[3.17] For Slayer / Champion - Ngamahu Cyclone / Consecrated Path / Tectonic Slam

"
Fuzzballx wrote:
I think i achieved final form tonight, at last. Just stocking up on harbingers orbs now waiting for the league improvement while i get a bigger map collection and keep trying for enchant, it's been a crazy couple of weeks.

Huge thanks for the build. My favorite in a while.
Spoiler

And 4 amazing jewels.

phys axe, axe speed, atk speed, intel
phys axe, projectile dam, intel, life
phys dam, phys axe, atk speed
fire dam, light res, atk speed

I am feeling serious power, can't wait to try the guardiants and shaper now, got 2 T16s but just focusing on stocking up for harbinger maps atm where i plan to get a ton of T15/16 drops:)

You don't need pyhysical to lightning gem in your axe. Use conc effect instead.

"
Kefka92 wrote:
Can this build do endgame content without a Xoph's? Shaper, Uber Aztiri, and T15+ maps and Guardians? All the videos I see are with a Xophs? Has anyone done it without?

I have done Minotaur, Phoenix and Hydra withotu xophs. Going to try shaper only when i'll get it.
Last edited by JuztBe on Aug 16, 2017, 4:01:42 AM
"
kewmew wrote:
For some reason im having some real trouble clearing ever t8 maps,im wondering what im doing wrong?Would you take a look at my character (FekaaliKörgsurvePump) and see what i could improve upon.(Xoph amulet is far too expencive for me right now,and working on socketing/linking a bronn's)

You can roll life no your Skull Eye ring and replace Carnage Heart with a high life roll rare amulet.

Check out the flasks section for flask setup that you should be using. Flask management is very important when you engage in a fight.

"
IInferno wrote:
How big of a dps loss is not using flammability? Seem's like warlord's mark in its place is a huge QOL improvement at the cost of damage. Unless of course the loss in damage is too great.

Flammability lowers monster resistance so the damage lose from that is significant on white mobs but not so significant on bosses with high elemental resistance.

For regular mapping, you can certainly drop Flammability.

"
Destt27 wrote:
I'm confused about which tree to go if I don't have xoth's blood amulet (its very expensive)
My understanding is I either follow the normal passive tree and get VOIDHEART BLEED ring

Or

I get one of the alternate amulets and do the skill tree that gets avatar of fire.

Questions are..
do I have this right?
Which option should I go? voidheart ring or alt amulet and avatar of fire. The voidheart ring and Alt amulet cost about the same so not sure which is the better option
If voidheart is better, what amulet should I be looking for for the void heart ring set up?

I recommend you to pick Avatar of Fire skill tree. You just need to respec when you got your hands on Xoph's Blood.

"
Icaros wrote:
Loving this build. Converted my DW Sunder Slayer, and this is such a huge upgrade on single target, plus constantly moving just feels better.

Had a thought regarding the non-Xoph's blood versions, since that thing is mad expensive right now: using Physical to Lightning without avatar of fire might end up superior, damage wise to avatar of fire on the tree. With the change to shock, we could pretty consistently shock. It also opens up the possibility of vinktar for insane leech, and atziri's promise (doesn't work with AoF). Would also like to test it with Yugul ascendancy and reflect. If I understand the mechanics correctly, fire and lightning would each be a separate "bucket" of damage on reflect, making the pantheon power apply to each separately, then further mitigated by our resists. Combined, that might open the possibility of dropping Sibyl's for a stronger ring.

Anyone tested a setup like this?

I ran both Voidheart and Avatar of Fire version in previous SSF league and I have to say back then, Avatar of Fire perform much better when it comes to damage.

"
Can you guys kill the racecourse bosses just fine? I'm thinking about shaping it and worried about the reflect aura.

Shaping Racecourse is fine. You can always wait for the bull's aura to wear off before engaging him.

"
Kefka92 wrote:
Can this build even do end game content without Xoph's? Uber Aztiri, Guardians, and Shaper? Or is it just good for labs and T14 maps without a Xoph's?

Should be feasible but personally I have not attempt end game content before without Xoph's Blood.

"
Knytestorme wrote:
Thanks for this guide.

I had a Ngamahu drop for me while leveling RF character and been wanting to add a slayer to my lineup for some time so gave this a shot and it lives up to the claims. Last night I tried uber lab at 75, I got to phase 3 Izaro with the character in my profile and almost had him in execute range when he ported me on to a romba and I didn't react quickly enough.

To put this in perspective, the only other chaarcter I have with an uber ascendency (ever) is the RF from this league that a friend running golems carried me to and that still needed until level 8x to make it through to the last fight.

