[3.1] SRS LL Auramancer in-depth guide

Of course it is for the Aura from the sword that makes sense! Thanks.
"
JitanLeetho wrote:

I was wondering if you have any tips for me or maybe even see some obvious gearing problems I have. (my res are capped, I´m running clarity, discipline, haste, purity of fire,ice and the 3 dmg auras) I don´t run grace because my usual party partner runs it and I figured another purity gives us more survivability.

Also i investigated your tree & gear and thats the list i can suggest to you:
1. Refund that 1 skillpoint with Minion life & regeneration at top left on the tree (Death attunement cluster) - that few % hp wont help and regeneration of 1% is just joke. Use it better on jewel slot.
2. I would refund that Beacon of corruption ascendancy node (and the small one too). It was written in guide, thats its an option for ENDGAME lab, not Merciless. You should took Spirit eater.
3. You have too much dex if i calculated correctly. Change the jewel at bottom (that one with str/dex/minion dmg to blue minion damage + int, that cost you 1-2c and regal it. If lucky you should get something better than str (which we dont need, or dex, which isnt so important too.)
3. 2 dex nodes +30 is way too much, i dont know how you dont cap it. Should basically dont use any of these, or at least just 1. Now you have 120 dex from nodes on your tree, base witch is 14 more, so 134 and for Haste 20 lvl you need 155, if you lucky vaal it ok then 159. So in max you need 159-134=25 dex on gear. you have 10 on boots, 15 on amulet. Thats enough, i would just glove with dex 30+ and refund 1 passive again.
4. 3 nodes for 18 resists each. Thats wasting a points dude, cap it on your gear!
5. Use purity of elements, it gives you with passives from ascendancy and aura effects 64 resists, so you dont need so much to cap single resits and you reserve less mana, which allow you to run Grace aura, which gives you evasion, also defensives.
6. Upgrade your belt, look for 52+ total flat ES, and double resits 72+ total elemental resists on poe.trade that cost you 2-4c max, if lucky deal even cheaper (or more resits for the same price). The foto as proof of it, 2c takes you to make 2 chaos recipes which are easy as nothing..
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/xizVm

That upgrade i would do after you get a ring (look at new point 7.)
7. Upgrade your both rings: Look for unset (best option to get a socket slot), or any other base, if no unset rings available (hard to get, i know!). You should look for 35+ total flat ES and 110+ total elemental resists on poe.trade. That cost you each 5 chaos. Actually 1 ring is already overkill and with purity of elements allow you to run an MF ring like Andvarius, or any other ring you want. Again foto here as proof, that it cost just 5c, again.. pretty much easy money to obtain with chaos recipes:
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/GKBYw

I highly recommend to look for a ring that have 2 high resits and on top of that some total elemental resists, so this makes 2 resists to get your somewhere 40-50, which means 64 (from ascendacy+purity of elements)+ 10 (from skilltree), and +50 from a ring, which look already 124, almost capped for merciless (without overstacking for elemental weakness maps/curses)
8. Upgrade your gloves. After you have bought 2 rings and belt, resists should be capped, if not, just write on piece of paper whats left, i highly recommend to plan it a bit, not like capping one resists way too much, and rest ignoring. Also resists on belt and rings should be different. After it you should look for gloves with dex (if you want to save point from +30 dex node), single resists and somewhere 160+ total es. This cost again not that much 3-4c. Here is a proof:
Spoiler
http://imgur.com/a/FepaD

You write at poe trade shield 160+, and for modifiers: 25+ total elemental resists. When you look for gloves, look that nothing is crafted and preffered suffix open, which allow you to craft easy 25-30 resist for just 2 alch by Haku. Sounds easy? Yes its easy.
9. So you save some gem slots because you swap your purities to purity of elements. Drop that animate guardian from your helm. Generosity for Shield charge isnt needed too. I highly recommend to swap item rarity from main link to minion damage, if you say, that not enough dmg. You can put it in your inventory or the gem slot you just won by getting rid of some gems. Just swap it out before boss and you are fine.
10. If you still somehow unlucky and didn't stacked resists, shield should be your last option to cap it. But i highly recommend shield just fore pure ES and possibly int on top of that, to boost your total ES. I would look for 400+ and look where is nothing crafted and you can craft a resist. Or just with elemental resists you need. Also more than your 14 light resists, preffered 30+.

Also all those changes not that costly (2x rings 5c each, gloves 3c, belt 2c, blue jewel 2c. Also 17c for few hours of farming chaos recipe if unlucky with drops), but should improve your performance a bit, if you have questions, ask, or write me. Some bosses are tricky, yes, thats how the game & build is, but until red maps shouldn't be an issue at all.
Last edited by Matematikas on Mar 10, 2017, 1:47:48 PM
hey, i've been playing with this build and i noticed that using 8 auras i can only use srs in a 4link as dont have enough unreserved life. currently i'm leveling an enlighten to use on 3 of my auras so i can release a bit more of reserved life. is there anything else i can do beside that?
Last edited by xBytex on Mar 10, 2017, 2:10:59 PM
"
xBytex wrote:
hey, i've been playing with this build and i noticed that using 8 auras i can only use srs in a 4link as dont have enough unreserved life. currently i'm leveling an enlighten to use on 3 of my auras so i can release a bit more of reserved life. is there anything else i can do beside that?

