[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

Played this build during Abyss league. It's still my favorite lab runner; I think I'll use this build again in a future league. Anyway, I managed to craft this double corruption today, I thought you guys might appreciate it:

Wish I had more currency to buy a 12% attack speed axe beforehand. QQ
Any idea on what my priority should be to move forward atm with my gear, besides the flasks and a six link?
Played this build in Abyss and it was my first 90. Back then, I ran Windscream and Enfeeble as my second curse.

This time around I'm just running flammability. Level 75 (still some maturing to do), 4.6k life, 3100 armor, and I feel like everything in yellow maps just trucks me for at least a third of my life, even with non-rippy mods. I am res capped. Current gear is below, and there are some obvious gaps - namely a lack of 6S on Ngamahu, could use a 5th link on cyclone, need to do some more coloring and linking, poor Belly roll - but I feel like I'm missing something. I do have my uber lab points, but my tank feels bad. Am I just being dumb?

Last edited by ConsPark on Jun 16, 2018, 11:59:50 PM
"
ConsPark wrote:
Played this build in Abyss and it was my first 90. Back then, I ran Windscream and Enfeeble as my second curse.

This time around I'm just running flammability. Level 75 (still some maturing to do), 4.6k life, 3100 armor, and I feel like everything in yellow maps just trucks me for at least a third of my life, even with non-rippy mods. I am res capped. Current gear is below, and there are some obvious gaps - namely a lack of 6S on Ngamahu, could use a 5th link on cyclone, need to do some more coloring and linking, poor Belly roll - but I feel like I'm missing something. I do have my uber lab points, but my tank feels bad. Am I just being dumb?

You have pretty good life rolls on most of your stuff, maybe you just need more levels to increase your health pool.

You could also grab a cheap corrupted 6L armor with some life + resists until you can 6L your unique. This is just a basic search, but there are some listed for around 15c with socket colors 2B-2R-2G at http://poe.trade/search/ahunarasitoara (idk if those are the colors you want)
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 17, 2018, 1:25:18 AM
"
Goofio wrote:
"
ConsPark wrote:

You have pretty good life rolls on most of your stuff, maybe you just need more levels to increase your health pool.

You could also grab a cheap corrupted 6L armor with some life + resists until you can 6L your unique. This is just a basic search, but there are some listed for around 15c with socket colors 2B-2R-2G at http://poe.trade/search/ahunarasitoara (idk if those are the colors you want)

thanks for that. As it turns out, 6S on the ngamahu is indirectly a big bonus to survivability - the increased AoE and damage means more damage to leech from. I've also leveled a few times and hit 5.1k life so far. Survivability has gone up a great deal, but packs of porcupines are still often a problem. Trying to train myself to shave off bits of a porcupine pack at a time, unless there's a better trick?
"
ConsPark wrote:
thanks for that. As it turns out, 6S on the ngamahu is indirectly a big bonus to survivability - the increased AoE and damage means more damage to leech from. I've also leveled a few times and hit 5.1k life so far. Survivability has gone up a great deal, but packs of porcupines are still often a problem. Trying to train myself to shave off bits of a porcupine pack at a time, unless there's a better trick?

Yeah, you kind of have to be careful around the porcupines. Endurance charges might help reduce their damage. I'm lazy, so I prefer to just use a Red Dream jewel to accumulate them (expensive), but you could also use an Enduring Cry skill gem.
"
Goofio wrote:
Played this build during Abyss league. It's still my favorite lab runner; I think I'll use this build again in a future league. Anyway, I managed to craft this double corruption today, I thought you guys might appreciate it:

That is a nice corruption.

Well, you can just corrupt more of this axe since the most you lose is a 6 sockets (instead of 6L). ;)

"
Lunarsz wrote:
Any idea on what my priority should be to move forward atm with my gear, besides the flasks and a six link?

Your gears are overall good. You can look into getting a 2 abyssal sockets version of Tombfist. That will be huge damage buff.

6L as you already know, is the next biggest upgrade, follow by Xoph's Heart and Tombfist.

"
ConsPark wrote:

Besides what @Goofio stated, CWDT + Immortal Call will also help.

Popping Basalt (or Taste of Hate) + Granite flasks before engaging them will help too.
"
kira1414 wrote:
"
Goofio wrote:

That is a nice corruption.

Well, you can just corrupt more of this axe since the most you lose is a 6 sockets (instead of 6L). ;)

"
Lunarsz wrote:

Your gears are overall good. You can look into getting a 2 abyssal sockets version of Tombfist. That will be huge damage buff.

6L as you already know, is the next biggest upgrade, follow by Xoph's Heart and Tombfist.

"
ConsPark wrote:

Besides what @Goofio stated, CWDT + Immortal Call will also help.

Popping Basalt (or Taste of Hate) + Granite flasks before engaging them will help too.

Getting the tombfist with 2 abyss sockets would also mean losing one of my links? What should I be dropping the immortal call, herald setup, or leap?
Last edited by Lunarsz on Jun 17, 2018, 1:00:37 PM
which would be better for hc? Slayer, champion or chieftain? thnx
"
Lunarsz wrote:
Getting the tombfist with 2 abyss sockets would also mean losing one of my links? What should I be dropping the immortal call, herald setup, or leap?

Keep Leap Slam, but remove 2 of its support gems. Pick out of: Life Gain on Hit, Onslaught, or Faster Attacks Support. Then move your existing glove gems to your boots, and your 2 remaining boot gems to your 2-socket Tombfists.
Last edited by Goofio on Jun 18, 2018, 3:09:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info