[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

Hey everyone! I am absolutely loving this build so far! First time running SRS and first time running a low life build. Feels amazing rocking 7 aura's, and I can't wait to get my 8th. I could use some feedback on what my next big step should be. Should I be working towards my Shavs next? It seems so far away currency wise. Should I buy Offering cards or just keep saving until I can pay the 6ex for the chest? Amazing build, great post. Thanks again!
"
Idyar wrote:

I had a similar question. And just to be clear you suggest UiD before shav's rev? I have enough to buy one of them now looking forward to my last couple items.

If you doing fine now, then shavs ring wont change much, but if you feel that it would be cool to have constant es regeneration, then shavs ring is nice. Personally in your situation i would get shavs ring + severed in sleep (not upgraded United in dream). Cost same and you just get some dmg from weapon, but without aura. And shav's ring too..
"
Regards wrote:

Hey everyone! I am absolutely loving this build so far! First time running SRS and first time running a low life build. Feels amazing rocking 7 aura's, and I can't wait to get my 8th. I could use some feedback on what my next big step should be. Should I be working towards my Shavs next? It seems so far away currency wise. Should I buy Offering cards or just keep saving until I can pay the 6ex for the chest? Amazing build, great post. Thanks again!

You definitely need to change that helmet. Other changes:

1) 20% quality your boots
2) I don't see a vaal clarity anywhere.

I would probably upgrade the Eye of Chayula to Presence of Chayula prior to going for the Shavs. But yes, Shav's is one of your next few things. Offering cards work fine and help you feel the progress increase as you collect them, but it'll end up not being 5/6L. You do whatever you feel is the best, but essentially you just need to get a Shavs.
"
ryansider wrote:

I would probably upgrade the Eye of Chayula to Presence of Chayula prior to going for the Shavs. But yes, Shav's is one of your next few things. Offering cards work fine and help you feel the progress increase as you collect them, but it'll end up not being 5/6L. You do whatever you feel is the best, but essentially you just need to get a Shavs.

I'm sure this has been answered, so I apologize ahead of time, but what does Vaal Clarity accomplish by being BM? Is it the same idea as clarity, that it gives another aura for the Necro ascendancy?
"
Regards wrote:
"
ryansider wrote:

I'm sure this has been answered, so I apologize ahead of time, but what does Vaal Clarity accomplish by being BM? Is it the same idea as clarity, that it gives another aura for the Necro ascendancy?

It allows you to regenerate ES while casting your SRS. It's absolutely essential for the build, there's no debate.

To explain: VC's tooltip says it allows to you cast without using mana. With BM, that changes to life. This keeps your life from dropping when you cast SRS, which allows your ES to regenerate. Without VC you need to stop casting in order to regenerate ES, which for this build essentially means you need to stop and wait. That isn't ideal.
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 25, 2017, 5:08:17 PM
"
ryansider wrote:
"
Regards wrote:
"
ryansider wrote:

It allows you to regenerate ES while casting your SRS. It's absolutely essential for the build, there's no debate.

To explain: VC's tooltip says it allows to you cast without using mana. With BM, that changes to life. This keeps your life from dropping when you cast SRS, which allows your ES to regenerate. Without VC you need to stop casting in order to regenerate ES, which for this build essentially means you need to stop and wait. That isn't ideal.

Ah! Fantastic! I was relying on Vaal Discipline to keep my ES pool up, having VC seems like a no brainer with that! Thanks.
"
Regards wrote:
Ah! Fantastic! I was relying on Vaal Discipline to keep my ES pool up, having VC seems like a no brainer with that! Thanks.

VC is really one of the basic necessities for the build!
Best place to spend skill points after finishing the 113 tree? I guess the options are more ES points or work towards additional jewel slots. I'm leaning towards just throwing the rest of my points into ES but wanted to see what everyone else was doing.
"
msupr wrote:
Best place to spend skill points after finishing the 113 tree? I guess the options are more ES points or work towards additional jewel slots. I'm leaning towards just throwing the rest of my points into ES but wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

Great question. I personally went for "Void Barrier" and "Written in Blood" - not as much ES as going for the pure 6% nodes, but VB gives some all res, more evasion, and more recharge. WB gives extra life for more padding on slower regen maps and some strength to relieve gear requirements. You can also go for "Faith and Steel" for a similar type of reason.

Basically, my reasoning to get VB and WiB was to relieve the pressure on some gear items. That lets you more easily go for pure ES items.

The jewel socket above "Sentinel" is a good choice too - you can get 18% cold and lightning resist nodes to get there.. The jewel socket off "Shaper" is decent (gives more life regen to get it). Lastly is the jewel socket above "Lord of the Dead" - it's two int passives to get it, so not entirely wasted.
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 25, 2017, 8:26:34 PM
"
ryansider wrote:
"
msupr wrote:

Great question. I personally went for "Void Barrier" and "Written in Blood" - not as much ES as going for the pure 6% nodes, but VB gives some all res, more evasion, and more recharge. WB gives extra life for more padding on slower regen maps and some strength to relieve gear requirements. You can also go for "Faith and Steel" for a similar type of reason.

Basically, my reasoning to get VB and WiB was to relieve the pressure on some gear items. That lets you more easily go for pure ES items.

The jewel socket above "Sentinel" is a good choice too - you can get 18% cold and lightning resist nodes to get there.. The jewel socket off "Shaper" is decent (gives more life regen to get it). Lastly is the jewel socket above "Lord of the Dead" - it's two int passives to get it, so not entirely wasted.

Nice, I'll take a look at those. I wasn't even considering anything outside the pure ES fields. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info