[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
Furiouso wrote:

Hi All,

This is my current gear, still waiting to upgrade a few items but i am all resist capped and currently around 8200es.

1 Question i got to ask i am running stone golem with 7 auras.
How am i suppose to get my 8th?

I cant see a possible way

Get the 5% reduced mana mod on your helmet. If you have all of the necessary passives, you'll be fine to get 8 auras. The 1% doesn't seem like much, but it's the rounding that gets people.

By the way, your gear looks great. I'm normally the one to pick apart gear, but you've got your stuff squared away well. My only suggestion is to get rid of all of the max life master crafts. I assume those are in place to avoid the stone golem enchant on your helmet. It might be worth crafting yourself a helm to allow for better master crafts -- just a thought...

Pop a new 5% reduced helmet on, which shouldn't be a chore because you're already res capped without any res on the helmet, and you'll be flying.
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 26, 2017, 6:49:17 AM
"
Incurus wrote:
Firstly, thanks to all the contributors here your advice is awesome! I'm new to the game and finally at the stage where I'm beginning to map and to try and earn currency. Was hoping you guys could give me some advice on what to focus on first (i have very little currency right now) really enjoying the build in my current quasi state so looking forward to getting it better. Thanks (made my character public)

I made a small guide on page 52 for another guy, who was even in worser gear phase than yours, maybe you can look there.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1816896/page/52
Sory for the dumb question. I have a 150% golem enchant helm already but its only 4% mana reserved. Does this mean conqueror's efficiency jewel is a must? because i have that jewel and after looking at your previous character the 3% from helm and 2% from gem is enough to run all the auras i presume? (including all the passive tree) or is there any changes to it? sory if this was asked previously. thanks in advance.

EDIT: found about this in your guide. sorry didnt notice it previously :D
For anyone that needs it its under tips and tricks (helm crafting)
"Every force you create has an echo, your own bad energy will be your undoing"
Last edited by KingReaperYul on Mar 26, 2017, 7:18:17 AM
Got insanely lucky last night/this morning and found 3 exalts. Decided to pick up a United in Dream. My rares really aren't that good and I need purity for capped resists. Which aura is best to drop if not purity?

I was thinking of dropping either grace or envy. Any tips? Gear below, thanks!

And really loving this build BTW. With MF gear on (before I had the united in dream) I was able to clear a ton of 13-15 maps. Had a couple deaths and issues on two t14's with twinned bosses/bad mods. Haven't done any content at all yet with the cutlass, gonna hop in to see how much more damage I'm doing now.

Edit: second map in found another exalt..!

Spoiler
Last edited by msupr on Mar 26, 2017, 4:12:45 PM
Did all the guardians. The only one I had trouble on was minotaur. I ripped 3 maps (prob shouldn't have run them they all had cancer mods when I corrupted them lol) and got him on the 4th map. He was by far the hardest for me. I realized a few things after I beat him that would have made my life so much easier such as flame dash instead of shield charge for the beams. The other 3 were no problems at all. I one shot them each even with some terrible mods on 2 of the maps (-res + ele weakness on phoenix lol). All in all not bad.

So I had the maps and said lets do shaper! Nope haha. Not sure what went wrong. Golem I COULD NOT keep alive. Every time I would get him up he was just dead immediately. I got him into the 2nd phase but by the time I ran out of portals there was just a mess all over the arena from bad hole placements. I was focusing so much on just getting a golem up so I could cast that I couldn't focus on them at all.

Not sure what else I can do for it - maybe more practice. The only time I've beaten him was shortly after I started the game late last league I was playing a golem mancer and I would just die and make a sandwich while the golems killed him solo :).

Oh and I did 3 successful chayula breach lord runs too. This build really can do just about everything. Shaper i'm sure will be possible, just like you said at the start of the guide it's not exactly a shaper farmer. Its doable, just you have to work for it.
"
msupr wrote:
Got insanely lucky last night/this morning and found 3 exalts. Decided to pick up a United in Dream. My rares really aren't that good and I need purity for capped resists. Which aura is best to drop if not purity?

And really loving this build BTW. With MF gear on (before I had the united in dream) I was able to clear a ton of 13-15 maps. Had a couple deaths and issues on two t14's with twinned bosses/bad mods. Haven't done any content at all yet with the cutlass, gonna hop in to see how much more damage I'm doing now.

