[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Your Ngamahu axe pDPS is on the low end. You will want 410 pDPS and at least 11% increased attack speed on Ngamahu.

I didn't know that make much difference, gonna grab me another axe then.

"
You do not have Fortify gem linked to Leap Slam or Cyclone. You will be taking a lot more damage without it.

That. I think that is one of my problems, i haven't linked Fortify, because i use Champion node in the ascendency tree, but that just works for general mapping, not for bosses, since i have to kill something to proc the Fortify.

"
Your Cyclone is using Increased Area gem instead of Concentrated. You will want to use Concentrated against end game boss like Shaper.

Don't mind that, i interchange those, Increased Area for general mapping and Concentrated for (tough) bosses.

"
Shaper's Slam and beam attacks can both be evaded. When he disappear, just leap away and you will be able avoid his slam attack. For the beam, just cyclone behind him and the beam won't be dealing damage on you.

Yeah man, i think that is my second problem: a matter of getting good. I watched some youtube videos about killing the Shaper, but nothing like practice, to bad that each try costs me around 60c...

"
For jewels, focus on life roll over damage roll. At level 90, your life should be around 6000. 5500 is little on the low side.

Right, gonna aim for 6k of life then.

As for your other items recommendations i already had those in mind, since i follow your changes in the build, but those are gonna be too expensive for me right now, and like i said in my original post i think my damage is not the problem - the first Shaper fase ended in a couple of minutes or so (most time was because of dying and having to come back)

Thanks for the reply.
Last edited by auri_19 on May 22, 2018, 10:01:40 AM
Is this build still strong for clear speed?
"
Naught1JJ wrote:
Is this build still strong for clear speed?

Yes. It is still strong. :)
Are you planning to update this build for 3.3?

I'm looking for a build to start off the league as an uber lab farmer. And I've never played Cyclone before, so bonus there. Plan is to level with Sunder until I can afford the Ngamahu weapon. How does this build do as a starter?
"
bazqux wrote:

I'm looking for a build to start off the league as an uber lab farmer. And I've never played Cyclone before, so bonus there. Plan is to level with Sunder until I can afford the Ngamahu weapon. How does this build do as a starter?

Doesn't need updating. 3.3.0 doesn't change anything that affects this build.
"
bazqux wrote:

Will definitely be updating the guide for 3.3 when the new skill tree is revealed.

At this point, just like what @Soradras stated, I don't expect any changes to the skill tree.

However, I do expect a minor change in gems setup. Especially for Cyclone. Replacing Elemental Focus with Combustion (i.e. new name for Chance to Ignite). But we shall see. :)

EDIT: This build is great as a league starter as you just need Ngamahu and 5L chest and you will be able to farm Uber lab.
Last edited by kira1414 on May 26, 2018, 1:33:44 AM
Hey, I played this in a previous league and am thinking about playing it again for 3.3

What is the reason for the Worm flask?

Also, after reading the pros and cons in the ascendancy list, I feel like Slayer still sounds like the best choice, despite the Champ's prowess since 3.2.

Would you agree? I mean, Cyclone grants stun immunity, Slayer grants bleed immunity while leeching and overleech. Champion might have more damage from his 100% hit chance that allows for an easy Ele Overload integration..

edit: I just plugged my Slayer into PoB and it appears that between Worthy Foe, Elemental Overload and a sixth damage link on Cyclone, the Champ doesn't only deal "slightly" more damage.
Sure, Slayer could also get Ele Overload, but that has a cost whereas it's free for the Champ.

Am I missing anything?
Last edited by Solmyr77 on May 28, 2018, 4:09:06 PM
I think the worms are for the extra 20% damage you get from headsman. Just insures you have something to kill when on single targets like bosses.
"
Basett wrote:
I think the worms are for the extra 20% damage you get from headsman. Just insures you have something to kill when on single targets like bosses.

I see, thanks. Must've changed with the 3.2 patch for I didn't have that flask before.

But this means, for a Champ (which I'm leaning towards now), it is pointless..(?)

I've loaded both lvl90 EO trees into the PoB of my old Slayer and with his gear (not accuracy focused obviously), Champ is miles ahead in damage. Culling can't make up for that gap.
"
Solmyr77 wrote:
Hey, I played this in a previous league and am thinking about playing it again for 3.3

What is the reason for the Worm flask?

Also, after reading the pros and cons in the ascendancy list, I feel like Slayer still sounds like the best choice, despite the Champ's prowess since 3.2.

Would you agree? I mean, Cyclone grants stun immunity, Slayer grants bleed immunity while leeching and overleech. Champion might have more damage from his 100% hit chance that allows for an easy Ele Overload integration..

edit: I just plugged my Slayer into PoB and it appears that between Worthy Foe, Elemental Overload and a sixth damage link on Cyclone, the Champ doesn't only deal "slightly" more damage.
Sure, Slayer could also get Ele Overload, but that has a cost whereas it's free for the Champ.

Am I missing anything?

As mentioned by @Basett, Writhing flask is to proc Headsman (Slayer ascendancy).

Champion has better EO damage output but Slayer has better survivability (especially if you take up Vaal Pact).

And don't forget, there is also Chieftain and Scion.

Among all classes, Chieftain has the highest EO damage and cheapest to gear.

Pretty much comes down to your choices.

"
Solmyr77 wrote:

I see, thanks. Must've changed with the 3.2 patch for I didn't have that flask before.

But this means, for a Champ (which I'm leaning towards now), it is pointless..(?)

I've loaded both lvl90 EO trees into the PoB of my old Slayer and with his gear (not accuracy focused obviously), Champ is miles ahead in damage. Culling can't make up for that gap.

Writhing flask will not be useful for Champion and you can replace that with an anti-freeze quick silver flask + anti-bleed 50% instant heal life flask instead.

For accurate comparison between Slayer and Champion, you will definitely want to use accuracy gears on your Slayer. The chance to hit is very important for EO builds. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info