Eruerufu's CwC Firestorm Assassin - much damage yes.

"
Gameexe wrote:
"
xSyK0TiC wrote:
Check it, 3 curses 11k ES

map deeps and defense.

Only thing I cant figure out is how you leech so well. Seems I barely leech.

Agreed, the DPS is great but I can't leech jack...

I am trying to get boot enchants and have Atziri's promise but it hardly leeches anything.

I have no idea how he face-tanks Shaper like that, no way could do that.

Some advise would be great.

The facetank is only when he activates Atziri's flask.

If you want to have that permanent, you would have to invest on double/triple curse so that you have warlord's mark added to the mix and this.

The most efficient way to reach the 5 corrupted items would be 2 corrupted Consuming Darks of course, since they are cheap as hell, maybe a corrupted Chayula with +1 curse and 2 rings with any outcome or (in the case of triple cursing) maybe gloves with Vuln on hit which will allow you to keep the Discipline AND increase your poison damage.

PS: If you achieve this, your build will also become able to start abusing Vinktar's insane leech.
Last edited by Apos91 on Apr 2, 2017, 7:41:08 PM
given the stuoid high dps you get its actually not that bad to run LL gem instead of inc duration IF you haveing issues.

so far ive had no issues at all and this is my go to boss killer.

Hi, I'm getting one shot by Minotaur, I am at 8300 ES is that not enough?

Also what's the reason to get spell crit on this build? I see alot of it on the tree. I thought poison doesn't crit and our majority of damage comes from poison?

edit: stupid me. Assassin's will apply 100% more poison damage when it is triggered by a critical hit.
Last edited by llindvior on Apr 18, 2017, 10:20:38 PM
Played this build through legacy league and I've found great success (this is the second temp league I've ever played). Going to link my gear and then share some thoughts on the build

10.4k ES atm and ele weakness capped. Could hit 10.7-8 if I can get / craft percent energy shield on my elreon ring. Dont really feel the need atm as I am deathlessly farming guardians and shaper (and uber izaro, although this build is a bit overkill for him)

only things I really have left to do as far as gearing are multimod percent ES on my elreon ring and find a good helmet with the "40 percent increased firestorm duration" enchant. This is the best enchant for this build, as it ends up being an 18% double dipping MORE multiplier on your damage (assuming you have a 21/20 inc duration gem and all the duration nodes from OP's tree).

first off, I see multiple people in this thread asking "how do you leech through shaper beam?"

OP's post is very helpful but by no means a thorough guide, so I think some of the very important details may have eluded some people.

First off, wither totem is VERY important for this build. Some of the gear people are linking sacrifices the wither totem for a second curse setup or something else. This character doesn't scale cast speed at all (kind of the point behind going CwC--you end up casting firestorm as fast as a character with ~200% inc cast speed with none of the investment) which means that your main 6L setup builds wither stacks VERY SLOWLY. Wither is a stacking debuff which will give you 140% double dipping increased damage once it reaches its maximum of twenty stacks. Any time you need serious leech / damage against a boss, you should be trying to hit these 20 stacks ASAP. Wither totem's stacks will cut the time taken to reach 20 wither stacks by about sixty percent if you have it linked to a maxed out faster casting gem.

tl;dr: DONT GIVE UP YOUR WITHER TOTEM 4L

Second comes something I figured out the hard way--it is VERY important that you have many firestorms stacked up when you need damage / leech. This build primarily scales damage through increased duration. To reach maximal DPS, you need to have as many firestorms overlapping as possible. Because this build scales the duration of firestorm, it takes a fair bit of time before the end of your first channeled firestorm overlaps with the start of your most recent one. This is the point at which your character will attain maximal leech.

tl;dr: FACETANK UNDER OVERLAPPING FIRESTORMS

By paying attention to these two details, this character struggles through NONE of the endgame content. Not even poison immune guardians. In fact, I find the chimera fight to be the easiest (though not the fastest, obviously) of the endgame guardians. There's literally no way to mess up the fight once you understand this character's leech mechanics.

regarding skyforths:

not at all neccessary but IMO a huge quality of life improvement. Being able to lose the orb of storms setup for power charge generation lets you throw in faster attacks - whirling blades - fortify which will increase your clear / movement speed and give your character access to fortify. They also free up your amulet slot for a talisman / essence craft for further increased damage and save you a skill point (the mana reservation node under CI).

This is a great league to play this character. The inclusion of talismans gives great choices for your amulet slot once you get skyforths (besides the usual envy essence crafts)

Weaknesses:

1. Leveling this character is a pain. I tried leveling it using cwc blade flurry / bladefall to take advantage of the poison / phys nodes near shadow start. Also specced the physical side of the phys / chaos wheel to the right of CI and respecced out of it once I was leveled enough to use consuming darks. Has anyone else found a smoother leveling setup?

2. Mapping is slow. No way around it. On the bright side, this build does every mod (although I roll past temp chains / no leech) and is very safe even in T16 double beyond. To make up for the lack of clear speed, I've found that completing your atlas and just chaining T15 and 16 maps with double beyond gives you decent return on time invested. Legacy league, with all the crazy ways of stacking IIQ / IIR and packing maps with extra magic and rare monsters, gives you great map returns when running high tier maps. My mapping is two thirds T15 / guardians and one third running T14s that drop good item bases (springs, palace, etc). No need to ever buy maps, and you generate lots of extra T13s you can sell.

3. This build is only as easy to play as OP makes it look once you understand it well. Thanks to the fact that you move slowly and need to be stationary to do damage (and have any leech), you need solid understanding of enemies, league mechanics, and bosses (e.g. don't throw nemesis on a map with double onslaught / beyond, because volatiles will spawn in your face and there's no way you can move back in time)

Conclusion: All in all, a great way to bid farewell to double dipping. I'll post again in this thread with some videos of boss runs, as it looks like OP is running new builds for legacy league.
Last edited by likemy on May 8, 2017, 2:31:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info