regen so running Uber Lab is not as friendly. However, you can test this Vaal Pact skill tree out as Slayer. Let me know how you find the adjusted skill tree. :)

EDIT: I see that @areukiddingme has updated his post while I was crafting a reply. Let me answer your question on the attack speed for Cyclone. My SSF guy is running at 5.81 APS. I would recommend you to get as high attack speed as you can for Cyclone. You can check my SSF guy out from my profile.
Last edited by kira1414 on Mar 29, 2017, 11:54:09 PM
So I did some testing on Legacy HC with

and I thought I'd share my findings here to perhaps save people some trouble trying it themselves. Ignore the socket colours, I tried some more chroming after the test.

For starters, good luck trying to get the socket colours GRRBB. The best I could do after nearly 130 chromes was GGRBB which was all I was willing to use. This limited my testing to running Cyclone-FA-Fort-Conc-Inc.Aoe
It managed to get my attack time down to 0.17 (5.7 aps) while spinning. The problem I found was, I was 0.18 before the 15% extra kicked in. So while it was fun running around at 170% movespeed with frenzy charges, flask and Devoto's helm, all the extra attack speed I picked up was largely wasted due to me using the faster attacks gem. Wasted relative to what I had to sacrifice to use the armour. At this stage I did not have wrecking ball (AS nodes) when testing.

What I also had to consider was, with Devoto's helm, blood rage and then taking wrecking ball in the skill tree, I had an attack time of 0.23 or 4.4 aps. So I'm not sure it's worth spending a fortune trying to get GRRBB on Bronns for 1 aps and some increased dmg over the life, res, inc aoe and inc aoe dmg of carcass in softcore or the tank of belly in HC.

IF you magically got GRRBB on a Bronns in softcore, then it would be quite nice and also free up the 3 skill points to wrecking ball. Without the right socket colours though it's not worth it imo.
I dont have a carcass jack but comparing tooltip dps between

in 5 link

and

Cyc - WED - melee phys - elemental focus - fort

hideout cyc dps is..

36,168 with the astral plate

42,182 with bronn's lithe

45,322 while using movement skill cyclone and that buff last 3-4 seconds after you stop spinning.

I'm using a super tanked out version of the passives without any of the axe passives so others dps will be higher.

That is a reaaaally nice 25% dps jump + more movement speed. Mines not even perf rolls.

I need to six link this bad boy...
twitch.tv/VtuberLunartuna
Last edited by Lunartuna on Mar 30, 2017, 2:40:32 AM
adds # to # fire dmg to attacks is better in compare with adds # to # phys dmg to attacks, right?
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
nirvanaq wrote:

I use vaal pact, is it a mistake?

The build don't require Vaal Pact but if you wanna use it, I have created a Vaal Pact version of the skill tree. You can check it out.

"
Fedega wrote:
Hi, im having troubles making shaper and Uber atziri seems impossible, can someone tell me if my gear is the problem or what im doing wrong ? (Sorry about my english)

And you can look my tree in my character stab

PD: Im using Redvil´s tree

@Redvil's tree is a little outdated cos it was 2.5. You can consider using this skill tree instead. Also, Redvil mentioned that the build is not recommended for Uber Atziri (even though he managed to clear it) as he feels that it is too tough, especially phase 2 trio.

To fight Shaper, you need to be very familiar with his attack pattern. His hammer slam will 100% 1 shot you (self cast Immortal Call is able to tank it but you need very good timing). The other thing that can kill you will be those vortex. You need to trigger them at the edge of the map or you will not have enough room for maneuver.

"
areukiddingme wrote:
[sorry for my bad eng] Switched to Berserker with Vaal Pact to test this build on him. So, the first great thing is that u are always on full hp because of vaal pact, it helps u not to die in breaches, because as Slayer hp regen from leech comes slowly than incoming damage from monsters and im using Carnage Heart, so with Xoph's blood it will be a hell. IDK about toughness because my bers is only lvl 84 so i didnt pick up hp cluster yet and have 5500 atm, slightly less armour cuz way to Iron Reflexes will take too much skill points. I dont know about blood rage, because degen is too high with vaal pact. But i think its worth to switch because even in spite of all these disadvantages the Vaal Pact making u able to facetank every boss. For example i cant facetank Minotaur under his falling boulders even with Carnage Heart cuz the speed rate of leech isnt enough. What do u think?

I don't run into much issues in breaches without Vaal Pact but you are right that the skill tree does not allow you to face tank end game bosses because of the lack in instant leech that Vaal Pact provides.

