[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Soo wait, i caan use The Wise oak flask, if i have like 150 fire res 90 cold andd 85 lightning? I still gett more fire dmg, righ?
"
Citronas wrote:
Soo wait, i caan use The Wise oak flask, if i have like 150 fire res 90 cold andd 85 lightning? I still gett more fire dmg, righ?

Yes you can use Wise Oak with those resistance.

Fire will get the penetration and lightning gives you reduced lightning damage taken.
I am level 87 and i run without xoph's build. I am already wearing impresence and single anger watcher's eye but only get 100k dps for cyclone and 5k hp with belly of the beast. also have dying sun flask and every other flasks except taste of hate. What else could i add to improve both stats. (Dps and hp) (Rings are full of resist and added physical and fire damage)
"
tamagoya95 wrote:
I am level 87 and i run without xoph's build. I am already wearing impresence and single anger watcher's eye but only get 100k dps for cyclone and 5k hp with belly of the beast. also have dying sun flask and every other flasks except taste of hate. What else could i add to improve both stats. (Dps and hp) (Rings are full of resist and added physical and fire damage)

Your character profile is hidden so I am not able to provide any assessment.

Ensure you are following the Avatar of Fire skill tree since you are not using Xoph's Blood.

Check out the recommended flasks section. There have been various changes to it since the build was first created so be sure to check that out.
my character is now public. i was able to buy xoph's blood and changed my skill tree. i followed your skill tree on one of your ngamahu/slayer build on your account. and still with all the flasks and rings. i only get 100k damage. pls help. i cant even kill t15 boss.
"
tamagoya95 wrote:
my character is now public. i was able to buy xoph's blood and changed my skill tree. i followed your skill tree on one of your ngamahu/slayer build on your account. and still with all the flasks and rings. i only get 100k damage. pls help. i cant even kill t15 boss.

The following are areas you can look into improving:

• Get 3R2B1G on your 6L Bronn (check gems setup section)
  • Get 2G2B2R on your Ngamahu axe (check gems setup section)
  • Your belt have good resistance roll but it has low life roll. You can look into replacing this
  • Prioritise life roll on your jewels
  • Get Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets. This provide more life and damage
  • Replace ruby flask with Writhing Jar to proc Headsman
  • Refund the 5% skill points from your tree and invest them into Thick Skin. This will give you more life
  • You will want Watcher's Eye that grants "Gain #% of physical damage as fire when affected by Anger"

At level 90, you should have close to 6000 life.
Hello there,

I chose this build for my first poe character, enjoying it so far.

The problem I am facing right now is that i can't keep shaper alive during red elder fight. Is this due to my low dps or am I just bad at the game? :)

I am going to try today again with Frost wall and see how it goes.

Otherwise, I would really appreciate if you could suggest improvements to my build. Thanks in advance.

https://pastebin.com/7VwJP4bv

Update: Frost wall worked like a charm

Last edited by Reopss on Aug 15, 2018, 10:28:30 AM
"
Reopss wrote:
Hello there,

I chose this build for my first poe character, enjoying it so far.

The problem I am facing right now is that i can't keep shaper alive during red elder fight. Is this due to my low dps or am I just bad at the game? :)

I am going to try today again with Frost wall and see how it goes.

Otherwise, I would really appreciate if you could suggest improvements to my build. Thanks in advance.

https://pastebin.com/7VwJP4bv

Update: Frost wall worked like a charm

Looking at your character, here is what I observed:

• Get 3R2B1G on your 6L Bronn (very hard to color but gives the most damage)
  • Get Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets (1 is fine). Intimidation + abyssal jewels give you more damage
  • Get 2R2B2G on your Ngamahu. Check the gems section for recommended setup
  • Use Stygian belt with abyssal jewel. More survival, more damage
  • Replace Basalt with Writhing Jar to proc Headsman
  • Get anti-bleed on your life flask
  • Prioritise life roll on your jewels
  • Get Watcher's Eye with "Gain #% of physical damage as extra fire damage when affected by Anger" (do not get the wrong version)

Good to know that Frost Wall worked. Did you use it to block the projectiles in the fight?
Thanks again for your reply, i really appreciate it as a new player trying to understand some game and build mechanics.

Yes, i used frost wall to block projectiles from hitting shaper and that helped a lot.

Why exactly is 2r2b2g on ngamahu better? I tried simulating it in poebuilder and molten burst does lower damage in that case.

About the gloves, I am very anxious of losing elemental resistances. How much exactly is necessary for comfortable all around play style? From my understanding it is the capped 75% and + 35% to cover elemental weakness on maps.
Last edited by Reopss on Aug 18, 2018, 10:50:19 AM
"
Reopss wrote:
Thanks again for your reply, i really appreciate it as a new player trying to understand some game and build mechanics.

Yes, i used frost wall to block projectiles from hitting shaper and that helped a lot.

Why exactly is 2r2b2g on ngamahu better? I tried simulating it in poebuilder and molten burst does lower damage in that case.

About the gloves, I am very anxious of losing elemental resistances. How much exactly is necessary for comfortable all around play style? From my understanding it is the capped 75% and + 35% to cover elemental weakness on maps.

Combustion provide more damage than Added Fire. It increases the chance to ignite and also provide more burning damage.

Tombfist with 2 abyssal sockets can provide you more life. The 2 jewels can roll resistance and damage on them. The benefit from is too huge to ignore.

Alternatively, you can use a granite flask with anti-curse for elemental weakness maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info