[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Sicarax wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked before in this thread, but 200+ posts takes a bit to read through:

Would it be a good idea to run a 4 or 5 link Cyclone for clearing, 5 link chest setup for Molten Strike single target for bosses (I only have a 5L Belly)?

I'm trying to think of a way to improve single target without being socket starved

edit: if anyone was interested in the same, I sort of adapted EE's build. I put molten strike 5 link in my Belly, Cyclone in my helm, Molten burst support on the axe still, CWDT on boots, Leap slam and auras on my gloves. Cyclone feels about the same, Molten Strike tears single damage apart. The on ly issue is even with Conc Effect, I think the balls are too far out from Point Blank's bonus but I could be wrong

Balls are still within Point Blank's buff range as shown in this picture:

EDIT: Molten Strike is definitely a good single target setup as listed in the guide. If you have the currency, you can even have Molten Strike in an alternate 6L chest so that you can swap out for boss fights.

Drawbacks would be that you need 2 replace 2 jewel sockets with Wildfire jewel and you will need to face tank more often due to the stationary pose.

"
Kultivators wrote:
Thnx for your advices, i killed atlast that shaper :)

Congrats on the Shaper kill!

"
BattleToad_ wrote:
Hey man, I'm using this to map and I cannot see why I would want to use fortify, 20% reduced damage taken is great, however assuming ultimate speed its useless outside of that, essentially running a 5l as fortify supports melee physical, which we are not, we are melee fire. Assuming my life can handle it with the armor I have, what is a better gem to take thats not fortify?

Fortify is great because you are always in close range with mobs and the damage reduction from the gem provide huge safety net.

However, if you so choose, you can replace Fortify with Added Fire.

"
tkensei wrote:
I'm wondering wouldn't Concentrated Effect provide more damage than Increased Area of Effect for our 6L chest? Like for single target bosses?

It is mentioned in the guide that you will swap Increased Area of Effect with Concentrated Effect for boss fights (e.g. T15+ bosses). :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Oct 22, 2017, 12:05:22 AM
Sorry if this has been asked already, in the guide it is mentioned that for pure (and perhaps more) damage we can use Elemental Focus Support Gem, but this gem will remove the Ignite DoT as I can understand as it says (Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments). Now the tree for this Gems setup did not change much from DoT gem setup version and I still can see nodes selected which buff damage from Ailments, like Wrecking Ball and Destroyer nodes which have "20% (or 25%) increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Two Handed Weapon", are those buffs will be wasted when using Elemental Focus Support Gem?

EDIT: and also, I have some items that buff "Burning" damage (like in the Jewels), will this buff works with Elemental Focus Support Gem (considering burning damage comes from the Ignite/Ailments as I understood)?
Last edited by SalanMH3 on Oct 22, 2017, 1:51:50 AM
Hi,

may I ask whats the difference between fire damage and elemental damage with attack skills? For my rings does getting more fire damage over ele damage with attack make a difference or are they similar? Thanks
Hi guys

I was able to clear uberlab at lvl 74. However i have not picked up the avatar of fire node yet. Should i still get it or should i just go for more hp as i think i am not tanky enough?

Also can someone help see my character and see what can i do to improve it now? The dps feels quite low though.

Thanks in advance!
"
Kenoue wrote:
Hi guys

I was able to clear uberlab at lvl 74. However i have not picked up the avatar of fire node yet. Should i still get it or should i just go for more hp as i think i am not tanky enough?

Also can someone help see my character and see what can i do to improve it now? The dps feels quite low though.

Thanks in advance!

You have almost no life on gear, get Avatar of Fire if you need damage, for more hp i would get rare boots, rare amulet, replace Sybil, higher hp gloves/ring/belt, also 1 Basalt instead of 2 life flasks, and probably a Quicksilver
Hi Guys

I have changed some gears and gotten a xoph's blood. I realised my dps dropped significantly. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Edit:
Realised I forgot to change my gems out. Sorry for the mistake!
Last edited by Kenoue on Oct 23, 2017, 3:05:12 AM
"
Kenoue wrote:
Hi Guys

I have changed some gears and gotten a xoph's blood. I realised my dps dropped significantly. Is this normal or am i doing something wrong?

Edit:

I recommend replacing the Atziri's flask for Quicksilver with anti-freeze, you can't do non-fire damage so Atziri's gives you 0 damage now, and replace the life flask with anti-freeze for a Dying Sun for mapping
"
Phosphenez wrote:
"
Kenoue wrote:
Hi Guys

Edit:

I recommend replacing the Atziri's flask for Quicksilver with anti-freeze, you can't do non-fire damage so Atziri's gives you 0 damage now, and replace the life flask with anti-freeze for a Dying Sun for mapping

Thank you so much for the help. Gotten them and see a boost as well as improvement in mappings. Really appreciate it!
I really love this build. But i have a question, i want to use Bronns, but how am i supposed to get high life with Bronns?

I have %life on all my jewels, but when switching from belly to bronn, i almost lose 1k life, which isnt really a surprise.

Please, enlighten me daddy <3
"
SalanMH3 wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked already, in the guide it is mentioned that for pure (and perhaps more) damage we can use Elemental Focus Support Gem, but this gem will remove the Ignite DoT as I can understand as it says (Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments). Now the tree for this Gems setup did not change much from DoT gem setup version and I still can see nodes selected which buff damage from Ailments, like Wrecking Ball and Destroyer nodes which have "20% (or 25%) increased Damage with Ailments from Attack Skills while wielding a Two Handed Weapon", are those buffs will be wasted when using Elemental Focus Support Gem?

EDIT: and also, I have some items that buff "Burning" damage (like in the Jewels), will this buff works with Elemental Focus Support Gem (considering burning damage comes from the Ignite/Ailments as I understood)?

Elemental Focus negate the ailments and the buff from those nodes will not be in effect.

The same goes with burning damage (they will not work) if you are using Elemental Focus gem.

You are not losing much damage over here because Elemental Focus is a More modifier whereas the 2 skill nodes are Increased modifier.

"
Hi,

may I ask whats the difference between fire damage and elemental damage with attack skills? For my rings does getting more fire damage over ele damage with attack make a difference or are they similar? Thanks

Fire damage is applied only to the fire portion of damage that you deal. Elemental damage with attack skills (attack = uses weapon to do damage) applies to all elements damage that you deal.

"
Freddydaking wrote:
I really love this build. But i have a question, i want to use Bronns, but how am i supposed to get high life with Bronns?

I have %life on all my jewels, but when switching from belly to bronn, i almost lose 1k life, which isnt really a surprise.

Please, enlighten me daddy <3

You can reach 6500 wearing Bronn at level 95 (more character levels makes you gain more life too). You will want high life rolls on all your rare slots and life % jewels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info