Vaal Pact main draw back is the lack of life regen so running Uber Lab is not as friendly. However, you can test this Vaal Pact skill tree out as Slayer. Let me know how you find the adjusted skill tree. :)

EDIT: I see that @areukiddingme has updated his post while I was crafting a reply. Let me answer your question on the attack speed for Cyclone. My SSF guy is running at 5.81 APS. I would recommend you to get as high attack speed as you can for Cyclone. You can check my SSF guy out from my profile.

Thank you for the reply. About my gear what do you think?
Hi, first of all thank you very much for such a great build.
Spoiler

This is my current gear (running now with Tabula Rasa while trying to at leat link 5l into Carcass Jack). But I feel very... squishy. Got around 3k HP in the end of Merc. Whiat should I change in my gear at the first place?
"
Mastodonic wrote:
So I did some testing on Legacy HC with

and I thought I'd share my findings here to perhaps save people some trouble trying it themselves. Ignore the socket colours, I tried some more chroming after the test.

For starters, good luck trying to get the socket colours GRRBB. The best I could do after nearly 130 chromes was GGRBB which was all I was willing to use. This limited my testing to running Cyclone-FA-Fort-Conc-Inc.Aoe
It managed to get my attack time down to 0.17 (5.7 aps) while spinning. The problem I found was, I was 0.18 before the 15% extra kicked in. So while it was fun running around at 170% movespeed with frenzy charges, flask and Devoto's helm, all the extra attack speed I picked up was largely wasted due to me using the faster attacks gem. Wasted relative to what I had to sacrifice to use the armour. At this stage I did not have wrecking ball (AS nodes) when testing.

What I also had to consider was, with Devoto's helm, blood rage and then taking wrecking ball in the skill tree, I had an attack time of 0.23 or 4.4 aps. So I'm not sure it's worth spending a fortune trying to get GRRBB on Bronns for 1 aps and some increased dmg over the life, res, inc aoe and inc aoe dmg of carcass in softcore or the tank of belly in HC.

IF you magically got GRRBB on a Bronns in softcore, then it would be quite nice and also free up the 3 skill points to wrecking ball. Without the right socket colours though it's not worth it imo.

Thank you for sharing your experience using Bronns. I like how you compare the attack speed with Carcass Jack. Indeed coloring a dex chest will need very good RNG. Even using Vorici bench will likely cost 1000+ chromatics.

And very good comparison on the SC vs HC. Like you said, Bronns probably a softcore chest rather than hardcore because you sacrifice too much toughness for that damage buff. After all, you only live once in hardcore.

"
Lunartuna wrote:
I dont have a carcass jack but comparing tooltip dps between

in 5 link

and

Cyc - WED - melee phys - elemental focus - fort

hideout cyc dps is..

36,168 with the astral plate

42,182 with bronn's lithe

45,322 while using movement skill cyclone and that buff last 3-4 seconds after you stop spinning.

I'm using a super tanked out version of the passives without any of the axe passives so others dps will be higher.

That is a reaaaally nice 25% dps jump + more movement speed. Mines not even perf rolls.

I need to six link this bad boy...

That surely is some good damage figures. You can also consider getting 2 frenzy charges from the skill tree since they are within reach. With Blood Rage, you will have even more attack speed.

"
areukiddingme wrote:
adds # to # fire dmg to attacks is better in compare with adds # to # phys dmg to attacks, right?

Adds # to # physical damage is better. This is because physical damage % is applied on it, follow by fire damage %.

"
Fedega wrote:

Thank you for the reply. About my gear what do you think?

Your gears are good. You can re-roll the fire damage on your Sorrow Circle ring to physical damage. You will get more damage out of it. You can replace Quick Silver with Wise Oak flask (if you are willing to drop the movement speed).

"
Hi, first of all thank you very much for such a great build.
Spoiler

This is my current gear (running now with Tabula Rasa while trying to at leat link 5l into Carcass Jack). But I feel very... squishy. Got around 3k HP in the end of Merc. Whiat should I change in my gear at the first place?

You are missing a lot of life rolls on your gears: belt, 2 rings, and boots. Thus, not taking full advantage of the high life % bonus from the skill tree. Consider replacing them with life versions. If you can, get 60+ life on those slots and your health pool should improve tremendously. :)
1000ish chrome later..

Taking donations of fuse hahah
Just discovered this thing...

I took fortify out of the 6 link and with 5aps this belt keeps fortify up at all times mapping + onslaught when you dont have it from rare/unique kills.

Need more testing on single target bosses but so far looks good!
Last edited by Lunartuna on Mar 30, 2017, 12:27:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info