[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

"
ShinSloth wrote:
been loving the guide so far. it's my first season playing and this has been a huge help.

I'm at the point where I'm looking to buy a shavs right now and I'm not sure if I should buy the cheapest one and try to 6L it myself or buy a 6L outright (much more expensive). Any pointers?

There's really not a right answer. If you feel lucky, buy a cheap one and attempt to 6L it. If you get a 5L along the way, sell it and restart.

I'm personally a pessimist and wait until I can buy the real thing.
switch everything what u told me , but have huge problems t7 and highter maps, i will so often get oneshotted with lvl 87 dont rly know what to do ;(
"
xaiyx wrote:
switch everything what u told me , but have huge problems t7 and highter maps, i will so often get oneshotted with lvl 87 dont rly know what to do ;(

I think you just need to manage expectations. You have level 19, 0% quality gems. You're using decent gear, but you have plenty of spots for upgrades.

It's clear that you're focused on IIR, especially with your rings. Running an MF build requires you to sacrifice some survivability and speed. It's a trade off. With that being said, farm some tier 5 maps, get yourself a shavs, get some better jewels, level your gems to 20 and vendor to 20% quality. It takes time to get yourself up to the point where even t15 maps are a breeze. Just take it slow.

Edit: You also don't need the essence surge passive and the passives it takes to get there. You can use those four to get champion of the cause. Save up a few chaos and further optimize your rings to get +30 or so dexterity, and use that to allow for better jewels. Jewels with faster cast rate or minion damage along with +max ES will help increase responsiveness and clear speed.
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 10, 2017, 8:59:49 PM
"
ryansider wrote:
"
ShinSloth wrote:
been loving the guide so far. it's my first season playing and this has been a huge help.

I'm at the point where I'm looking to buy a shavs right now and I'm not sure if I should buy the cheapest one and try to 6L it myself or buy a 6L outright (much more expensive). Any pointers?

There's really not a right answer. If you feel lucky, buy a cheap one and attempt to 6L it. If you get a 5L along the way, sell it and restart.

Hah I see. I'll see if i can find the estimated cost of 6linking an item somewhere.

On an unrelated note, at what point would you use a 20 quality srs over a lv20 srs? mine are currently leveling not sure if i should wait til they are lv20 to swap them out.
"
ShinSloth wrote:
"
ryansider wrote:
"
ShinSloth wrote:

Hah I see. I'll see if i can find the estimated cost of 6linking an item somewhere.

On an unrelated note, at what point would you use a 20 quality srs over a lv20 srs? mine are currently leveling not sure if i should wait til they are lv20 to swap them out.

It depends how you are with currency. If you have some currency, go ahead and buy a Level 1, 20% SRS and level it a bit while you are leveling the main SRS. Personally, I just level my starter gems to 20, use the vendor recipe, and then re-level them up to 20/20. There are easier, and quicker ways, but I'd rather save the currency.
Oh I mean I have a choice between a lv18 20 quality and a lv20 0 quality, not sure which to pick.
"
ryansider wrote:
"
xaiyx wrote:

It's clear that you're focused on IIR, especially with your rings. Running an MF build requires you to sacrifice some survivability and speed. It's a trade off. With that being said, farm some tier 5 maps, get yourself a shavs, get some better jewels, level your gems to 20 and vendor to 20% quality. It takes time to get yourself up to the point where even t15 maps are a breeze. Just take it slow.

Edit: You also don't need the essence surge passive and the passives it takes to get there. You can use those four to get champion of the cause. Save up a few chaos and further optimize your rings to get +30 or so dexterity, and use that to allow for better jewels. Jewels with faster cast rate or minion damage along with +max ES will help increase responsiveness and clear speed.

changed the passives , jeah u are right with that.

i try to get a new ring with +60 energyshied ,duel resis and dex

should i recraft my ilvl 84 hubris until i got a decent one with 250+ es and 3%reduction ? or should i keep it and doing it later after the shav?

atm i have 6-7 ex - is it rly worth to get a 6l shavs for the tripple price? is it a huge difference or is it only a first world problem :D ?
"
ShinSloth wrote:
Oh I mean I have a choice between a lv18 20 quality and a lv20 0 quality, not sure which to pick.

Oh I'd definitely swap to the 18/20 gem. Don't quote me on any of this, but I typically value a 15/20 over a 20/0.
"
xaiyx wrote:

changed the passives , jeah u are right with that.

i try to get a new ring with +60 energyshied ,duel resis and dex

should i recraft my ilvl 84 hubris until i got a decent one with 250+ es and 3%reduction ? or should i keep it and doing it later after the shav?

atm i have 6-7 ex - is it rly worth to get a 6l shavs for the tripple price? is it a huge difference or is it only a first world problem :D ?

Your helmet is fine for the moment. If you do craft another, use the 5% mana reduction essence.

A 6L shavs is definitely worth it. It's a significant improvement over a 6L lorica.
Last edited by ryansider on Mar 10, 2017, 9:50:55 PM
i mean the difference between shav 5link or 6link - 5link price is ~7-9ex the 6link price is 20+ex atm

and double price for 1 link more ? 10ex more worth ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info