[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

I'm following this build to level 86, everything was fine and fun. But when I tried to do the uber lab, I died couple times. I was never able to complete it. Can someone please take a look at my gears and setups and give me some recommendations? Is it a problem of my setup or anything to improve? BTW, this is my first lvl 86 char. Just started to play this game a month ago. Many thanks.

"
Fireking47 wrote:
I'm following this build to level 86, everything was fine and fun. But when I tried to do the uber lab, I died couple times. I was never able to complete it. Can someone please take a look at my gears and setups and give me some recommendations? Is it a problem of my setup or anything to improve? BTW, this is my first lvl 86 char. Just started to play this game a month ago. Many thanks.

What part of lab are you dying on? The traps or Izaro (and which phase)? Are you using poelab.com as your daily guide? Because Izaro can be easy or hard depending on his phases. Info can be found here:

https://www.poelab.com/izaro-and-phases/

Your equipment has pretty good life rolls other than the Hypnotic Circle Two-Stone Ring. Maybe you've been unfortunate and picked a couple of bad lab days.

Edit: Ah, no 20% culling strike from the Bane of Legends ascendancy yet. I assume you are dying in the 3rd Izaro phase then. Maybe swap in a Culling Strike skill gem on your axe or totem (boots)? It would shorten the third phase. And it would only be used for this one fight. You won't need the gem after you get the ascendancy, but it might give you a slight edge on your first completion.
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 19, 2018, 2:15:29 PM
"
Goofio wrote:
"
Fireking47 wrote:

What part of lab are you dying on? The traps or Izaro (and which phase)? Are you using poelab.com as your daily guide? Because Izaro can be easy or hard depending on his phases. Info can be found here:

https://www.poelab.com/izaro-and-phases/

Your equipment has pretty good life rolls other than the Hypnotic Circle Two-Stone Ring. Maybe you've been unfortunate and picked a couple of bad lab days.

Edit: Ah, no 20% culling strike from the Bane of Legends ascendancy yet. I assume you are dying in the 3rd Izaro phase then. Maybe swap in a Culling Strike skill gem on your axe or totem (boots)? It would shorten the third phase. And it would only be used for this one fight. You won't need the gem after you get the ascendancy, but it might give you a slight edge on your first completion.

Thank you so much for the prompt response. I'll look into the things you recommended. I don't know there is such site poelab.com. Will check it for sure. And you are right, I mostly died on 3rd phase. And the traps killed me too.
"
Fireking47 wrote:
Thank you so much for the prompt response. I'll look into the things you recommended. I don't know there is such site poelab.com. Will check it for sure. And you are right, I mostly died on 3rd phase. And the traps killed me too.

When I'm running lab, I usually bring 3 or even 4 life flasks (or 3+hybrid). Some people will say that's noobish, that you don't need so many life flasks, but I use them to run through the traps and just spam several if I'm getting hit. It works surprisingly well.

Poelab.com lists a bunch of useful items as well (including Pantheon choices):

https://www.poelab.com/useful-items/
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 19, 2018, 3:53:17 PM
Anybody using combustion in either their cyclone or ngamahu's? Wondering what the damage comparisons are considering that extra fire penetration from the ignites
What's your thought about using Vaal Double Strike for single target like bosses?
Got a R-R-R-B-B-G (highest dps) 6L 49% bronn's lithe for sale if someone wants to try this build. Price is 8 exalted.
"
xSigma wrote:
Anybody using combustion in either their cyclone or ngamahu's? Wondering what the damage comparisons are considering that extra fire penetration from the ignites

Combustion is the go-to for axe. Elemental Focus for Cyclone on chest.

"
KnightsAhoy93 wrote:
What's your thought about using Vaal Double Strike for single target like bosses?

Dual Strike only works for dual wield so it won't work for this build.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
xSigma wrote:

Combustion is the go-to for axe. Elemental Focus for Cyclone on chest.

"
KnightsAhoy93 wrote:

Dual Strike only works for dual wield so it won't work for this build.

Double Strike, not Dual Strike :)
"
KnightsAhoy93 wrote:

Double Strike, not Dual Strike :)

My bad. You can have Vaal Double Strike on a 4L setup and have the clones to assist in boss fight.

Possible gem setup (assuming you have Watcher's Eye and 2 abyssal Tombfist:

4L Helm/Boots:
"
Vaal Double Strike + Elemental Damage w/ Attack + Ancestral Warchief + Melee Physical (or Faster Attack)

Leap Slam + Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Blood Rage (or Increased Duration)
or
"
Vaal Double Strike + Elemental Damage w/ Attack + Melee Physical + Maim (or Faster Attack)

Leap Slam + Cast When Damage Taken + Immortal Call + Ancestral Warchief

2 abyssal Tombfist:
"
Anger + Herald of Ash

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info