Mana reserved helmet enchant or 3% reduced mana reserved craft using
I love the build, but then I hit a roadblock just when I switched to lowlife: FPS drops. Is it normal to get FPS drops? I'm guessing it's because of the aura calculations when a SRS goes outside the range of the auras.

Have you guys got this issue, or know about any workaround?

Thanks.
IGN: DylanRyder
The Crit Philosopher: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/960124
Dominus Split Runs guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1212404
"
JitanLeetho wrote:
Hey I´m currently playing your build and as always with a SRS summoner I had an absolute blast until I hit maps.
Thanks for the really good and in depth guide at this point.

I am lvl 87 now but lvling has become really hard.

My damage is starting to fall off now, I´m super squishy and die more than I gain in exp despite playing very slow and careful(like 10+ minutes to clear a map). I get oneshot by bosses all the time and have no idea how to dodge their attacks because I have to get close enough to them for my srs to target them, which means they instantly jump me since srs can´t be targeted.

My clearspeed is very slow, because the srs trigger range is so small, I often have to walk from pack to pack and recast my srs.

I´m currently stuck on tier 6 maps and have absolutely no idea how to ever be able to do red maps or even higher content without united in dream, shavs and presence of chayula which seem to be unreachable with just farming white tier and low yellow tier maps.

My character also has huge survivability problems when I party with people and act as an aura bot that only uses srs to help on bosses (I couldn´t use srs during the map clear because its hard enough to keep up with people as is without casting srs in between movements), because I have to stay close enough to whoever I´m supporting that my auras have an effect on him, so I end up being in the middle of packs which makes me die quit a lot and is very frustrating.

I was wondering if you have any tips for me or maybe even see some obvious gearing problems I have. (my res are capped, I´m running clarity, discipline, haste, purity of fire,ice and the 3 dmg auras) I don´t run grace because my usual party partner runs it and I figured another purity gives us more survivability.

When I map alone, it´s hard to even keep vaal clarity up sometimes because of my slow clearspeed.

Sorry for the wall of text and thanks for any advice you can give.

Alrighty, lets start from the top.

1) You have very easy upgrades available to your gloves, belt, and rings. (more on these later)

2) You need to figure out your flask set up - get a shock and a poison removal flask if nothing else.

3) Drop the two purity auras in place of Purity of Elements and Grace.

4) The generosity gem in your weapon is useless. Drop that and put a fortify in there for some survivability.

5) Your skill tree is a complete mess.
-Drop the three +18% resist passives above Sentinel.
-Drop the minion life passive by Pain Attunement
-Drop the attack speed passive by Harrier
-Drop at least one of the +30 dex passives. You have a ton of room for dexterity on your rings, gloves, etc. - there's no need to have 60 dex tied up in your passives.
-Use these new passives to get Lord of the Dead (!!!!!!) and the two passives beside it.
-Any remaining points can go towards additional jewel slots or +ES passives.

6) If you're struggling so much with damage, drop the Item Rarity gem in your 5L and replace with a Minion Damage Support.

With all of those changes, I'd next look at your play style. There's no way you should need 10 minutes for a map, nor should you need to recast spirits between every pack. Spirits will track a fairly large area around you, so as they kill mobs, keep moving to allow them to continue killing.

Let me know what your current ES pool is fully buffed.

"
marcel2142 wrote:
Hey, i wanted to ask what you would recommend going for at a later stage.

The +3 bow or Severed in Sleep Unique?
What would be currency wise to get?
I think the bow costs 2 ex to craft if iam not wrong right now,
also you will loose huge mobilty and some es since you cant use the shield.
But the Breach Unique is really expensive is it worth it dmg wise?
Or just for the mobilty?

I'm 100% on the Severed in Sleep / United in Dream train. Not only does it give extra damage to your minions, but it keeps them alive via leech and higher resists. The upgraded version is even better, and gives you an alternative 8th aura. Plus, like you stated, it allows for you to use shield charge.
"
austeemo wrote:
good guide but i was wondering which gems i should be keeping level 1? i assume whirling blades, cwdt and clarity but everything else i should max out assuming i have the stat req?

sorry for noobish question i have never played aura build before

Whirling Blades and Clarity for sure. CWDT and the associated defensive spells can be kept at level 1, or at whatever level you find optimal.

Beyond those, everything should go to level 20, yes.
"
Saxarona wrote:
I love the build, but then I hit a roadblock just when I switched to lowlife: FPS drops. Is it normal to get FPS drops? I'm guessing it's because of the aura calculations when a SRS goes outside the range of the auras.

Have you guys got this issue, or know about any workaround?

Thanks.

From a playstyle point of view, there's no work around. You can modify the game settings in various ways to reduce graphics and free up some memory - try out some of those tweaks if you're still struggling.
been loving the guide so far. it's my first season playing and this has been a huge help.

I'm at the point where I'm looking to buy a shavs right now and I'm not sure if I should buy the cheapest one and try to 6L it myself or buy a 6L outright (much more expensive). Any pointers?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info