This build is insane and is one of the most fun builds I've ever played in PoE so thanks OP for the guide, and thanks RNG for dropping me the axe or I'd have never found this great fun :)

Glad you are having a blast with the build. May the RNG be with you. :)

"
Moemed wrote:
How well would this build work going with Scion? Can get elementalist to help with reflect and raider/slayer for the second ascendancy. Something like this

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.0.0/AAAABAABAQBeAdwFLQguCdkOPBGBFHEYkRmKGY4dwiBZIWAh0CKvIuoj9io4LIUuUzB3MHwxnjIBNZI11jboN9Q4UzpSPs9DMUUKR35Nkk3jUUdYr1n-Whph62OnZFJlTWhlbydvO3TtdPF1y3asdud343gNeHp4-XpTeu97bnvDfNl9dX7dfyuCB4LkhMWE2YTvhmCHao19jbmPYJARlwaXIZpqmyabjZu1o4qmV6avqSepbqmUshm18rvjvJ-9Nr3mvqe-vMAawXzBo8MzwzrEospGz3rPftNv037Yvdl82sHdRuJh4q3qGOpi7T_tg-4O73rz3fTG9zL46_1u_o_-ug==

A number of people have asked me the same question and I have decided to put up a Scion version of the build.

The build uses Elementalist and Champion. Slayer is lack luster for Scion.

Also, Champion provides permanent fortify so the Fortify gem is replaced by Added Fire Damage gem instead for more damage.

"
upnadamatom wrote:
voidheart + xoph's doesnt work does it? also kaoms boots with +1 frenzy worth a look?

With Xoph, you deal 0 physical damage so Voidheart won't work.

The only good thing about Kaom's Root will be for chilling maps and it's anti-freeze ability which allows you to drop anti-freeze flask. If you can deal with Kaom's Root 0 movement speed, you can certainly give it a go.

"
Valant wrote:
I bought a Ngamahu last night but missing every other piece.

I followed Mathil sunder slayer build. Should I refund and regret orb to achieve the tree in original post?

I would recommend you to do the refunds since the tree in the guide is optimized for the build.

"
dbush2765 wrote:
Has anyone tried using the Ruthless gem with this, yet? Curious if the attack speed hits a point where Ruthless does better than Melee Phys Damage.

Also, with the changes to Ignite, is it now better to always run Elemental Focus in the axe? Or is the Ignite setup still worth going for?

Based on PathofBuilding, Ruthless gem gives an overall DPS drop as compared.

Either setup will still be great so I would go for whichever color shows up first to save some currencies.

"
Darkonyan wrote:
How good Gang's Momentum
Legion Boots with this build ?

Gang's Momentum provide good damage boost at the cost of toughness. If you feel that you don't have issues surviving in end game maps with that equipped, you can certainly go for it.

"
Shadowfuri wrote:
I've just specced into Avatar of fire and have a few quick questions! After speccing into Avatar of Fire is it more important to obtain increased physical damage rolls or increased fire damage rolls since only half the physical damage will convert to fire damage.

I'm also not quite sure on the use of Bronn's Lithe and Devotos, I have both at this point in time but am worried that with both these pieces I will be too glass cannon. My goal is to quickly and efficiently clear end game maps, would Belly of the beast be better for this? I'd just like to know before I go ahead and gear around this specific gear.

Increased Physical damage > Increased Fire damage because the former raises the base before fire damage is applied on it.

On Bronn and Devoto, these 2 pieces provide huge damage boost to the build so for end game content, they are pretty much BIS.

If you are focusing on leveling, you can either go for Cospri's Will or Belly + Windscream combo, allowing you to run dual curse (flammability + enfeeble) for more survival.

Note: Even without Bronn and Devoto, it is still possible to clear Shaper and Uber Atziri (as proven by @Bymen).

"
Fuzzballx wrote:

Huge thanks for the build. My favorite in a while.
Spoiler

Glad you liked the build. :)

And a good catch by @JuztBe, replace the Physical to Lightning gem in your axe with Concentrated Effect. You are losing damage over there.

"
Aresius911 wrote:
Hey,nice guide!!!

I have a question for you. How do you cap your lightning resist. With your gear, jewel and passive node, u only have 98 lightning resist and 133 with the flask.

Also faster attack instead of melee physical ia better for fast clearing?

Sry for my english

Thx you

My resistances are cap without flask.

My gears and jewels are listed in the Shaper kill section. The defense stats are also shown there. You can take a look at them. :)

"
JuztBe wrote:

I have done Minotaur, Phoenix and Hydra withotu xophs. Going to try shaper only when i'll get it.

Keep us posted with your Shaper result. :)
Last edited by kira1414 on Aug 16, 2017, 4:52:16 AM
hey i really enjoy this build, was sceptic at first.. but iam pushing easy t11 maps atm with voidheart but wouldnt an elemente-dmg ring offer me? also what could i also improve? i know i messed up my flasks a bit
Would you say its worth buying perfect roll Ngamahu (230% with 12% as) to replace my (226% with 11%) as 170c investment?
Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone has any tips to increase my Life leech rate?

It's currently at 190% and i'm just finding it a bit low.

Cheers
What's a better chest piece bronn's or carcass? i don't know what to get (5L)
hey kira, thank you for the detailed guide! ive been following religiously and am having a lot of fun :) i just got my 5L bronns last night, so major upg for me now are 6L bronns, Xophs, Dying Sun, Taste of Hate. What order would you recommend I get them in and how much of a boost do they each represent? TY!
Everybody lies.
does xoph's blood work with voidheart? i have a legacy voidheart and wanna use it :(
"
upnadamatom wrote:
does xoph's blood work with voidheart? i have a legacy voidheart and wanna use it :(

No :/
i can use at the same time? or 1 in 2

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info