Spoiler

I personally would drop a damage aura - envy or anger. Grace's QoL and survivability is hard to let go of.
"
ryansider wrote:
"
msupr wrote:

Spoiler

I personally would drop a damage aura - envy or anger. Grace's QoL and survivability is hard to let go of.

This I completely agree with. I was dropping grace for purity because my res sucked at the time. I didn't use grace until the very end when I was in red maps. Instantly all my survival problems went out the window with grace active once I got my resistances figured out. Now I wont run without it - its just too good.
Hello friends. Thanks again for all the previous input really means a lot.

So I did guardians for the first time ever last night. 1 Death Chimera / 1 Death Minotaur / Deathless Phoenix all luckily easy corrupts. Going to try for Hydra tonight, then get one more level and gear up and learn shaper. Been a pretty unlucky league for me, 0 ex 3 reliq so far and got nothing from them sadly. Been grinding that chaos recipe and 2c/5c sales for all my gear.

First question is how do you guys generally handle harder bosses. It seems like the adds on the guardians do not count for vaal so the vaal skills seem kind of useless. This makes me think of adding zombies / spectres / desecrate.

Got my UiD last night next plan is to pickup a
1. Shav's ring non legacy.
2. Upgrade all my rares budget 1 EX each.
3. 21/20 SRS if none of mine corrupt well.
4. Stone golem helm.
5. Energy from Within.
6. Lvl 21 Discipline.

What is the best plan going forward for farming. Never been this far before, should I do sextant strand runs as MF? Should I get my pushing gear and farm Guardians or farm Breach lords?

Really sad that I am going to have to give up a gem. I really like spectres but I guess they are going to be the one to go.

Profile is open for suggestions. Thanks! Just realized I never upgraded faster attacks whoops.

Spoiler

Last edited by Idyar on Mar 26, 2017, 7:27:24 PM
"
Idyar wrote:
Hello friends. Thanks again for all the previous input really means a lot.

So I did guardians for the first time ever last night. 1 Death Chimera / 1 Death Minotaur / Deathless Phoenix all luckily easy corrupts. Going to try for Hydra tonight, then get one more level and gear up and learn shaper. Been a pretty unlucky league for me, 0 ex 3 reliq so far and got nothing from them sadly. Been grinding that chaos recipe and 2c/5c sales for all my gear.

First question is how do you guys generally handle harder bosses. It seems like the adds on the guardians do not count for vaal so the vaal skills seem kind of useless. This makes me think of adding zombies / spectres / desecrate.

Got my UiD last night next plan is to pickup a
1. Shav's ring non legacy.
2. Upgrade all my rares budget 1 EX each.
3. 21/20 SRS if none of mine corrupt well.
4. Stone golem helm.
5. Energy from Within.
6. Lvl 21 Discipline.

What is the best plan going forward for farming. Never been this far before, should I do sextant strand runs as MF? Should I get my pushing gear and farm Guardians or farm Breach lords?

Really sad that I am going to have to give up a gem. I really like spectres but I guess they are going to be the one to go.

Profile is open for suggestions. Thanks! Just realized I never upgraded faster attacks whoops.

Spoiler

I'm not an end-game content kind of guy, so I'll let others touch that one.

For the farming - you should optimize the atlas if you haven't already. I settled into farming T10-T13 maps with a full MF setup -- Shaped Mesa, Shaped Strand, Shaped Mud Geyser, and Shaped Atoll. I never used sextants for them, but in hindsight it probably isn't a bad idea. Farming breaches is another option -- in Breach league I farmed the four lower breaches in full MF gear for some good returns.
Been meaning to do SRS in a while, though I wanted to play the bow version.

I've been wondering quite a bit by reading a few of the last posts apart from the guide. It seems that the main focus is the 6L Shav + UiD setup. But why? I do realize that being able to use Shield Charge is a great QoL. But I really can't see how this setup, even with Envy aura is anywhere near a +3 bow or a +7 SRS gem level and +1 to all gems which equates to pretty much more than doubling the SRS damage (100% more damage on SRS'es base attack) when it comes to damage output. Am I missing something here, since OP seems to imply that UiD is more than enough to get the DPS output close to the classic +3 setup?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info